Back to COVID-19 - A clinical update

Learner Reviews & Feedback for COVID-19 - A clinical update by University of Florida

As an expert in infectious diseases, editor of the Journal of Infectious Diseases and author of the textbook Infectious Diseases: A clinical short course, McGraw-Hill April 2020, I have been concerned about the misinformation being shared about the COVID-19 epidemic. How did this disease develop? Where did it come from? How does it cause diseases? The answers to these questions will be answered in the first video of module 1. The world has been startled and frightened by the rapid spread of this virus throughout the world. In Video 2 the epidemiology as presently understood is reviewed. This video will be periodically updated recognizing the rapid progression of the pandemic. Many want to know how does this disease present, what are the symptoms associated with COVID-19? How dangerous is COVID-19? Who is at risk of dying? All these questions are answered in Video 3. And finally how is this disease best treated and how can we slow the spread of the infection? These questions are answered in video 4. In addition to the videos multiple choice questions are included to test your understanding and there is an epidemiology peer reviewed exercise designed to teach you how this infection is spread and to show the power of the tracing of cases and isolating those who are infected. The second peer review exercise will encourage you to create a campaign to shift your countries culture to embrace behaviors that can lead to suppression of the epidemic, behaviors that will save lives. After completing this course you will be armed with the knowledge and skills to make a difference and help to bend the curve....

SD

Jun 13, 2020

Hellow I am samruddhi and glad to tell you that I had recive the good grades in this course and completed it. This course has taught me many new things and this is very helpful for my future.

DD

Sep 09, 2020

Excellent material, eminent faculties and wonderfully presented all throughout. It kept me engaged scientifically over the last couple of months. Kudos!!

1 - 25 of 48 Reviews for COVID-19 - A clinical update

By Nitish K (

Apr 25, 2020

why you didn't gave me certificate .....i've completed the course with a good grade

By Mohammad a

Apr 27, 2020

I hadn't receive a certificate, I've completed this course, what's the problem?

By A S M A I

Apr 30, 2020

An excellent course, really indepth information of latest pandemic. I have passed with a very good grade. Is there any way I can get a certificate? Certificates are proof of my participation. Please let me know. Thanks

By Stephen G

Jun 02, 2020

This course gave a good overview of COVID-19 from a clinician point of view. This complements another COVID-19 course I took with COursera

By Adrosis N S S

May 23, 2020

I highly recommend this course from University of Florida. It's very interesting and useful course , it explains all important clinical updates about COVID_19 in a very simple way that everyone can understand 🙂 thanks alot Coursera team , University of Florida and Dr. Fredrech for this amazing course..

By Hadeel M E B

Apr 20, 2020

very informative regading the methods of diagnosis , what is upto date regarding treatments and why staying at home matters

By Gerardo G M

May 09, 2020

Good up to date knowledge.

I like how you make it so interactive and didactic with the assignments.

I highly recommend!

By A Y G

Apr 30, 2020

Thank all of this course preparators.

By ASMA B A

Apr 21, 2020

Excellent

By Nigel P

Apr 25, 2020

I liked and appreciated the focus on public health issues and not just the medical and epidemiological factors of the disease. And excellent short course. Many thanks for preparing this.

By Giovanni C

The course offers relevant and significant information. However, in could be improved by giving more specific and in-depth knowledge.

Regardless I am grateful to the organizers for giving me this learning opportunity

By Dr. A S M

Jul 14, 2020

I have learnt about the pandemic covid 19, various terms related to disease spread for example R sub zero, suppression, mitigation, death rate, campaigning, disinformation, clinical trials for various treatment strategies, prevention of spread of disease.

By Gurpreet K

Jun 14, 2020

This course is very informative, supportive and interesting. Training materials were well organized and provided good case studies. Frederick is an excellent instructor, very patient and thorough . I am very pleasant to learn this course .

By Diana K M C

The course is very interesting and important. I learned a lot and cleared doubts I had about this pandemic (COVID-19). Thanks to instructor Dr. Fred for making his videos dynamic so we can learn and co-understand better.

By peejau

Jun 18, 2020

I liked this course very much. I learned a lot about Covid-19, and the project to make a campaign to support proper prevention measures was fun. I would recommend this course to anyone with an interest in Covid-19.

By SAMRUDDHI B D

Jun 13, 2020

By Dr. A K D

Sep 09, 2020

By Jezreel D D N

Jun 21, 2020

A very informative course regarding the ongoing pandemic! Although it just needed some update due to recent data and studies. The instructor is great!

By Pedro M S

May 06, 2020

Coming from Dr. Southpick it was not surprising to see such an eye-catching course, professionally addressed, well designed and organized.

By Maria F D

Aug 23, 2020

I've learned soooo much about the topic, it is very clear and well explained, as well as the slides are amazing. I loved it!!!

By Dr. M K

Jun 25, 2020

Best till date with latest updates and a difficult set of assignments to make you more perfect

By Maisha T D

Jun 17, 2020

This course has been really helpful to understand the preventive measures. Thank you Coursera.

By ALEJANDRO L V R

Jul 24, 2020

excellent course on infection from COVID 19, very helpful, thanks Frederick S. Southwick, MD