Back to Convolutional Neural Networks in TensorFlow

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Convolutional Neural Networks in TensorFlow by DeepLearning.AI

If you are a software developer who wants to build scalable AI-powered algorithms, you need to understand how to use the tools to build them. This course is part of the upcoming Machine Learning in Tensorflow Specialization and will teach you best practices for using TensorFlow, a popular open-source framework for machine learning. In Course 2 of the deeplearning.ai TensorFlow Specialization, you will learn advanced techniques to improve the computer vision model you built in Course 1. You will explore how to work with real-world images in different shapes and sizes, visualize the journey of an image through convolutions to understand how a computer “sees” information, plot loss and accuracy, and explore strategies to prevent overfitting, including augmentation and dropout. Finally, Course 2 will introduce you to transfer learning and how learned features can be extracted from models. The Machine Learning course and Deep Learning Specialization from Andrew Ng teach the most important and foundational principles of Machine Learning and Deep Learning. This new deeplearning.ai TensorFlow Specialization teaches you how to use TensorFlow to implement those principles so that you can start building and applying scalable models to real-world problems. To develop a deeper understanding of how neural networks work, we recommend that you take the Deep Learning Specialization....

RB
Mar 14, 2020

Nice experience taking this course. Precise and to the point introduction of topics and a really nice head start into practical aspects of Computer Vision and using the amazing tensorflow framework..

MS
Nov 12, 2020

A really good course that builds up the knowledge over the concepts covered in Course 1. All the ideas are applicable in real world scenario and this is what makes the course that much more valuable!

776 - 800 of 916 Reviews for Convolutional Neural Networks in TensorFlow

By Subhendu R M

Aug 12, 2020

A nice well-balanced course.

By Rohit K S

Sep 18, 2020

Mind Boggling Experience!!

By Walter G

Nov 29, 2019

A very brief quick course.

By Guilherme R M

Jun 10, 2019

Bom curso, muito prático.

By Loutzidis A

Mar 16, 2020

The quiz were quite easy

By Prabesh G

Jul 16, 2019

Was okay

By S. M S H

Sep 21, 2020

Good

By Henrique C G

Jan 1, 2020

I'm sad to say that I'm really disappointed with the course. What is even stranger is that professor Andrew is associated and endorse the course. I like professor Marooney, but honestly, even his free tutorials on the Tensorflow channel on Youtube have more information than this course. It really seems like something put together in a haste just to make it available on Coursera. The level of detail and instructions is not on par with the quality of both the Coursera platform and the professors associated with this course.

It seems that as I progress through the courses in this specialization the instructions get poorer and poorer and the level of information gets more and more scarce. It got to a point where we are just given notebooks to run; they are not even graded (they barely were on the first course). And even the notebooks where the we are given a chance to complete some code, there are absurd things like "print(#your code here#)" in places that don't even make sense except if we copy and paste from the other notebooks of the course. Really? Print what? The only way we can guess what kind of debug info the notebook is asking is by looking at other notebooks at that exact same line.

For the reviewers; if you are really reading this, please remember that Coursera is charging $49/month for this specialization. If we consider that an average student will take 4 weeks to complete, that's almost $200 for something that's barely a tutorial at it's current version. $49 may be a reasonable rate for a citizen of the US, for example, but it's and exorbitant amount of money for students of poorer countries using the platform in hopes of acquire knowledge of decent quality.

By Michael

Jul 26, 2019

A bit too basic and shallow in terms of conducting the lecture. You are left doing most of the things on your own as the trainer assumes you know. Like using the jupyter notebook, configuring the tensorfow. Some of the google collab books do not work or took too long to load, the videos are too short no notes provided at all. After finishing the course there is nothing to refer to and its starting all over again. Given the level of machine learning course with Professor Adrew Ng, the standard is very high and you will expect that same level. Nevertheless, the concepts are very useful and the lecture explain very well. There level of material left for students to practice on their own,like assignments, notes. Not to be referred to existing material.

By Muthukumarasamy S

Aug 4, 2019

Overall learning from this course is less compared to the expectations from a 4 week course. I was expecting to learn variety of TensorFlow implementations for CNN like Face recognition, Object detection. But this course only talks about Image classification. It would have been better if you could also discuss more about implementing various architectures in TensorFlow like ResNets, Inception. Also, You talked only about using sequential layers in Keras and concatenation of layers in Keras is not discussed here. I know all these concepts are discussed in Deep Learning specialization. I was only expecting to learn their implementation in TensorFlow from this course.

By Pablo A

Sep 4, 2020

It's a nice next step after the first course in this series, however, I think a lot of this could be summarized in a shorter course or even added to course 1. I was particularly annoyed by some of the assignments as they required knowledge of other libraries that are not part of the course. Particularly Week 2 and 4, I spent a lot of time figuring out how different libraries worked just so I could preprocess my data before even gettin on to the course material. Week 4 in particular feels cramped up and the assignment uses a lot of tools not previously discussed, I don't think I learned much from it, I just wanted to be done.

By Dhruv D

Jan 21, 2021

I wanted to rate this course 5 stars as it really is the best intro to CNN's ive seen but the last assignment was so egregious that I just have to dock 2 stars to bring this to instructor attention. Lots of people are having this problem. It was not the difficulty (in fact it was a nice change of pace from the usual flow_from_directory assignments) but instead the marking criteria and timeouts etc. My first submission took 2.5 hours to fail. I submitted again with next to no changes and it passed within 5 minutes - I lost the time it couldve taken to do .5-1 week of the next module

By Christopher N

Oct 29, 2020

The course lectures are solid, but the assignments are pretty dismal for beginners. There isn't much guidance built into the assignments, and sometimes they require the use of things that were absolutely not covered in the lectures(classic academic mistake). My suggestion for the course creators is to examine how Andrew Ng's assignments are in his Coursera course and model them after that. Or simply make sure that the assignments are clear(clear to someone beginning, not a TF expert).

By Artem D

Jan 29, 2020

I liked the lectures (videos). And I did not like that the course has no mandatory programming assignments. I pay for the course to make myself study. And I believe that there is no study without practice. Hence, this course did not make me study, thus I don't understand why I need this course :-(. And I could find free lectures about TF/Keras (maybe not so good, but free) and/or read the documentation. BTW, I really like Andrew NG's courses, but this one really disappointed me.