Back to Fundamentals of Graphic Design

AR

Apr 18, 2016

very good introductory course. i enjoyed the assignments, they are not overwhelming, easy to start, and the optional ones offer great opportunity to dig little deeper into graphic design fundamentals.

CS

May 10, 2018

An ok course for beginners. A bit too basic for someone who has already had experience in design, but is great anyway cause it breaks things back down to the simplest parts to help you remember roots.

1451 - 1475 of 1,499 Reviews for Fundamentals of Graphic Design

By Allison W

Jan 29, 2019

Needs to be much more fleshed out. Create subsidiary courses for each topic!

By Laura M

Feb 08, 2019

Very interesting but basic - definitely need to continue with the specialisations afterwards. Recommendations of online software courses / tools to learn from would be useful as some people (myself included) may not have the skills to progress onto the specialisations without this knowledge. Overall happy!

By Fedotovskikh M A

Mar 21, 2019

It would be better to see some feedback from teachers, than from people who are also studying to designers

By Natalie W

Sep 07, 2018

Having a background in Art & Graphic Design already I felt the Fundamentals course didn't really push me or help me learn anything incredibly helpful. However, it did push me to start using Illustrator (Which I had never used before) and I am enjoying the process of learning about a new digital programme.

By Antonio C C

Mar 07, 2017

Si deseas conocer los conceptos básicos del diseño gráfico de una manera amena este es tu curso. Es prácticamente autogestivo pero con un diseño instruccional de alta calidad.

By Nataliya

Dec 29, 2015

It is good for beginners only

By Ludivine S

Feb 20, 2017

A bit basic, but I guess that's what should be expected of an "Introduction"

It would be nice to get a more advanced alternative course

By Susan F

Jan 03, 2016

For what it was, it was a decent course. For some reason I thought it would be a little more advanced. This was a very basic class. Wording of the last assignment limited creativity as it was hard to tell if you had to limit your pictures to 2 shapes,(as in one circle and one square), or 2 shapes(as in as many circles as needed and as many triangles as you needed, but don't add any squares). Reviewing these assignments, because they were so basic, made it hard to offer much in the way of constructive criticism.

By Angel A A D

Nov 26, 2015

Very basic, but some things are useful, the course is worth it if you are a total newbie

By Elena P

Apr 19, 2016

Overall I think this is a great course and really helpful. However, I had an unpleasant experience on the last week. There is an assignment that asks you to create a single contrast composition of 2 shapes. It says "shapes" and still people are not sure if they can use more count of those shapes. I chose to use 2 shapes, but multiple counts and some people that thought this is not only 2 shapes, but 2 counts as well, chose to grade my work with the lowest rating due to unfulfilled assignment. I think this is Coursera`s fault to begin with. They should word their requirements properly so it does not create confusion. Now, we are left to the good will of a classmate to judge our work and people are not even sure what the assignment asks of us exactly.

By Mita M

Feb 02, 2017

I was expecting to learn to use some tools during the course. Looks like I have to teach myself how to use different programs for designing.

By Lulu

Feb 11, 2016

lecturer could be more personal

By aman g

Mar 29, 2016

Nice course to understand the basics of graphic design

By MHD.Fettah

Jan 13, 2018

very basic .... like a really basic ... I will commend this course to a robot start his AI training .

By Remington C

Dec 07, 2015

Bit too simple for my liking.

By 翠花

Oct 05, 2016

The last assignment caused me CONFUSION. I mean, due to the unclear assignment requirements, we cannot review composition for composition's sake. For example, I did use two squares as the assignment asked, but I changed the transparency of them, so they form a new square when overlapping. And people think I used three squares and thus not following the instructions. And many people used a small circle and a large circle putting at the center vertically to form a scale composition, and you have to give them 3 points because they followed the instructions, but they actually did not do much in terms of composition. Though I got 3.5 scores by two people ( not very bad), I'm still frustrated, and I hope the assignment requirements could be clearer.

By Jane

Jan 23, 2016

This was a great introductory course to graphic design. It made me think of many ways to represent the same image. I

By Guinivere P

Feb 26, 2017

I really enjoyed the content and learned a lot but, there were far too many videos that were not functional. In some the video froze, in some the sound went off, in others there were a problem with bot visual and sound. It became increasingly hard to follow the ideas as I had no visuals to support the text.

By Mona E

Nov 27, 2016

It's very very basic, I know it's considered an introductory course but I expected more. It was very interesting and informative though.

By Oliver T

Nov 11, 2015

I totally liked the hands-on approach and the nice presentation of the material. On the other hand, I felt a little left alone since there was no didactically planned interaction beyond the peer reviews. Furthermore, a forum for discussion is nice, but it's a little sad if no one can answer course related formal questions, you misinterpret the instructions, and therefore receive a low grade.

By Alyson C

Feb 19, 2017

Great course to introduce you to basics of graphic design and basic design language.

By Mahek S

Aug 14, 2016

Instead of reading blogs and books on graphic design and then following that up with consequent practice I decided to take up this course which would help me do both more efficiently and so far I'm not regretting my decision.

By Hugo E

Jun 19, 2016

Thats a good course for beginers.

In my opinion should be more illustrative with more real and nice examples.

By Aydin A

Jun 28, 2016

Interesting and exploratory but not much was really explained; he just kinda showed examples and said see what I mean. That's great but you're not really learning why and thus in my opinion I don't feel like I learned much about graphic design

By Dany B

Feb 22, 2017

I FIND THE MATERIAL REALLY GOOD AND EASY TO FOLLOW, THE ASSIGNMENTS ARE VERY HELPFUL TO FULLY UNDERSTAND EACH CHAPTER. I LIKE THAT THERE IS INTERACTION BETWEEN PEERS AND HOW THERE IS FEED BACK FROM EACH OTHER, BUT I DONT LIKE THAT IT IS THE ONLY WAY TO GET AN OPINION, IT DOESNT SEEM TO BE ENOUGH, IF I GET FEEDBACK FROM SOMEONE WHO KNOWS AS LITTLE AS ME OR IS BEGINNING TO EXPLORE GRAPHIC DESIGN, I WOULD HAVE LIKED AN OPINION FROM A PROFESIONAL OR A TEACHER WITH MORE EXPERIENCE. ALSO, AFTER FEEDBACK THERE SHOULD BE A CORRECTION ASSIGNMENT OR A GROWTH OPPORTUNITY TO TAKE THE FEEDBACK AND MAKE YOUR PROJECT BETTER.