Back to Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology by University of Alberta

Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology is a 12-lesson course teaching a comprehensive overview of non-avian dinosaurs. Topics covered: anatomy, eating, locomotion, growth, environmental and behavioral adaptations, origins and extinction. Lessons are delivered from museums, fossil-preparation labs and dig sites. Estimated workload: 3-5 hrs/week....

JH
Apr 5, 2017

Thank you for this excellent course! I really enjoyed the short videos, the concise notes, and quick quizzes (both at the end of each lesson, as well as the main point quizzes throughout the videos).

PM
Oct 17, 2020

Even as a dinosaur nerd, I still learned a lot. Instructional videos with embedded quizzes were very well constructed. I'm just a bit bummed that I couldn't access the fossil viewer for some reason.

326 - 350 of 883 Reviews for Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology

By Jaya M

Aug 21, 2020

Loved the course! An absolute joy to anyone fascinated with wildlife and dinosaurs. Interactive learning was interesting. Great instructors! Highly recommended.

By Nicole S

Aug 11, 2020

I loved this class! It was short, sweet, informative, and so fun! I loved all of the interactive parts of it! I would recommend this class to anyone interested!

By Shalini S

Nov 6, 2020

I had a great time learning about the dinosaurs and their habitats. I had taken this course because I was interested in learning about these creatures. Thanks!

By Bailey B

Apr 4, 2021

Super informative! Each lesson is well-organized and fun. I love that we learn of the world prior to dinosaurs and follow their evolution to their extinction.

Jul 3, 2020

Was so great taking this course by the greatest paleontologist on the planet. I will not disappoint filling those shoes someday Dr PC. You've taught me well.

By ViC

Nov 17, 2017

We learn so many things, about evolution, extinction and our planet plast. I regret sometimes that Mrs Betsy Kruk doesn't always articulate when she speaks.

By Jan P

Feb 6, 2021

Great comprehensive course about dinosaurs, on perfect level for someone who's casually interested in dinosaurs but wants to learn more scientific details.

By Felicia C

Jul 2, 2020

very interesting course filled with interactive platforms and options, great reading material that just elicits interest towards all aspect of the subject.

By Jordy F C L

Even if you are not related with this topic you can learn something new. All the professors explain in detail and use a variety of examples and resources.

By Jihad R

It was a great course, I wish we could have courses about palynology(Micropaleontology) and any courses related to climate changed based on microorganisms.

By Danielle W

Mar 30, 2021

I had a great time studying this course, I am even kind of sad it is over already. I've learned a lot on dinosaurs and evolution. Thanks for the lectures!

By Kelsey R

May 6, 2019

Really fun and informational course! It was so easy to complete the deadlines and I learned a whole lot about biology, evolution, etc. in general as well!

By hariom t

Jul 14, 2020

The methodology used by the course instructors were great. The fossil viewer tool provided much help as to the understanding of anatomy of the dinosaurs.

By James M

Dec 10, 2016

This was a most informative course. and for me. not an easy one by any means. For an under-graduate, I would say is essential. Well done! And thank you!

By Gulnara Y

Apr 1, 2021

Dr. Betsy Kruk is absolutely amazing - an engaging and extremely knowledgeable lecturer! Thank you very much for this enriching and informative course!

By Алексей О

Feb 16, 2018

They say that one knows best about dinosaurs when one is 4 years old or has a son of this age. Not at all! You should also count this excellent course.

By Gabriella d C P

Aug 3, 2020

Amazing and with a very easy vocabulary that makes learning much easier and enjoyable. Very thankful for this course. I would definitely recommend it.

By Maria M

Oct 16, 2017

The best course that I have done so far at Coursera. Very well structured and explained in a very clear and understandable manner. I love the teacher!

By Jenn L

Nov 1, 2020

This was so wonderful and honestly a total dream come true. It was easy to follow, easy to remember and the professors were fantastic and personable.

By Kurt D B

Aug 4, 2019

I generally really enjoyed this course. there was a lot of information which was new to myself and even more that built on information I already had.

By Daniel I

Feb 23, 2019

Absolutely brilliant course. The girl is great at presenting, the information is amazing and will teach you everything you need to know about dinos.

By Radhika R N

Dec 18, 2017

My daughter aged 9 took this course. I am happy to note that the course content was good and she finished the course without us parents pushing her.

By Jorge P

Jun 21, 2020

I very much enjoyed not just the content but also how it was delivered. I can definitely see myself using what I learned and applying it to my job.

By Christopher A W

Jun 5, 2020

Fascinating. Truly loved this course. It took me only a couple of days as I really focused on it. Downloaded the course and went for it.

Incredible

By Dawson B

Jan 5, 2019

Loved it! I have learned much from this course, despite my local status as a "dinosaur nerd". I am glad I took the course, and really enjoyed it.