Back to Excel Skills for Business: Essentials

In this first course of the specialization Excel Skills for Business, you will learn the essentials of Microsoft Excel. Within six weeks, you will be able to expertly navigate the Excel user interface, perform basic calculations with formulas and functions, professionally format spreadsheets, and create visualizations of data through charts and graphs. Whether you are self-taught and want to fill in the gaps for better efficiency and productivity, or whether you have never used Excel before, this course will set you up with a solid foundation to become a confident user and develop more advanced skills in later courses. We have brought together a great teaching team that will be with you every step of the way. A broad range of practice quizzes and challenges will provide great opportunities to build up your skillset. Work through each new challenge with our team and in no time you will surprise yourself with how far you have come. Spreadsheet software is one of the most ubiquitous pieces of software used in workplaces across the world. Learning to confidently operate this software means adding a highly valuable asset to your employability portfolio. At a time when digital skills jobs are growing much faster than non-digital jobs, make sure to position yourself ahead of the rest by adding Excel skills to your employment portfolio....

VJ
Nov 10, 2020

With this course you learn how to use Excel in your daily life. I recommend it to everyone that starts using excel and the ones that want to become better in understanding how it works and be quicker.

PD
Jun 10, 2020

Practice make permanent is the true line .this line I'm also keep in mind sir.It's very very helpful and the video presentation is really awesome.simple language and more information.thanks for these.

51 - 75 of 8,311 Reviews for Excel Skills for Business: Essentials

By HUSSAIN H

Jul 31, 2020

i had learned soo many useful functions which are helpful in business operations. Thank you all the tutors and coursera

By Md. J A

May 22, 2020

This course is really awesome for the beginner to improve his/her Excel skill

By Nishant K S

Jun 27, 2019

I loved this course. It was easy and fun. It covered the basics of Excel.

By Pavel G

Nov 6, 2019

Хороший курс. Может быть местами чуть занудный, но пятерка - честная.

By Mouneshwari R

Jun 28, 2019

It's really a good learning experience with hand on practice section

By Parth P

Jun 28, 2019

The course was excellent and taught a lot of basic excel tools.

By Venkatesh R

Jun 24, 2019

Nice bite size lessons help in learning quickly.

By Brynlee T

Jun 24, 2019

Learned a few tricks I never knew before.

By Nasim-Uz-Zaman

By Vinod N

Good Course

By Andrés T R

Aug 16, 2019

It's a very good course if you are looking for some introductory content to start using Excel and know how to do lots of different things which are really helpful in almost every aspect of your life. For me it was easy because I had previous knowledge about this software, nevertheless I learnt a few new things such as the "absolute cell referencing", or taking data from another sheet of the workbook. Now, thanks to this course, I have improved at Excel and I feel confident to use it at my work on a daily basis.

By Nelson R

Jun 22, 2019

Definitely would recommend to my younger self to take this course early on in my career. Vey basic and excellently structured. Both Nicky and Prashan did a great job! Thank you.

By Michael H

This class was very challenging. I learned a lot but had some issues with the wording of some test questions. I am looking forward to the next course.

By Evert O

Jun 25, 2019

Excellent course to be more productive (i.e. faster) in Excel.

By Rahul M

Apr 29, 2018

It is very easy course to do , If you have prior knowledge of Excel you can do it in 1 day as I did.

By Sanket P

Jan 20, 2019

but the questions in the last assesement are varying with the datasheet provided

By PRAISE T

Apr 28, 2020

Excel you can learn through practice

You cant just study excel by doing some excise in the worksheet provided by the tutor

When you really stuck for excel in office please search that doubt in google and find out

dont waste time by doing this kind of course in excel

the course is too long and boring

please dont opt for this course if you wants to save your time...............

Course content really good...........

By Jillian V

Sep 13, 2020

In 7 minutes the teacher covers about 5 key elements. There is no pause for you to try. I'm aware you can hit pause at any time. This course feels very centered around vocabulary rather than the topic being hands-on. To top it off the teacher talks so fast. Try a different class or Youtube.

