Back to Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate I

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate I by Macquarie University

Spreadsheet software remains one of the most ubiquitous pieces of software used in workplaces across the world. Learning to confidently operate this software means adding a highly valuable asset to your employability portfolio. In the United States alone, millions of job advertisements requiring Excel skills are posted every day. Research by Burning Glass Technologies and Capital One shows that digitals skills lead to higher income and better employment opportunities at a time when digital skills job are growing much faster than non-digital jobs. In this second course of our Excel specialization Excel Skills for Business you will build on the strong foundations of the Essentials course. Intermediate Skills I will expand your Excel knowledge to new horizons. You are going to discover a whole range of skills and techniques that will become a standard component of your everyday use of Excel. In this course, you will build a solid layer of more advanced skills so you can manage large datasets and create meaningful reports. These key techniques and tools will allow you to add a sophisticated layer of automation and efficiency to your everyday tasks in Excel. Once again, we have brought together a great teaching team that will be with you every step of the way. Prashan and Nicky will guide you through each week (and I am even going to make a guest appearance in Week 5 to help you learn about my favourite tool in Excel - shh, no spoilers!). Work through each new challenge step-by-step and in no time you will surprise yourself by how far you have come. This time around, we are going to follow Uma's trials and tribulations as she is trying to find her feet in a new position in the fictitious company PushPin. For those of you who have done the Essentials course, you will already be familiar with the company. Working through her challenges which are all too common ones that we encounter everyday, will help you to more easily relate to the skills and techniques learned in each week and apply them to familiar and new contexts....

OD
Jul 28, 2020

The length of the video lectures are just right and the numbers of exercises or quizzes are just right. Learned a lot of new things about Excel's functionality. A huge step from the Essentials course.

RZ
Jun 5, 2020

Wow, I have no word to say about this course. Its video content, Structure is awesome. The tutor is good. Week assignments and quizzes are always ready to make our practice and make concept permanent.

151 - 175 of 2,455 Reviews for Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate I

By Neeraj K J

Jan 21, 2018

Excellent course, after learning increase efficiency, productivity to work on Excel and especially learn 3-D formula, Making Table, Name Ranges etc. In the last, teaching method of instructors is AWESOME!!!, no problem to understand the content and logic.

Regards, Neeraj Jain

By T T T

Aug 17, 2020

This is everything you need to apply in your workplace and in personal life. This course not only teaches new techniques or formulas but also the most convenient way to use them. The course is well sorted and makes you caught up in the course unbeknownst to the learner.

By KANTAYA J

Apr 30, 2020

Big thank you to Parshan, Nikki and all the specialization team members! This specialization is the best of all courses I've enrolled. I love how they motivate learners to practice, their voice, how they teach, everything in this course just perfect and very professional!

By Aleksandra R

Mar 10, 2020

Excellently organized course. The Instructors have made a great effort in preparing the course, selecting the materials for learning and practice and have done a great job in assessing the difficulty level. It is a fitting continuation to the Essentials Course! Thank you!

By Md R U

Nov 10, 2018

I've taken all of their Excel Courses and I must say they have done an excellent job. From the topics they covered to their style of presenting the material everything is good. Most of all, one can feel how much care and love was behind each module. I Highly recommend it.

By Carl D

Apr 23, 2020

Found this course difficult but great tuition throughout and has helped immensely. Have absolutely loved doing this course and now i am in a position to greatly improve the quality of sales analysis reports i can produce for my Sales Executives and the Board of Directors

By Vartika J

Sep 5, 2020

I love the practice videos, the weekly assessments and challenges. I love everything about the way this course is being taught. Please introduce more courses in advance analytics in more sophisticated tools which can help students like me in early years of their career.

By vishakha p

Jul 15, 2020

The course is designed well and the instructors are the best. The practice problems, the assessment helps to review the material especially the final exam helps to practice and trains the mind to remember material from all weeks. I must say the NInja Techniques are fab.

By Shafaq K

Jun 12, 2020

This course has been very helpful to me. Although, I knew the basics of Excel but still was not proficient in applying formulas, pivot tables, charts, and many more features which this course taught me. I am looking forward to enrolling in other similar courses as well.

