Back to English Composition I

Learner Reviews & Feedback for English Composition I by Duke University

You will gain a foundation for college-level writing valuable for nearly any field. Students will learn how to read carefully, write effective arguments, understand the writing process, engage with others' ideas, cite accurately, and craft powerful prose. Course Learning Objectives • Summarize, analyze, question, and evaluate written and visual texts • Argue and support a position • Recognize audience and disciplinary expectations • Identify and use the stages of the writing process • Identify characteristics of effective prose • Apply proper citation practices • Discuss applying your writing knowledge to other writing occasions...

JR
Mar 7, 2017

Very helpful for writers and future career writers. Plus the professor is extremely down to earth. Was not expecting that and I forgive her for being a Duke fan. Go Tar Heels!!!! jk jk

DP
Aug 13, 2020

It was an invigorating experience, as I learned and will continue to learn how to express my ideas better, for different purposes, as well as to address them to different readers.

176 - 199 of 199 Reviews for English Composition I

By Samantha M

Dec 5, 2020

This course was easy to follow and the assignments were paced nicely.

By francisca l

Sep 11, 2020

great course! However, week 10 video classes should be optional.

By Zamira S H

Oct 19, 2020

I have learned a lot in this course. Thanks to all professors.

By ANDREEA S

May 6, 2017

IT IS VERY INTERESTING AND THAT IS ALL I WANNA SAY RIGHT NOW

By Athit C

Dec 28, 2016

the lecturer's voice is too low

By Alex S

Sep 30, 2019

Genial

By Mehmet U

Dec 12, 2020

Good

By TJ B

Jun 26, 2016

Cool

Apr 3, 2019

The structure is unclear and so new students do not know how to write essays, how to interact with peers, etc. How the course proceeds and how students are to interact should be made clear at the start. Also: how long is a 300-word essay? I have no way of measuring, and when I completed my first essay it was simply cut off at the end! Why no chance to edit??

By Constance N

Aug 15, 2020

I feel that the lecturer could offer more specific techniques of writing instead of the overly free-flow style.

By Aastha M

Jul 11, 2016

the scholarly writing becomes easier after taking this course. it is definitely an interesting course.

By Sabrina L

Sep 5, 2018

This is so confusing to use, but it got a little better as you went.

By Tipston A R

Sep 1, 2016

Its a good course but not very exceptional.

By Лаврикова А К

Jun 20, 2017

Quite a new experience for me!

By amine 1

Nov 29, 2017

is good cours

By Julián C

Jan 29, 2019

Habla muy rápido. Necesito aprender y con esa velocidad es imposible seguir al docente.

By Andrea F

Dec 13, 2017

La verdad no me llama mucho la atencion

By Christina R B

Nov 4, 2020

I keep trying to unenroll and it will not allow it.

The "peers" in this course are not submitting assignments and their peer reviews exist of three types:

three dots ...

the word "ok"

the word "good"

This course is a total waste of my time. I really fail to understand how it is so badly managed with so much spam and plagiarism and "students" that are not actually doing the assignments at all.

By Berenice R B

Sep 7, 2020

no me agrado mucho ya que muchos que califican quieren que escribas un libro y no les agrada tu trabajo en la forma que cada uno lo trabaja

By SHERRILYN M P

Mar 22, 2020

Course is not what I envisioned. I have requested a refund via iTunes. I tried to “unenroll,” but it seems to be unavailable to me.

Oct 18, 2020

Feedback from peers is unbecoming. I am honestly discouraged.

By Krishna K S

Nov 6, 2020

Very bad ....no means of so much reading....

By GUSTAVO S