Back to Understanding economic policymaking

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding economic policymaking by IE Business School

This is the first of the three courses part of the Globalization, Economic Growth and Stability Specialization. This course will employ a non-technical approach to analyze how governments use policy to influence a country's economy. Upon completing the course you should be able to discuss national debts and deficits, examine fiscal and monetary policy and their appropriateness to the situation of an economy, and anticipate the results of fiscal and monetary policies and structural reform on a country. These concepts will give you the tools to develop your own position in many current economic debates, such as fiscal stimulus vs. austerity, the merits of quantitative easing, the need for higher interest rates or the future growth path of many modern economies....

PH

Dec 09, 2015

Excellent overview economics course. Dr. Allard does a fantastic job explaining basic economic concepts and principles so that a novice can better understand this one critical aspect of their world.

KK

Dec 27, 2015

Great insights, I now feel like I am macro-economically literate and I will be using this information when interviewing and now possible grilling certain politicians in my town!\n\nThank you Gayle!

1 - 25 of 155 Reviews for Understanding economic policymaking

By Leonardo V

Jul 01, 2019

Outstanding course and great instructor!

By Samba M

Jun 07, 2019

Great course that focuses on real life cases of economic health both past and present

By Raul M

Jun 01, 2019

I have learned a lot with this course

By Vedant A

May 15, 2019

Great Course for Macroeconomics understanding.

By NG C Y

May 06, 2019

This course is very easy to understand. Kudos to everyone!

By Samra R

Apr 22, 2019

It was good enough to let learners improve and polish basic knowledge and how we can use this to understand real wolrd.

By Nathaly B

Mar 26, 2019

Great course. I was truly able to understand economic concepts in a way that I hadn't been able to before.

By Andre D

Feb 15, 2019

Professor Gale Allard is a genius. She made this course so simple and logical that one look forward to learning the content

By Victor L d M

Jan 08, 2019

Very clear, adapted to any beginner's level.

By HeeKyoung C

Nov 05, 2018

Informative!

By Carl-Johann S

Jul 15, 2018

Very clear first introduction to the mainstream economic viewpoint on global policy making.

By Mar G A

Jun 27, 2018

This is an awesome course for people who forgot how the economy works. The approach of the course was refreshing and in depth without taking too much of your time with useless definitions and exercises. I really liked the models and the simulator because it adds another layer of learning for the students to see the concepts at work. This is highly recommendable for everyone who forgot their basic economics class and to have a richer understanding of economic policy making.

By Nadav R

Jun 25, 2018

The teacher is great. The material is easy to understand. I have found myself reading news I wouldn't have cared about in the past. I am glad I took this course.

By Rafael O

Jun 24, 2018

Extraordinary course, highly recommended !Gayle is a great instructor, one of the best I have ever seen. Thank you very much !

By Alejandro A

Apr 15, 2018

Excellent course. Very clear explanations along all the modules. Helps you understand what governments and central banks are doing and why.

By Camilo P

Mar 27, 2018

This is one of the clearest explanations of economic policy I have seen. My only reason not to give it five stars is that I feel the edition I took of the course had been poorly revised. There are several issues that need to be updated and even the exam wording apparently references a previous version of the course. Nevertheless, I highly recommend "Understanding economic policymaking".

By Ola O

Jan 22, 2018

Excellent course, well presented, my only wish is that included some developmental economics for developing countries

By Shwetha G E

Jan 04, 2018

Excellent course. It really helps you in giving a good understanding of the policymaking process.

By Hau M C

Dec 11, 2017

Very useful course, i feel i can read the newspaper and more informed on the economic decision made by country each day. Highly recommended for people who want to learn more about day to day policy making.

By Neeraj P

Dec 04, 2017

Quite alright. Perfect for bare minimum understanding

By Al T

Dec 01, 2017

This was a helpful introductory course to macroeconomics that gave me exactly the level of information I needed for my current job. The instructor worked at an appropriate pace and the comparisons between theory and current reality were very useful. My only "criticism" would be that most of the information on real world economics is up to about 2014 and I think this will soon need to refreshed.

By Shoola D

Oct 29, 2017

Wonderful course and professor. It's very non-technical, but allows to follow the logic of policymaking and comprehend the news and reports better. Enjoying it!

By Joseph M C

Oct 06, 2017

This was an excellent course for me. It has enabled me make sense of economic data, and aroused my interest to go further and study more. Thank you for offering this course. It has been a wonderful experience this far.

By Aman T

Sep 27, 2017

# Allard's Understanding Economic Policy making

Working through this course was a delightful experience!

With little background in economics, I got into this to get a strong grip on key macroeconomic concepts and make sense of economic policies in my country (India). This one course exceeded my expectations!

She has a very clear instruction style and the course material (ebook) also helps in developing a solid foundation of the fundamental topics.

My only suggestion would be to throw in a few more quantitative exercises more frequently as part of the weekly assignments.

With my interests in public policy, I look forward to doing more courses in the area of public / urban / land economics. Coursera guys, hope you keep adding more of such great courses in the mentioned areas.

Thanks