Back to English Composition I

Learner Reviews & Feedback for English Composition I by Duke University

You will gain a foundation for college-level writing valuable for nearly any field. Students will learn how to read carefully, write effective arguments, understand the writing process, engage with others' ideas, cite accurately, and craft powerful prose. Course Learning Objectives • Summarize, analyze, question, and evaluate written and visual texts • Argue and support a position • Recognize audience and disciplinary expectations • Identify and use the stages of the writing process • Identify characteristics of effective prose • Apply proper citation practices • Discuss applying your writing knowledge to other writing occasions...

JR
Mar 7, 2017

Very helpful for writers and future career writers. Plus the professor is extremely down to earth. Was not expecting that and I forgive her for being a Duke fan. Go Tar Heels!!!! jk jk

DP
Aug 13, 2020

It was an invigorating experience, as I learned and will continue to learn how to express my ideas better, for different purposes, as well as to address them to different readers.

51 - 75 of 205 Reviews for English Composition I

By Carlos A O P

Feb 7, 2018

A great opportunity to engage with writing and learning how approach the writing process in a more easy and way. In my case, I rapidly start enjoying writing after the first week of the course.

By Denisse T P

Aug 14, 2020

By nuba d

Feb 15, 2021

Thank you so much, Dr. Denise. I enjoy all the sections on this course. the only problems I faced the connection with my co-student to participate in my report discussion

By Flávio S R G

Jul 22, 2020

The course was a valuable learning experience for me. I had contact with new writing techniques and the conduct of Professor Denise K. Comer was brilliant!

By Sadaqat A

Jul 7, 2020

Therefore, I'm interested in English Composition I. I have golden chance to get knowledge from International platform, as well quality education providing.

By Khuram S

Aug 12, 2020

With a background in Mathematics, writing was my weak area. But "English Composition -I" has enabled me to write professionally in my research writings.

By Andy L

Jan 26, 2021

A superb course led by a fantastic teacher. A little long in the number of weeks it ran but all-in-all I'm very happy with the quality of information.

By Shalesh K

Jul 24, 2020

Great course for students pursuing career in writing. I recommend this course for everyone since writing is an integral part no matter what you do.

By katherine H

Sep 28, 2020

I learned so much.I never thought I could be a writer. Now I have the tools and skills to be a better reader and a better writer. I am on my way.

By Vasudha P

Mar 20, 2020

This course is very valuable in understanding the nuances of writing. The peer-graded assignments are a wonderful way of improving oneself.

By Isabella Q

Nov 12, 2017

It was an amazing experience to improve my wrinting skills in English. I feel grateful to learn as much as I did in this course. Thanks!

By Siobhan B

Mar 27, 2018

This is a great course for people who want to truly improve their writing skills.. Dr. Comer is smart, practical, and very plugged in!

By Shunyo M

Aug 30, 2019

The Proffessor is self aware in a manor that promotes me to allow myself to look at my timeline and look back at my path. Great Class.

By Raena S

Jan 28, 2017

One of the best course for learners who want coaching as well as practical work in academic writing. Very interesting and engaging!!

By Isis G B C

Apr 9, 2020

I liked the English Composition I Course, I learned many tools to improve the writing. Activities were essentials to learn.

By João C R M

Oct 5, 2020

Curso excelente, indico para todos que queiram aprender com mais profundidade as técnicas da escrita da língua inglesa.

By Abdoulaye O

Dec 27, 2016

very interesting course. The fundamental of english language. It was a pleasure for me to follow that class.

Thank you!

By Hana H

Dec 15, 2017

If I could give a review 10 stars out of 5, I would! This course was amazing, and I definitely would recommend it

By 胡启涛

Oct 29, 2016

Thanks for providing this excellent course. I really want to improve my skills to write and think academicly.

By MPEARSALL

Feb 2, 2017

Dr. Comer is an excellent presenter. She makes you feel welcome and positive about each module. Thank you.

By Seema T

Aug 17, 2019

I really liked it, I never wrote an analysis, or an op-ed before this course. So it helped me a lot.

By Mashrur A

Feb 22, 2020

It is an excellent course for beginners, who want to polish their English writing skills.

By Ghulam M N

Dec 23, 2020

Enhance your knowledge with modern skills of writing. Amazing course for beginners.

By Alondra W

Jun 2, 2020

Great course!, I really loved it because I could improve my writing skill, thanks.

By Vaishaly J

May 21, 2019

Good course with peer reviewed assessment, one can gain more from online learning.