Back to Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

AE

Jun 22, 2018

NK

Feb 25, 2019

It was very informative course. It could have more quizzes and assignments. The way things were explained in the course was quiet interesting. Keep it up!! course. I really like this way of education.

4901 - 4925 of 5,128 Reviews for Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

By Kuo K T

Feb 10, 2016

Way too easy.. I was expecting more information in nutritional science.

Still there's some useful tips for us to choose good food and improve our health

By Kay V

Apr 09, 2020

Good info, but very basic. I live in The Netherlands and in our culture this is all common knowledge. I was hoping for something a bit more complex.

By Scott A L

Jan 14, 2020

As a fitness professional, I already knew that the "Western Diet" was replete with added sugar, the most deadly and addictive drug on the planet.

By Tyra E

Aug 16, 2017

Interesting, wish there was more depth. Some information seemed biased, most recipes weren't all that "healthy." Needs more plantbased research.

By Christopher J

Aug 30, 2020

Info was super basic and didn't really advance my knowledge base. Essentially go plant-based. Never bad as a suggestion but hoped to learn more

By Hilary P

Aug 28, 2019

Good course, but it would be better if it delved into more information about the nutrients in food and how to balance your diet in that sense.

By Marya D M

Sep 11, 2016

Really basic info that most foodies will already know. I liked the cooking demos but I am vegan, gluten-free and eat mostly organic already.

By Marissa D

Jul 30, 2017

Great course more so for helpful reminders and less of class knowledge. Most information I was already aware of so it made it a bit easy.

By Cheryl C

Jul 23, 2017

This is a nice course for a reminder about common sense human nutrition. It contains information that most everyone should already know.

By Maia D

Feb 10, 2020

i wish the course was a little bit more technical and went deeper into scientific explanations than home made cooking and recipes.

By Kartika H

Mar 24, 2018

It has been helpful to learn more about cooking & the importance of cooking - but would be cool if the class can go more in depth!

By Ramune S

Jan 19, 2017

Very basic course for American non-healthy food consumers. Would never call it a university course. Not useful for professionals.

By Will M

Sep 25, 2017

This course was well put together and easy to navigate though I came away less informed about nutrition than I was hoping to.

By Vika R

Sep 20, 2016

The course is a bit too basic, I expected to get deeper information about healthy eating than this course suggests. Thank you

By Lucy F

Aug 01, 2020

it was good however very simple things were covered. if you have any clue about food it probably is too simple for you

By Divesh L

Jun 13, 2020

Decent introductory course.

But I expected more on the plate.

Feels like a tiny snack rather than a wholesome meal.

By Vanessa v d M

Jun 24, 2020

5 stars for clarity and effort. Videos concise and clear.

0 star for content, too basic- definitely expected more.

By Aanchal

Jun 07, 2020

good for beginners. however, not very informative. Mostly some general things we already know are reminded to us.

By Anelia D

Jan 18, 2020

The course provides sensible basic information but is exactly that - very basic. I did not learn anything new.

By Mark K

Jun 23, 2016

This course should be longer and more in depth. However, I did find the readings quite useful and intriguing.

By Nikola I

Mar 24, 2019

It's too basic. Should contain more reading material and course content for something labeled with Stanford.

By Miroslav P

Apr 15, 2020

Didn't provide any new information. It is comparable to informational documentary. But is nicely produced

By Daria K

Oct 01, 2019

It's strange to see non-healthy recipes after recommendation of mostly plant-based diet in the course.

By Maria I

Jan 26, 2016

Great class, but a little shorter than I would like and similar to Dr. Adams other Coursera offering.