Back to Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology by University of Alberta

Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology is a 12-lesson course teaching a comprehensive overview of non-avian dinosaurs. Topics covered: anatomy, eating, locomotion, growth, environmental and behavioral adaptations, origins and extinction. Lessons are delivered from museums, fossil-preparation labs and dig sites. Estimated workload: 3-5 hrs/week....

JH

Apr 06, 2017

Thank you for this excellent course! I really enjoyed the short videos, the concise notes, and quick quizzes (both at the end of each lesson, as well as the main point quizzes throughout the videos).

TW

Dec 16, 2017

The instructors' explanation are very clear and easy to understand. Would definitely recommend this to anyone who is interested in Paleontology or dinosaurs in general. I really had fun learning.

26 - 50 of 338 Reviews for Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology

By Daniel I

Feb 23, 2019

Absolutely brilliant course. The girl is great at presenting, the information is amazing and will teach you everything you need to know about dinos.

By Trista

Feb 13, 2019

I enjoyed this course. My sons are fascinated with dinosaurs. I took this course to help me to answer their questions. The videos and reading assignments were fun and informative. I enjoyed the extra reading assignments and the videos as well. Thank you so much for making this course available online!

By Jeremy B

Feb 24, 2019

This course was really good and I enjoyed it very much. I also learnt some new stuff in this course. I really enjoyed it.

By Alexander K

Feb 16, 2019

Very interesting course and excellent presentation manner, beautifull illustrations. Thanks lot!

By Regina A

Feb 16, 2019

Wonderful course. I enjoyed the time spent and wished it continued. I've taken several other courses in this series and will take another course. Thank you so much!

By Jarrad R

Mar 05, 2019

idk i just like it

By Alejo N

Mar 10, 2019

Excellent curse! It was not a problem for me not to have knowledge about dinosaurs and geology, because everything is explain clearly and concisely by the excellent teachers and researches. Very good videos, examples, supplementary material, images, photographs, landscapes and analogies. I really enjoyed learning about dinosaurs as well as knowing the University of Alberta. You did a very good job!

By Maggie P

Mar 12, 2019

A great way to learn more about dinosaurs without needing a technical background

By Orlando V R

Mar 16, 2019

Thank you so much for this MOOC. I really enjoyed learning in a rigorous approach about dinosaurs 🦕 ¡gracias!

By Lindsay H

Mar 15, 2019

I have learned so much from this online course. The videos and content were excellent and I look forward to taking more classes from the University of Alberta through Coursera.

By Mason C O

Mar 27, 2019

This course was AMAZING!!! Absolutely grateful that I got to take the course!!! :)

By Skylayna B

Mar 22, 2019

genuinely enjoyed each lesson

By Hein H

Mar 23, 2019

The best course for learning about the Dinosaurs.

By Katharine L O

Mar 24, 2019

Enjoyed this course and learned a lot!

By Kathryn S

Mar 25, 2019

Excellent presentation of material in sequence, style, fossil viewer, interactive 'lecture', text, supplementary readings. Superb creation.

By HEMANT J S

Dec 22, 2018

Very helpful course for getting proper knowledge about dinosaur evolution as well as extinction.

By Hales P

Dec 07, 2018

I have learned so much in this course! I started as someone enthusiastic about dinosaurs, but knowing very little about them. Now I know all about their biology, history, and the research that's being done with them.

By John J C

Dec 25, 2018

I had many concepts and ideas I have read in books made much clearer to me by studying this course! Koodos to the instructors and all that were involved in creating it! As an added bonus, taking it helped with my computer operating skills. (Which were basically non-existent beforehand!) I definitely plan on taking more courses!

By Muslimova E

Dec 24, 2018

Very interesting!

By Iris G

Dec 08, 2018

I loved this course! The teachers were engaging, the material was interesting and well explained and I learned a lot. I would definitely recommend this course for anyone who wants to learn more about dinosaurs.

By William F M

Mar 31, 2019

I thought the course provided an excellent introduction to Dinosaurs and subjects related to the study of Paleobiology. Materials were well put-together to dovetail with the instructional videos. Overall an excellent course for those of us interested in this subject and with little background or prior knowledge.

By Duncan S

Mar 29, 2019

I really enjoyed this course, and learned a lot. Thanks

By Melinda M

Mar 30, 2019

I enjoyed this course very much. I do believe that some of the subtitles need to be translated again due to errors.