Back to English Composition I

Learner Reviews & Feedback for English Composition I by Duke University

You will gain a foundation for college-level writing valuable for nearly any field. Students will learn how to read carefully, write effective arguments, understand the writing process, engage with others' ideas, cite accurately, and craft powerful prose. Course Learning Objectives • Summarize, analyze, question, and evaluate written and visual texts • Argue and support a position • Recognize audience and disciplinary expectations • Identify and use the stages of the writing process • Identify characteristics of effective prose • Apply proper citation practices • Discuss applying your writing knowledge to other writing occasions...

KN
Jun 15, 2021

I am so lucky to get enrolled in this course. It introduced me to the nuanced ways of Academic research writing and Publishing the Papers. Thank you so much to the Instructor and course coordinators.

MR
Mar 6, 2021

This course was a blast to learn through, I've learned so much about using methods of how to write effectively which fundamentally changed the ways of how I should approach writing my own story.

51 - 75 of 227 Reviews for English Composition I

By Rachel B V

Apr 26, 2021

I gain new skills, specifically in regards to citations and concise summarizing. It was also great to learn more about evaluating images in writings. I am a home scholar and this was a fantastic learning experience.

By Funmi A

Oct 15, 2020

This course with Professor Comer is a remarkable one. I learnt so much from you thanks so much for sharing your knowledge with me and for building up a confidence in me that i can be a good writer regardless.

By EGLEE W

Feb 12, 2021

I have learned a lot about writing, type of public and specialty. I am happy with the course . Congratulations to the Teacher and colleagues of Dukes University for an excellent English Writing Course .

By Lucy I D L R T

Mar 30, 2017

This course gives fabulous tools to encourage the writer. From first using your own life as a reference, and that helps to recognize that you have material to write, since each of us, is a book to know.

By K. M N

Jun 16, 2021

By Carlos A O P

Feb 7, 2018

A great opportunity to engage with writing and learning how approach the writing process in a more easy and way. In my case, I rapidly start enjoying writing after the first week of the course.

By nuba d

Feb 15, 2021

Thank you so much, Dr. Denise. I enjoy all the sections on this course. the only problems I faced the connection with my co-student to participate in my report discussion

By Flávio S R G

Jul 22, 2020

The course was a valuable learning experience for me. I had contact with new writing techniques and the conduct of Professor Denise K. Comer was brilliant!

By Sadaqat A

Jul 7, 2020

Therefore, I'm interested in English Composition I. I have golden chance to get knowledge from International platform, as well quality education providing.

By Khuram S

Aug 12, 2020

With a background in Mathematics, writing was my weak area. But "English Composition -I" has enabled me to write professionally in my research writings.

By Andy L

Jan 26, 2021

A superb course led by a fantastic teacher. A little long in the number of weeks it ran but all-in-all I'm very happy with the quality of information.

By Shalesh K

Jul 24, 2020

Great course for students pursuing career in writing. I recommend this course for everyone since writing is an integral part no matter what you do.

By katherine H

Sep 28, 2020

I learned so much.I never thought I could be a writer. Now I have the tools and skills to be a better reader and a better writer. I am on my way.

By Vasudha P

Mar 20, 2020

This course is very valuable in understanding the nuances of writing. The peer-graded assignments are a wonderful way of improving oneself.

By Isabella Q

Nov 12, 2017

It was an amazing experience to improve my wrinting skills in English. I feel grateful to learn as much as I did in this course. Thanks!

By Siobhan B

Mar 27, 2018

This is a great course for people who want to truly improve their writing skills.. Dr. Comer is smart, practical, and very plugged in!

By Shunyo M

Aug 30, 2019

The Proffessor is self aware in a manor that promotes me to allow myself to look at my timeline and look back at my path. Great Class.

By Raena S

Jan 28, 2017

One of the best course for learners who want coaching as well as practical work in academic writing. Very interesting and engaging!!

By Isis G B C

Apr 9, 2020

I liked the English Composition I Course, I learned many tools to improve the writing. Activities were essentials to learn.

By João C R M

Oct 5, 2020

Curso excelente, indico para todos que queiram aprender com mais profundidade as técnicas da escrita da língua inglesa.

By Abdoulaye O

Dec 27, 2016

very interesting course. The fundamental of english language. It was a pleasure for me to follow that class.

Thank you!

By Hana H

Dec 15, 2017

If I could give a review 10 stars out of 5, I would! This course was amazing, and I definitely would recommend it

By 胡启涛

Oct 29, 2016

Thanks for providing this excellent course. I really want to improve my skills to write and think academicly.

By MPEARSALL

Feb 2, 2017

Dr. Comer is an excellent presenter. She makes you feel welcome and positive about each module. Thank you.

By Seema T

Aug 17, 2019

I really liked it, I never wrote an analysis, or an op-ed before this course. So it helped me a lot.