Back to Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology by University of Alberta

Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology is a 12-lesson course teaching a comprehensive overview of non-avian dinosaurs. Topics covered: anatomy, eating, locomotion, growth, environmental and behavioral adaptations, origins and extinction. Lessons are delivered from museums, fossil-preparation labs and dig sites. Estimated workload: 3-5 hrs/week....

JH

Apr 06, 2017

Thank you for this excellent course! I really enjoyed the short videos, the concise notes, and quick quizzes (both at the end of each lesson, as well as the main point quizzes throughout the videos).

TW

Dec 16, 2017

The instructors' explanation are very clear and easy to understand. Would definitely recommend this to anyone who is interested in Paleontology or dinosaurs in general. I really had fun learning.

26 - 50 of 338 Reviews for Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology

By Evan L

Nov 10, 2018

This was a very fun and interesting course. Learning about the dinosaurs themselves, but also where they came from and the evolution from their beginning through to the birds that we know them as today was fascinating. One of the best parts though is learning about the different pieces of a 4.6 billion year puzzle and how they all fit together. It has made the world we live seem more beautiful to me.

By Anirban D

Jan 17, 2019

So far this course has really helped me a lot. Everyday I am learning something new and exciting and I really appreciate the effort put through by the instructors to help us get familiar with the aspects of paleontology. Looking forward to the rest of the contents of the course.

By george,tomes,lane,mcleod

Jan 05, 2019

i loved it as i,am ten i got a lot of feedback.

By Dawson B

Jan 05, 2019

Loved it! I have learned much from this course, despite my local status as a "dinosaur nerd". I am glad I took the course, and really enjoyed it.

By Isabella F

Jan 08, 2019

A greaat course for all fans of dinosaurs! I truly enjoy learning something new about dinos every week!

By Timothy L

Jan 08, 2019

A really fun course and very educational. I'm only 13 and I have learned a dozen new things only two weeks into this course.

By Rena J

Feb 06, 2019

Great information presented in an understandable way.

By Trista

Feb 13, 2019

I enjoyed this course. My sons are fascinated with dinosaurs. I took this course to help me to answer their questions. The videos and reading assignments were fun and informative. I enjoyed the extra reading assignments and the videos as well. Thank you so much for making this course available online!

By Alexander K

Feb 16, 2019

Very interesting course and excellent presentation manner, beautifull illustrations. Thanks lot!

By Regina A

Feb 16, 2019

Wonderful course. I enjoyed the time spent and wished it continued. I've taken several other courses in this series and will take another course. Thank you so much!

By Ericks H T

Feb 17, 2019

This course was great! Congratulations and thank you for providing these lessons for free :)

By Sarah B

Feb 21, 2019

This course was extremely informative and beautifully presented. An excellent grounding for the other paleontology courses offered by this passionate team from University of Alberta. I'm looking forward to diving into the more advanced courses from here on out. Thank you so much for all your hard work putting this course together!

By Daniel I

Feb 23, 2019

Absolutely brilliant course. The girl is great at presenting, the information is amazing and will teach you everything you need to know about dinos.

By Jeremy B

Feb 24, 2019

This course was really good and I enjoyed it very much. I also learnt some new stuff in this course. I really enjoyed it.

By Rachel S

Feb 21, 2019

The instructors did an excellent job of explaining complex topics in an approachable, easily digested manner. It was very fun to learn how much our perceptions of dinosaurs have changed since I was a paleo-obsessed kid, and to take an even more in depth look at the science involved in classifying and discovering them. I may retake this course again in the future to try to solidify some of the more advanced concepts and facts in my mind.

By Jarrad R

Mar 05, 2019

idk i just like it

By Alejo N

Mar 10, 2019

Excellent curse! It was not a problem for me not to have knowledge about dinosaurs and geology, because everything is explain clearly and concisely by the excellent teachers and researches. Very good videos, examples, supplementary material, images, photographs, landscapes and analogies. I really enjoyed learning about dinosaurs as well as knowing the University of Alberta. You did a very good job!

By Maggie P

Mar 12, 2019

A great way to learn more about dinosaurs without needing a technical background

By Lindsay H

Mar 15, 2019

I have learned so much from this online course. The videos and content were excellent and I look forward to taking more classes from the University of Alberta through Coursera.

By Orlando V R

Mar 16, 2019

Thank you so much for this MOOC. I really enjoyed learning in a rigorous approach about dinosaurs 🦕 ¡gracias!

By Troy H

Dec 14, 2018

super awesome course thank you

By Angela F

Dec 28, 2018

Loved this! Great overview and information that is fun to share. Will be taking more!

By Erick C F

Dec 29, 2018

Excelente curso, me encantó y pude cumplir una meta personal de mi infancia, Muchas gracias por crearlo.

By Joshua S

Dec 02, 2018

very well talked about, lots to know and take in and it was fun learning all this new imformation