By Yaseen A

Sep 4, 2020

very long for basics

By Zokir R

Sep 3, 2020

Coursera is the best way to learn online. I like how I can access courses that are held in real universities around the world. The course material was easy to follow along with the instructor. I am very grateful to Nicky Bull, Dr Prashan, A / Professor Yvonne Breyer instructors from Macquarie University.

I am 55 years old and my profession is a school teacher. It is easy for me to solve other complex examples from mathematics integral, trigonometric equations, and the like. There were no computers in schools at that time. We didn't know about Excel, Word, Programming languages, Pascal, Basic and so on. When I was in university, I was interested in programming mathematical examples in the Fortran programming language. As a talented student, I was invited to study at Moscow and St. Petersburg universities. Because of my family circumstances, I turned down an offer to study at such prestigious universities. Now there are great opportunities for young people. Talented students at our school want to study at Coursera. But some found it difficult to master. To understand the reason, I also started studying and got a certificate. It was a little difficult at first. Because I have a good understanding of mathematics, I made sure to translate the questions in English into Uzbek with a 100% guarantee. They understand English well, but do not understand sentences involving scientific terms. That is, even an expert who can speak English well will misinterpret sentences involving a scientific term. So I understood them. I can create complex algorithms in older programming languages. Now I think I should be able to easily learn modern Python programming language in the courseera and then I will take the next Excel course. It’s a lot of fun for me to compete with young people.

I just wanted to thank again all the people who have been working so hard to deliver great courses on Coursera.

By Kathleen S

Sep 20, 2020

This course was GREAT, I am so pleased in the information and the manner in which it was taught. I actually completed it and understood what I learned but was so upset with myself being the one question I missed was because when I selected my formatting for currency I inadvertently selected the one with a comma in it and it was very clearly stated what the format should be. I had the answer correct but that one dumb mistake. What I took away from that mistake however is the importance of ensuring that what you do in Excel carries over and if you are not careful your information can be altered with one slip of the finger. Do I regret my error of course I am a perfectionist, however I took away a lesson with it so it was a valuable mistake. The instructors were very knowledgably and I feel what I needed to obtain from this class was received. I thank you for the opportunity and look forward to taking additional courses on line when I am employed. I would highly refer this process of learning to my friends, family and co-workers.

By Mr H P

This is a very well organized, excellently presented, top quality course. I highly recommend it. I already know some Excel and regularly use Power Query to query Oracle and SQL Server databases and generate pivot tables. Yet I learned many new things from auditing just week 1 of the course. I love the pace. There is a short video and then a graded quiz, then more videos and more quizzes. The quizzes sometimes covered material that was not in the videos. I suppose this is intentional to make the students learn to find things out themselves. I downloaded the exercises as Excel workbooks. The exercises are very well thought out. I thought the instructors would have Australian accent and I would have problem understanding them. I was wrong. They spoke perfect American English with no accent. Coursera would not grade the quiz at the end of the week unless I pay to upgrade, but this does not bother me because I can check my own work. I look forward to finishing the course and taking the other courses in the series.

By Chris B

May 7, 2020

I would class myself as quite a competent Excel user, but (as most probably like most!), all self taught with little or no 'formal' qualifications. So I wanted to follow a specialization route to gain these 'approved competencies). Having followed other online training before, I can honestly say that the presentation both in terms of delivery and content is as good as I've ever seen. Really well constructed, with a plan and focus to take you from week 1 to week 6. Great structure that builds upon the previous weeks knowledge and also contains detailed examples with enough data content that allows you to 'play' around and practice. It delivers on it's essentials tagline, as the topics are relevant and focused to provide a great base to 'overcome' any fears of using Excel, so that you can build upon good knowledge in the workplace.

From start to finish one of the best online courses that i've ever seen and participated in.