Back to Creative Thinking: Techniques and Tools for Success

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Creative Thinking: Techniques and Tools for Success by Imperial College London

In today’s ever-growing and changing world, being able to think creatively and innovatively are essential skills. It can sometimes be challenging to step back and reflect in an environment which is fast paced or when you are required to assimilate large amounts of information. Making sense of or communicating new ideas in an innovative and engaging way, approaching problems from fresh angles, and producing novel solutions are all traits which are highly sought after by employers. This course will equip you with a ‘tool-box’, introducing you to a selection of behaviours and techniques that will augment your innate creativity. Some of the tools are suited to use on your own and others work well for a group, enabling you to leverage the power of several minds. You can pick and choose which of these tools or techniques suit your needs and interests, focusing on some or all of the selected approaches and in the order that fits best for you. The practical approach of this course enables you to acquire an essential skill-set for generating ideas, with plenty of: - Fun e-tivities and exercises; - Practical lectures and tips; - Video representations of the techniques in action. By the end of this course you should be able to: - Pick a type of brainstorming you think will be useful to apply to a challenge - Use alphabet brainstorming in tackling a challenge - Use grid brainstorming in tackling a challenge - Use a morphological chart to synthesise a solution to a challenge - Use the TRIZ contradiction matrix to identify recommended inventive principles - Apply SCAMPER to a range of challenges The greatest innovators aren’t necessarily the people who have the most original idea. Often, they are people- or teams- that have harnessed their creativity to develop a new perspective or more effective way of communicating an idea. You can train your imagination to seize opportunities, break away from routine and habit, and tap into your natural creativity. Join this course and a community of practitioners in CREATIVITY!...

M

Jul 22, 2020

Amazing to find out that I have been using the Six thinking Hats tool all my adult life and I wasn't even aware of its existence! As an Event Manager, I would definitely be applying many of the tools.

OE

I enjoyed this course right from the start. The videos are relatable and exciting as so were the reading exercises to get a better knowledge of how to think and easy, fast steps to get to those ideas.

1001 - 1019 of 1,019 Reviews for Creative Thinking: Techniques and Tools for Success

By NAYA M D

Sep 9, 2021

good

By SRI C V

Sep 9, 2021

good

By HARDIK J

Very

By SHENKUMAR R P

Sep 6, 2021

good

By Sowmiyaa

Jun 6, 2020

Nice

By Orhan Y

Mar 20, 2022

Except TRIZ, which I think is for people in technical fields, I have benefited from all the methods and tools that are instructed in this course. It starts with an attention-grabbing definition of creativity stating that creativity is imagination with responsibility and ends with an optional e-tivity which asks for your insight as a response to the question "What innovation do you think the world needs?".

In my opinion, the examples used in the course should be more versatile rather than being on technical issues like moving people from one floor to another in a workplace. This course should be designed for people in social sciences as well.

By MARGARITA G M

Feb 25, 2022

I​n general, I would recommend this course. I wish I had taken it many years earlier. Regarding TRIZ, I wish it had been explained to a larger extent, it was not very clear as to how to solve a problem since I am not involve in engineering. Here only 2 principles were mentioned and tho orther 37 not. Part of CPS and Doble Diamond were not very clear either.

By GRECIA C D L

May 31, 2022

Me gustaria mas que todos los archivos de lectura y ejercicios pudieran estar tambien con la opcion de traducirlos a español ya que se me dificulto por que no se el idioma de ingles

By Adedigba O

Oct 30, 2021

nice

By swapnil s

Jun 24, 2021

good

By rutuja g

Aug 13, 2021

By Fathia k

Oct 22, 2021

poorly explained topics and hard quizzes, I wouldn't recommend

By Victória C

Feb 21, 2022

Seems like a great content but it's not what i expected.

By Rupesh B

Mar 28, 2020

Choice in assignments would have been better!

By Juhina A

Apr 10, 2022

good

By Elena C

Jul 20, 2021

I appreciate your hard work you have put together in this course unfortunately I don't think your questions at the first quiz were well defined and I don't agree with the score received. I used commons sense.

I am hoping for some real knowledge at your course and I would advise to review your questions

Thanks