Back to Energy: The Enterprise

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Energy: The Enterprise by University at Buffalo

This course provides a broad view of the evolving nature of energy and the influence of cost, availability, sustainability, technical advancements, lifestyle, and concern over the environment. Learners get a peek into our energy history, recent technical and societal advancements in clean energy, and some of the more important adjustments we have seen and will continue to see. It includes a discussion of how our energy infrastructure adapts to the changing landscape while managing costs, often deploying a new workforce while providing highly reliable grid power necessary for a robust and competitive economy. Material covers current and future workforce opportunities. This course is for individuals considering a career in the energy field (who have a high school diploma, at minimum, and basic knowledge of mathematics), and existing energy sector employees with less than three years of experience who have not completed similar training and would benefit from a course of foundational industry concepts. The course is a combination of online lectures, videos, readings and discussions. This is the fourth course in the Energy Production, Distribution & Safety specialization that explores various facets of the power sector, and features a culminating project involving creation of a roadmap to achieve a self-established, energy-related professional goal. To learn more about the specialization, check out a video overview at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yh9qIYiUDk. Continuing education units (CEUs) and professional development hours (PDHs) are available through the UB Center for Industrial Effectiveness (UB TCIE) for learners who earn a course certificate....

KH

Aug 14, 2020

This one is a really great one. I've got a lot of insights and initiative for my interest and further journey with Renewable sectors. Conversationalists are really a great kick to follow through.

SW

Aug 13, 2020

Well organized course with really good examples of energy industry. It also added conversations with an expert in energy industry. It was really helpful to get a clear idea about the Industry.

1 - 25 of 160 Reviews for Energy: The Enterprise

By Arpan

Apr 01, 2019

The conversations and the idea expression is good. This course is best from the complete Specialisation.

By Kevin R C

Aug 14, 2019

I truly enjoyed this specialization and it has prepared me for my future in the energy industry.

By ARUP S G

In these course I learn where we get energy. We also know that sun is the only source of energy except radioactive materials. We also know about some green house gases. We also gain some idea of solar power and how we get energy from solar power by means of molten salt. These course also gives the idea of smart grid and future of energy. We learn about demand response system and how authorities handles electricity in onpeak and off peak hours. We also learn little bit about nuclear fisson and nuclear fusion reaction and if we are able to occurs nuclear fusion in nuclear reactor we will fulfill our energy demand in future.

By SURIYA V

Jul 12, 2020

A Special thanks to course instructor Martin Casstevens who guided me throughout this course journey by clearly explained all core concepts of Energy used in the enterprise, and the most interesting part is Dennis W. Elsenbeck who is head of energy and sustainability, he shared his 30 years of industrial experience in the energy industry. so in this course, both of them gave me clear insight into energy usage in utility, energy generation, transmission, and distribution system. so finally I once again thank both of them.

By Juan F C F

Oct 13, 2020

the course had an amazing dynamic that follows to me understand the relevance of many aspects of energy systems, like distribution, transmition, and generation. In the last part of the course, I found a lot of interesting topics that are currently really important for the industry like smart grids, storage systems, market dynamics, demand response programs, and policies. I really enjoy this course.

By Mozart B

May 20, 2019

Highly recommended course ENergy Enthusiasts. Helps you view energy in a completely different perspective and the depth to which how energy is relevant and how it will be relevant. The Industrial Expert conversations in the course also gave me a glimpse of the problems from the industry side.

By Raghavendra A

Jun 04, 2020

The best course in this specialization. The instructor is brilliant and doesn't seem like a robot reading off of the transcripts unlike the other 3 course instructors do. There are various talks with an industry expert which add to the knowledge gained.

By Giasuddin M T

Jun 01, 2020

It was a very interesting course specially for me the last one: Energy, The enterprise. For a Power Sector Professional, this course is ideal to quickly catch up with the basics and to get a hold of what will be the face of the industry in future

By Andrea M G S

Aug 03, 2020

The course provides a lot of significant information about the energy field. This will lead to be aware of the possibilities that you have for developing a related career. The information is presented by experts, so valuable.

By Poojan G

Jul 28, 2020

Mr Marton Casstevens was by far my favorite of the 4 instructors of this specialization course. The inclusion of Mr. Dennis Elsenbeck was insightful in gaining industry knowledge in the green energy sector.

By Kaung H

Aug 14, 2020

By Sineth E W

Aug 13, 2020

By TOBY T

Oct 03, 2020

Great course , genuinely insightful and pleasantly fresh syllabus and content .Really enjoyed the laid back style of Martin Casstevens . Overall a very satisfying course. Many thanks.

By Samuel M D

Sep 18, 2019

Among the four lectures in this series, this course provides possible areas for innovation and research. Take this if you want to gain insights into possible demands in the future.

By Alfredo L A d l C

Jun 21, 2020

Energy always be a wonderful topic. Every video, discussions and related links will help you to get involved and improve your knowledge within this amazing industry.

By Sunita M

The course was interesting. I never thought wood contained nuclear energy or energy is in everything we do.

Thanks for clearing lots of doubts.

By PANCHOTIYA D K

Jul 02, 2020

THANK YOU SIR, MY WAY TO EASY FOR LEARNING ABOUT TO ENERGY, WHICH RELATES WITH CHEMICAL ENGINEERING. I LEARNED LOT OF THROUGH THIS COURCE

By Suresh P

Aug 17, 2020

I am complete my course but I am not found my certificate my email id is sureshpatel07072001@gmail.com

So please give me my certificate

By FAHAD M

Jun 09, 2020

Great Learning Opportunity, the course has well described the basics of the impact of energy in common life and utility industry.

By Hans E C S

Sep 08, 2020

Great course! It gives me lot of insight about our future energy and what role should i take to make impact in society.

By Sangeetha R

Apr 24, 2020

Thanks to Coursera !!!!

This course was really helpful. From the fundamentals every thing was explained very clearly.

By Saurabh B K

Jun 10, 2020

The knowledge that i was acquired from this is very useful to switch towards the renewable energy sources.

By Mayara T

Oct 15, 2020

I really liked the course, it made me think about some aspects of energy production for the first time.

By Ritul G

Jun 08, 2020

The course was very helpful to enhance my knowledge in energy field and I learn a lot from that course.

By Chivukula P K

This course gives a clear overview on the importance of energy in present day. i lke this course.