Back to Excel Skills for Business: Advanced

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Excel Skills for Business: Advanced by Macquarie University

Spreadsheet software remains one of the most ubiquitous pieces of software used in workplaces around the world. Learning to confidently operate this software means adding a highly valuable asset to your employability portfolio. Across the globe, millions of job advertisements requiring Excel skills are posted every day. At a time when digital skills jobs are growing much faster than non-digital jobs, completing this course will position you ahead of others, so keep reading. In this last course of our Specialization Excel Skills for Business you will build on the strong foundations of the first three courses: Essentials, Intermediate I + II. In the Advanced course, we will prepare you to become a power user of Excel - this is your last step before specializing at a professional level. The topics we have prepared will challenge you as you learn how to use advanced formula techniques and sophisticated lookups. You will clean and prepare data for analysis, and learn how to work with dates and financial functions. An in-depth look at spreadsheet design and documentation will prepare you for our big finale, where you will learn how to build professional dashboards in Excel....

D
Apr 15, 2021

I enjoyed this course so much. I learned a lot about how I can become a better learner. This course was very interesting and useful. I have some tools that I can use to optimize my learning potential.

JR
Sep 22, 2020

I have thoroughly enjoyed this course, as well as all the courses in the Specialization. The instructors do an excellent job of breaking down each subject in an easy to understand logical progression.

1101 - 1125 of 1,181 Reviews for Excel Skills for Business: Advanced

Jul 2, 2020

greate

By ASIF S

Aug 10, 2020

GOOD

By Shubham m

Jun 15, 2020

good

By Phyllis C

Jun 27, 2021

T​his 4th course was a challenge for me. If it wasn't for the discussion forums and other reference sites that I perused, I would not have been able to pass. I suggest that the course organizers eliminate the last week of this course, because now with Power BI, users do not need to know how to construct dashboards manually any longer. Instead, I think better and more thorough explanations of offset, indirect applications study would be helpful. There simply was not enough rote use of these functions to allow a learner to feel that these functions might be applicable to meet his or her's needs. I think there could have been simpler applications used and then working up to a bit more complexity. Thankfully, I am glad that this is over. I have learned a lot and I am sure with having the ability to download sessions and homework, I will revisit and review some of the newer-to-me Excel functions should I need to use them in the future.

By GD R

Jul 20, 2020

I have very mixed feelings about this course. On one hand you cover a lot of territory. Some of the weekly tests are very well designed to teach you as much as test you. This was quite refreshing as the course limitations simply don't give you enough practice examples to answer the questions unaided. Unlike some of the earlier modules in this 4 part series, Mac users are left high and dry. One of the final assessments was impossible to complete without going to the discussion forums to find out why a certain CHAR function wouldn't work as taught. (There's a different code for Macs.) I wish they would give more hints for the complex functions. It seemed like all or nothing too often. Having said that, it's a good course to have taken.

By Jamie W

Jul 14, 2020

The course was great. Loads of really useful skills learnt and definitely things that I will be able to apply day to day. What I didn't like was that in the assessments there were questions that had subjective answers. I scored 85% in the final assessment, and looking back I was marked down for not doing things in the expected way (but still using skills I learned on the course). I've checked my answers with others in the group and double-checked all my answers and there are no mistakes. It's really annoying to get marked down for little things like this, and it would be so easy to include questions that are 100% objective. Still, I'd recommend the course for people wanting to expand their Excel skill sets.

By Kostas C

Aug 9, 2020

While it, indeed, included some advanced functions useful for excel, it had also a large part of some more secondary functionalities or did a drill down in reference/fincancial functions which are not used widely in everyday life of a business-excel user. I would suggest this course focused more in the already learned features/functionalities of the 3 previous courses and how they could be combined for more complex and practical calculations. I believe this would be more useful for being an advanced user.

By Cinchana H

Oct 16, 2019

This course was as advanced and complicated as I expected it to be. However the last 3 weeks made it much more difficult and that was mostly due to the fact that these weeks did not have any practice workbooks. It would have been really helpful if we could have practiced (personally, for me) complicated formulas like OFFSET and INDIRECT outside of what we learnt from the videos. Otherwise, the course was fun and informative and so was the entire Specialization. Thank you :)

By kamalakannan

Sep 9, 2020

This course is little bit tough and also a challenging .Practice quiz and assessment is not enough for week 6. Dashboards are important concepts in excel,so they should give more importance to them. We have learned Data validation in previous course,I don't know why they included it again. Week 2 and week 3 are good.Week 4 and week 5 deals with finance and advanced functions in Excel.Overall this course is tough compared to other courses in this specialization.

By Christopher P

May 23, 2020

Do yourself a favour and find a better tutorial for advanced level excel. Or don't and find out why this course is so frustrating. Well produced and the information is useful so I will give credit for that. However, the weekly assessments don't accurately reflect the videos and the monitors/staff are useless in the forums. It's becoming outdated and there are a lot of problems for Mac users. There are heaps of online tutorials available, so skip this one.

By Mohamad F B R

Sep 12, 2020

The first 3 courses in this specialization are comprehensive and great. However, for this Advanced course, it feels as though the instructors are just rushing through the whole course. There are so many gaps in the content covered, as compared to the first three courses. The usual practice challenge are missing. The final assessments have functions which are not taught in the videos. Fairly disappointed in the progression of this specialization.

By Md. R K

Oct 8, 2020

I expected much more from this course than what this has offered to the learners. The videos and lessons were very short and shallow compared to the depth of the questions asked in the final assessments. There were no practice challenges and practice quizzes in many weeks and videos. The team should work on this matter so that learners are provided with the best learning platform.