Back to Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology by University of Alberta

Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology is a 12-lesson course teaching a comprehensive overview of non-avian dinosaurs. Topics covered: anatomy, eating, locomotion, growth, environmental and behavioral adaptations, origins and extinction. Lessons are delivered from museums, fossil-preparation labs and dig sites. Estimated workload: 3-5 hrs/week....

JH

Apr 06, 2017

Thank you for this excellent course! I really enjoyed the short videos, the concise notes, and quick quizzes (both at the end of each lesson, as well as the main point quizzes throughout the videos).

TW

Dec 16, 2017

The instructors' explanation are very clear and easy to understand. Would definitely recommend this to anyone who is interested in Paleontology or dinosaurs in general. I really had fun learning.

51 - 75 of 336 Reviews for Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology

By HEMANT J S

Dec 22, 2018

Very helpful course for getting proper knowledge about dinosaur evolution as well as extinction.

By Hales P

Dec 07, 2018

I have learned so much in this course! I started as someone enthusiastic about dinosaurs, but knowing very little about them. Now I know all about their biology, history, and the research that's being done with them.

By Timothy L

Jan 08, 2019

A really fun course and very educational. I'm only 13 and I have learned a dozen new things only two weeks into this course.

By Muslimova E

Dec 24, 2018

Very interesting!

By Tyler B

Feb 05, 2019

Excellent and informative course, taken by a true dinosaur fan! Learned plenty of new facts about dinosaurs and sharpened my extant knowledge. Great presenters and well-developed MOOC. I may re-audit all of the paleontology courses offered by U. of Alberta for personal pleasure, as they were sincerely enjoyable, entertaining, and communicative! Thanks to Dr. Currie and the whole team!

By Isabella F

Jan 08, 2019

A greaat course for all fans of dinosaurs! I truly enjoy learning something new about dinos every week!

By Iris G

Dec 08, 2018

I loved this course! The teachers were engaging, the material was interesting and well explained and I learned a lot. I would definitely recommend this course for anyone who wants to learn more about dinosaurs.

By matthias s

Feb 05, 2019

Motivated lecturers and a great didactical performance, thank you for this course!

By Trista

Feb 13, 2019

I enjoyed this course. My sons are fascinated with dinosaurs. I took this course to help me to answer their questions. The videos and reading assignments were fun and informative. I enjoyed the extra reading assignments and the videos as well. Thank you so much for making this course available online!

By Alejo N

Mar 10, 2019

Excellent curse! It was not a problem for me not to have knowledge about dinosaurs and geology, because everything is explain clearly and concisely by the excellent teachers and researches. Very good videos, examples, supplementary material, images, photographs, landscapes and analogies. I really enjoyed learning about dinosaurs as well as knowing the University of Alberta. You did a very good job!

By Antonia T B

Sep 10, 2018

A really fascinating course.

I wish there would have been more drawings or skeletons when talking about a dinosaur (sometimes it was hard to follow and the pace was too fast. Also, it's always more interesting seeing pictures or maps than the face of the lecturer all the time). Also, I missed professor Philip John Currie. When he lectured the level went really high. But overall it was an excellent course.

Thanks a lot and many greetings from Spain / Antonia Tejeda Barros

Aug 25, 2018

I enjoyed this course and I thought it was very well presented. Also, there was a lot of interesting material in the course, and put into a good sequence for learning, I thought. The videos and drawings in the course are enjoyable, and make the course much more user-friendly than it would have been otherwise. If I had one change to make it would be that sometimes when there's a mini-quiz during a video, it would be nice for there to be a slightly longer pause with the drawings before the answer submission page pops up. This helps a person actually look at the drawings along with the words, while thinking about what the answer would be. Of course you can just pause the video if needed, and this is what I did after I figured this out. I don't know if everyone would have appreciated a slightly longer pause as I mentioned, or if that was just me. Anyways, thank you for offering this online course! I know way more about dinosaurs, how they evolved and lived than I did before. Oh just one more note about the educational technology - I thought it was cool to look at fossils with the 3-D fossil-viewer that could be manipulated! I somewhat liked what was done with the geologic time scale in the interactive version, but I was also glad that I had already gone to the earlier link to see the geologic time scale listed in a chart format, as this was easier if you were looking for something in particular or just wanted to read through it, even though the interactive version was more pleasant to sit and have presented to you. Again, though, I wouldn't assume everyone is the same as me in this.

By 戚兆禹

Aug 28, 2018

实在是太棒了!

By Brenda H

Aug 28, 2018

I took this class because the Dinosaur is the theme unit for this year's Camp Fire kids. As a leader I wanted to be knowledgeable for the questions that would come from the kids of all ages. This course offered more than answers; I enjoyed learning about dinosaurs and that has inspired me to dig further into their existence. I feel ready to give stories and lessons that will keep my kids focused on the topics I have for them this year.

By Marie-Chantale B

Aug 30, 2018

This course was fantastic! I was only taking it for my own pleasure as I've always been interested in dinosaurs. It was easy to follow, even if you have no science or paleontology background like me. I highly recommend it. Congratulations to all of those you worked on building this class. I wish there was more online classes like yours.

By Florian B

Oct 08, 2018

This cours is really well made, well explained. I recommand 100%

By Andres F

Oct 10, 2018

Excellent course! I liked the last reflexive thought: We, the society, should guide our efforts in protect and conserve species in danger and propose practical solutions to solve the contamination problem and the greenhouse effect, instead of trying to resurrect ancient extinct species.

By Lori C

Oct 30, 2018

It was awesome!

By Marcos G M

Nov 01, 2018

Está genial este curso, sí que es verdad que algunas palabras son muy técnicas y yo algunas no las supe, pero en general se entiende y la traducción está perfecto. Me encanta este curso, está muy bien elaborado y para todo aquél "friki" de los dinosaurios, este curso es idóneo para aprender a conocerlos y estudiarlos. Muchas gracias. Un saludo.

By Adriana P A

Nov 01, 2018

I'm loving and enjoying this course so much. I love dinosaurs and the way they explain topics about them is so interesting

By Rebecca A

Nov 02, 2018

So happy I decided to take this course! I gained such a thorough introduction to dinosaur paleobiology, and I really enjoyed the simple format. This course has inspired me to take more courses on paleontology, which is a childhood aspiration come true :)

By Evan L

Nov 10, 2018

This was a very fun and interesting course. Learning about the dinosaurs themselves, but also where they came from and the evolution from their beginning through to the birds that we know them as today was fascinating. One of the best parts though is learning about the different pieces of a 4.6 billion year puzzle and how they all fit together. It has made the world we live seem more beautiful to me.

By Galina

Sep 01, 2017

Great course with interactive materials, very engaging and simple for understanding

By Volodymyr T

Dec 11, 2017

Hello, My name is Volodymyr and I'm from Ukraine. It was really amazing course and I want to say HUGE THANKS to ALL who've made this!