Back to Elastic Google Cloud Infrastructure: Scaling and Automation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Elastic Google Cloud Infrastructure: Scaling and Automation by Google Cloud

This accelerated on-demand course introduces participants to the comprehensive and flexible infrastructure and platform services provided by Google Cloud. Through a combination of video lectures, demos, and hands-on labs, participants explore and deploy solution elements, including securely interconnecting networks, load balancing, autoscaling, infrastructure automation and managed services. Prerequisites: To get the most out of this course, participants should have: • Completed Google Cloud Fundamentals: Core Infrastructure or have equivalent experience • Completed Essential Google Cloud Infrastructure: Foundation or have equivalent experience • Completed Essential Google Cloud Infrastructure: Core Services or have equivalent experience • Basic proficiency with command-line tools and Linux operating system environments • Systems Operations experience including deploying and managing applications, either on-premises or in a public cloud environment New! CERTIFICATE COMPLETION CHALLENGE to unlock benefits from Coursera and Google Cloud Enroll and complete Cloud Engineering with Google Cloud or Cloud Architecture with Google Cloud Professional Certificate or Data Engineering with Google Cloud Professional Certificate before November 8, 2020 to receive the following benefits; => Google Cloud t-shirt, for the first 1,000 eligible learners to complete. While supplies last. > Exclusive access to Big => Interview ($950 value) and career coaching => 30 days free access to Qwiklabs ($50 value) to earn Google Cloud recognized skill badges by completing challenge quests >>> By enrolling in this course you agree to the Qwiklabs Terms of Service as set out in the FAQ and located at: https://qwiklabs.com/terms_of_service <<<...

CR
May 22, 2018

This was a great course. It moved a little fast but the labs were very detailed. The course helped me learn to navigate a number concepts and also made me aware of other areas where I will dig deeper.

SB
Oct 10, 2019

The labs in this course were a lot of fun. Deployment Manager and Terraform are two systems that I have been interested in for awhile and it was great actually building (small) things out with them.

651 - 673 of 673 Reviews for Elastic Google Cloud Infrastructure: Scaling and Automation

By Ehsan

Jun 24, 2020

USE NATIVE ENGLISH TEACHERS

By Daniel S

Jan 22, 2020

A few solid lessons and labs, but unfortunately the bulk of this course is basically "GCP has load balancing options and automated deployment options." For example, unless you already know the difference between http, TCP, and UDP load balancing, it's kind of meaningless to spend an entire module showing how to set them up; but if you do know the difference then it's trivial to figure out how to set it up in GCP... I guess I'm just not sure why the class exists as it is too advanced for those unfamiliar with basic networking, and too basic for those who do.

By Rohit D

Jul 29, 2019

I'd like to rate 5 stars for the hands-on that the Lab provides. It's pretty good when you using the labs. I'd give a 1/5 to the course content. I felt the topics needed more time to explain, using longer videos (most are only 1, 2 mins long). Some of the concepts are complex and would've been useful with simple analogy. For a newbie like me (I come from UI/UX), this course was a disaster. I spent more time on YouTube reading up on topics, and then coming back only for the labs.

By Srikant S

Jul 15, 2019

The instructor was really hard to follow. You could have as well given us the slides to read from ourselves. Considering that a lot of new terminologies were used , it gets even harder when the instructor is literally rushing through. The downloadable resource must include the slides , these can serve as notes that one can revisit and revise.

By Abhimanyu C

May 27, 2019

For some reason, I am not able to understand much in this course. The instructor may have great knowledge but doesn't explain well at all. Unncessarily she talks at a very very high speed. Even on trying to run videos at 0.75x, I found it difficult to follow what she is trying to say. Elucidation on concepts could have been much better.

By Artur A

Aug 18, 2019

The first part of the course about load balancing was hard to understand and follow, the slides contained a lot of information that wasn't explained and I felt like I'm not catching up. Overall it feels more like a course for people already familiar with the topic than for people learning it.

By Andres S A

Aug 1, 2019

Honest review, It gave a hard time focusing and staying alert unlike most of the other courses, not sure if its the way the teacher expresses, the technical content but this course was not as good as the others

By Vitaliy F

Jun 17, 2018

please redo this course with a different instructor and harder and longer queezes

By Joaquin

Apr 10, 2020

2 estrellas porque existen laboratorios que no funcionan correctamente

By Nima C

Sep 17, 2019

the course would be better if it had more labs and hands-on exercises.

By Marko V

Dec 28, 2018

Just hire robots instead of the instructors! Labs were ok.

By Neerav R P

Sep 26, 2019

Very big and difficult course it should be simplified

By Gennadii I

Nov 10, 2018

Only first lectures are useful

By Matthew R

May 25, 2019

All courses preceding this were great! I learned a lot not just from the slide literature but also with the instructor giving context to the topic. However, this course is terrible. It feels like the instructor doesn't really know her subject, no context was given and it feels like I have to do so much extended reading just to really understand better and apply her subjects.

By Nestor G G

Jun 15, 2019

It is really a pity that a course with such important topics is given by a teacher who is in a hurry, only reads the same thing that is in the slides (without pauses or transitions between ideas) and that does not add value to the written content. I feel like I just wasted my time and did not learn anything. Google should consider the possibility of editing this course again.

By Andrew C

Aug 6, 2019

There were way too many slides where the lady said "please read this slide" or "go to a website for more info". That kind of info is what I'm here for. Several typos/errors in the slides and demos. The labs were essentially boiled down to copy/paste commands into a shell. The quality of the courses in this Cloud Architect track really plummeted after the first two.

By Sante' J

Jul 15, 2018

I want to learn. Locking me out of the course labs after the course is over is stupid. Grade or don't grade the lab, I don't care, but let me review the lab to learn. Additionally, preventing me from providing feedback to coursera directly leaves me with the option of providing the information here.

By Todd P

Jul 17, 2019

Scaling and automation are important core topics but this course won't help you learn them. The presenter speaks at a rapid pace never expanding on why you should care about what it is she is talking about.

By rama r

there is an issue with this course my lab works keep getting locked... I was able to finish all lessons but it is not allowing me to finish the lab work.

By Sandro J

Aug 29, 2017

Coursera web interface is really bad, specially the navigation for the course.

By Rutger-Paul d B

Nov 27, 2018

To fast, not explained enough, some labs are not working or wrong info

By Manav D

Mar 30, 2019

the labs dont work . really bad

By Pablo S G