By Seng H C

Apr 19, 2020

Great lessons, mini quizzes, practices and tests ensure you know the topics covered. Although I have been using excel last 25 years, there are still functions and shortcuts I was not aware of, so the course was very beneficial, and will continue with Intermediate II.

By Kellimar N

Aug 14, 2020

This is the course where you realize that you actually did not know how to really use Excel. Excel is more than a basic calculator. I can't wait to re-evaluate all my spreadsheets! I am so happy I took this course! Pursuing this Specialization is absolutely worth it!

By Akingbemisilu T H

Mar 29, 2020

I learned a great deal from this course. I was really impressed with the delivery of the course and how it really enhanced my knowledge further in doing things effectively and efficiently than I have always done it. Thank you Macquarie University, thank you Coursera!

By Anshika T

Apr 24, 2020

I am learning so much with these courses. The course is organised so well. I love the practice exercises. a great plus is the excel templates to practice. I am seeing to excel in a completely new light now.

I am really hoping that the specialization has a capstone !

By Svetlana Z

Jul 27, 2018

Very well organized course with plenty of new things to learn about Excel tools. Honestly, cannot wait to see what the instructors have prepared for the Intermediate II. I thought my knowledge of Excel was already Intermediate, but now I see how shallow it had been.

By Jaqueline G d A

Nov 11, 2020

I took the first course of the Specialization with no expectations, but it turned out to be one of the best Excel courses I've taken so far. The second course was even better, and I can't wait for the rest of the Specialization! Thank you for such great content! :)

By Mike F

Sep 30, 2020

I've taken several Excel courses and this has been one of the most organized. I appreciated that they included several practice exercises that included real world situations to assist in lesson retention. Well done and a course that I would be happy to recommend.

By HIỀN T L T

Sep 20, 2019

I really learnt a lot of useful techniques from this job and actually created a beautiful Pivot Report for my job interview. Thank you a lot for offering this course and I really appreciate that. It will be more useful if you keep practicing more and more on Excel.

By Md M T

Jul 18, 2020

For a clear understanding of 3D formulas, Named Ranges, Pivot Tables, Pivot chart this course will definitely help you. I have learnt a lot through this course and will complete this specialization for sure. Thanks a lot to Coursera and the honorable Instructors.

By Tetiana I

May 11, 2018

Great course, but it seems to be more for beginners, going to check next courses. How ever the information and examples on subject as well as quizzes, practice exercises and assessments are interesting and structured. Everything works smooth on Mac. Thanks a lot.

By Emrah S

Jun 5, 2020

This course is above my expectations. Easy to understand. Well built step by step explanations. Clear and clever information is given very briefly but effectively. Really good workbooks for training yourself.

Thank you to everyone who has efforts in this course.

By Yanqiong C

Aug 3, 2020

Thank you Nicky, thank you Prashan! This is the best excel course I have ever had! I love the setup, training videos combined with practice in each step, I agree with Prashan "Practice make it permanent". I will definitely continue learning with your courses,

By Luis C

Mar 26, 2018

This is an absolutely brilliant course. Thank you all for the effort put into this, I was as you mentioned a self taught Excel user and this really allowed me to get a grasp on tools that I did not even know existed. Looking forward to Intermediate II soon! :)

By Prathamesh P K

Jul 11, 2020

The course was really nice, thorough explanatory and surely added up new things like 3D Formulas, Pivot tables, etc. in my knowledge of excel. Also, the course instructors were really helpful throughout the journey.

Hope to complete the rest courses as well :)

By NAVPREET S

Sep 30, 2020

Excel is a great pillar of manage large data calculation. Linking multiple worksheets and workbooks to manage a large amount of data, 3D formulas, math and text functions make this much easier to do.. I'm glad I'm part of this learning..

Thanks Excel Team...

By MD. M H

Jul 1, 2020

It's a great course to learn Excel for intermediate level. Actually, in business sector more data so that linking , consolidation and pivot table are so important to learn. we can get more than those , so i suggest you all, make a hover over this course. :-)