Back to Job Success: Get Hired or Promoted in 3 Steps

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Job Success: Get Hired or Promoted in 3 Steps by The State University of New York

4.4

This course, Job Success: Get Hired or Promoted in Three Steps, will prepare you to stand out in a crowded applicant pool so that you can get hired or promoted. In three steps you will leave this course with 1. An upgraded social media presence (one that you can be proud of) 2. A visual, infographic resume that will get you noticed 3. A professional pitch that highlights your strengths and skills When creating this course, we listened to potential employers, took the advice of recruiters, conducted informal research on best practices and we drew from our own experiences as professionals who have sought out and hired quality candidates....

SB

Apr 21, 2018

Thanks to the professors, university staff who put this course. This has changed my entire thinking of how to convert not simply a resume but any report into a pleasant finish

BM

Mar 07, 2017

I have honestly learned a lot from this course and will most definitely use the information in my entire career. Thank You very much for making this course available to us.

1 - 25 of 41 Reviews for Job Success: Get Hired or Promoted in 3 Steps

By Mawusime A

Jun 02, 2017

This course teaches you to stay on edge.

I really enjoyed the professional pitch side

By Fiorella P

Dec 07, 2017

This is a very recommendable course: content is relevant, very useful with real examples and templates to use right away. It shows the professionalism of its creators who know how to effectively communicate in an online course. Go for it!

By Robyn R

Jan 12, 2017

So much valuable information presented in an incredibly easy to understand way. Thank you!

By sankara b

Apr 21, 2018

By Haroldo L

Jan 17, 2018

This was um first attempt to study online and I chose Cursera for the range of courses offered. I decided to take a simple course on something that I knew about and see how I would perform and test the platform. I was impressed and positively surprised with how many new things I learned and how challenging the course was with the final exam. I am very happy with the overall experience and now I embark in some new challenges with other courses.

I do thank the instructors from this program and Cursera for the excellent content and course.

By Neeraj K J

Dec 11, 2017

Excellent course for personal presentation, in regard to, tips for update social media profile, knowledge about info graphic resume, and elevator pitch. This course is must for beginners who are looking for job. The speed is high of first two week lecture. However, subtitle is displaying, which is helping to understand pronunciation. But overall excellent course.

By Boitumelo M M

Mar 07, 2017

By Keli J

Jun 11, 2017

I thought I'd enroll just in case there were tips I hadn't already thought of in prepping my resume...I not only perfected my resume, i learned so much more that i think will serve me well should i ever seek a promotion or apply for another job in my industry.

By Zoe G C

Oct 04, 2016

This course helped to me, to find a good job. I learned a lot..

By Basma A M S

Jul 22, 2017

Very useful. Thanks

By Molly Q

Feb 24, 2017

I found this class really helpful in my job search. Especially in a time that I was starting to feel hopeless. Having a few guides for how to best market myself really helped me keep moving. (And I got a job!)

By Juan T

Nov 15, 2017

Great and brief, so twice as great!

By Abhishek S

Jul 13, 2017

This course is an ultimate guide to walk you through the best practices to how to stand out in a crowded applicant pool using online/social media presence and how to succinctly communicate your strengths and skills. I rate it 10 out of 10.

By fleur j

May 04, 2017

Very handy for if you are trying to get a job!

By Mohammed A S

Oct 03, 2017

This is a great course , it really helped me alot to have a good presence online through editing , customizing and fixing my social media profiles , Specially LinkedIn .

The content is so nice , the way the instructors delivered the course is more than professional , the tips they mentioned are all really important ones .

I forsure recommend this course to every one .

By Beatrice M

Mar 09, 2018

I

Love this course. Its more practical and I am glad I took it.

By Heather L

Jul 16, 2017

This course was very thorough in teaching me how to look professional online, in person, and by resume! I think now with a bit of practice and using these guidelines I will be able come across as holistically professional as I want to. Much of the information regarding the professional online persona and professional pitch I had no clue about, so I definitely recommend this to everyone!

By Darlene D C

Jun 02, 2017

Helpful tips that gave me more insight into the job hunt process

By Maria N G

Jun 19, 2017

Very good

By Lina R D

Jan 26, 2018

Great tips! thank you very much!

By ASHWANI K

Dec 04, 2016

I found it one of the best course i have attended on the Cousera.

By Sola