Back to Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology by University of Alberta

Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology is a 12-lesson course teaching a comprehensive overview of non-avian dinosaurs. Topics covered: anatomy, eating, locomotion, growth, environmental and behavioral adaptations, origins and extinction. Lessons are delivered from museums, fossil-preparation labs and dig sites. Estimated workload: 3-5 hrs/week....

JH

Apr 06, 2017

Thank you for this excellent course! I really enjoyed the short videos, the concise notes, and quick quizzes (both at the end of each lesson, as well as the main point quizzes throughout the videos).

TW

Dec 16, 2017

The instructors' explanation are very clear and easy to understand. Would definitely recommend this to anyone who is interested in Paleontology or dinosaurs in general. I really had fun learning.

151 - 175 of 392 Reviews for Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology

By Алексей О

Feb 16, 2018

They say that one knows best about dinosaurs when one is 4 years old or has a son of this age. Not at all! You should also count this excellent course.

By Maria M

Oct 16, 2017

The best course that I have done so far at Coursera. Very well structured and explained in a very clear and understandable manner. I love the teacher!

By Kurt D B

Aug 04, 2019

I generally really enjoyed this course. there was a lot of information which was new to myself and even more that built on information I already had.

By Daniel I

Feb 23, 2019

Absolutely brilliant course. The girl is great at presenting, the information is amazing and will teach you everything you need to know about dinos.

By Radhika R N

Dec 18, 2017

My daughter aged 9 took this course. I am happy to note that the course content was good and she finished the course without us parents pushing her.

By Dawson B

Jan 05, 2019

Loved it! I have learned much from this course, despite my local status as a "dinosaur nerd". I am glad I took the course, and really enjoyed it.

By Luke H

May 29, 2017

This class has been a blessing to me! It is the class that I have always wanted to take. The videos were well put together and very easy to follow!

By Paul A

Jan 22, 2018

This is an excellent course. By far the best course I've taken on Coursera. The presentation was professional, entertaining, and understandable.

By amelia m

Nov 28, 2017

I really liked this class. It was informative but not overwhelming to someone who doesn't know much about dinosaurs. I'd recommend this class. :)

By Kathryn S

Mar 25, 2019

Excellent presentation of material in sequence, style, fossil viewer, interactive 'lecture', text, supplementary readings. Superb creation.

By Eduardo E D

Feb 27, 2018

I have been learning a lot from this incredible course and each unknown word makes me want to discover even more!

Thank you so very much!

By Andrew W

Feb 16, 2020

A brilliant course which is perfect for dino enthusiasts of all ages! I particularly liked the videos and layout of the PDF workbooks

By Rainsong G

Jan 26, 2018

I loved listening to the lectures. They were very interesting and given with enthusiasm. NOT a dull dry or boring class by any means.

By Lorna

Jul 31, 2017

Excellent, Went to Drumheller after the course so I enjoyed it very much. Thanks for posting these courses for the retired person to t

By Volodymyr T

Dec 11, 2017

Hello, My name is Volodymyr and I'm from Ukraine. It was really amazing course and I want to say HUGE THANKS to ALL who've made this!

By Nadine B

Apr 18, 2017

I am an absolute beginner in the topic and this course is perfect for me. I am learning a lot and the sessions have the right length.

By Nerea W

Jan 19, 2018

the course has been the best course i have ever done! Thank you so much for the effort you amazing people have put into this course!

By Karyn M

Nov 30, 2019

The information was fun and presented clearly for newcomers to understand easily. I look forward to taking more classes like this.

By April L P

Mar 02, 2018

THIS WAS SO FUN AND SO INFORMATIVE! I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT! I HAVE BEEN HAVING A GREAT TIME CASUALLY TALKING ABOUT CARCHAR

By Timothy L

Jan 08, 2019

A really fun course and very educational. I'm only 13 and I have learned a dozen new things only two weeks into this course.

By Афанасьев И А

Jul 04, 2018

I could have said a lot about the course, but still, it brought my childhood back and that was much more than enough for me.

By Yves S

Jul 09, 2017

Great intro on Dinosaurs - very complete and up to date with current knowledge - a must see & follow for every enthousiast!

By Cesín R C B

Feb 17, 2020

Excelent course, congratulatios for such an impresive colection of fossil, thank you very much for sharing your knowledge.

By Rainer Y

Jan 29, 2019

Videos are short and to the point. Subject matter was relevant. Lecturer was very engaging. Easy to follow course content.