Back to Global sustainability and corporate social responsibility: Be sustainable

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Global sustainability and corporate social responsibility: Be sustainable by Macquarie University

It is no longer acceptable for organisations to focus entirely on financial success if they are to be competitive on the global stage. As corporate scandals continue to make headlines, you will expand your strategic thinking beyond your organisation’s competitive financial environment to consider its broader impact on society. You will grapple with the conflicting outcomes of maximising financial return and societal impact as you develop the skills to create a balance that is sustainable. Through structured learning activities (video lectures, quizzes, discussion prompts and written assessments) you will gain an appreciation of how important sustainability will be for every organisation in the future – and how to achieve it....

GS

Really loved the course. The course is well structured and gives a good insight into a wide range of topics.\n\nHoping to carry forward the learning and apply it in upcoming corporate jobs :)

PP

Apr 21, 2020

Indeed this course was a great eye opener for me, I shall strive to be follow these principles in my work and be sustainable in all fronts in work. Thank you

1 - 25 of 49 Reviews for Global sustainability and corporate social responsibility: Be sustainable

By Volha B

Sep 13, 2019

This is the most interesting course I have ever taken on Coursera! The videos and the information provided were super informative and addressed the issue of sustainability from different angles. I simply love it! I'm very greatful for your work and I'm happy to take the course!

By Sara R I U

Jun 28, 2020

Highly recommend this course!! This course is certainly a very interesting course! It all started with me trying to better understand Corporate social responsibility... then I ended up taking this course that enlightened me to whole new perspective of sustainability and corporate sustainability. After completing this course I am positive that I will follow these steps into a better and more sustainable world. on another notice the videos are well put and very clear. The instructor has clear and understandable English with an extraordinary way of presenting information. This course has successfully created a way into attracting the learner and be in love with this course.

By Kajal R

Jul 29, 2020

It is a really very well-prepared and useful course to understand the importance of sustainability and ethics in organizational structures as well as in real life. The instructor gives an explanation of each and every topic covered in the course very effectively with good examples. The topics are also very well-chosen for the course. It gives an understanding that being good and ethical is also very much essential in this world of intense competition. I particularly liked the course because I also believe to live ethically and as a business student, operate organizational functions ethically.

By Saleh M A

Sep 15, 2020

I have learnt some interactive knowledge sharing insights on GS and CSR and in addition, learnt two interesting schools of thought about Whistleblowing and Psychopathy. Whistleblowing may be quite popular in the developed world, but, not in the developing and the LDC countries. Corporate Psychopath is quite common everywhere, "I AM THIS, I AM THAT... Bla bla bla...." . The strategies mentioned on how to tackle Organizational Psychopath Leaders are still in the infancy stage and need to be more in-depth research to tackle it with efficacy.

By 黃承涵

Feb 12, 2020

The course is will-organized and is pretty useful for beginners who want to learn about CSR. The lecture is easy to understand, but you can always explore more by reading extra articles and documents that are linked to the courses. Moreover, the professor gave suggestions and opinions from different positions to address the issue of sustainability. Really awesome and I enjoyed my time in this course.

By Mashiyat T

Aug 21, 2019

The course is really useful for whoever wanted to learn about sustainability, CSR and ethics. The related videos, articles, and guidelines have a powerful insight. One can utilize these materials for learning and implementation purpose. Got a valuable knowledge about what is exactly sustainability is, how it's circulating in the business and how to implement it. Such a great course I must say.

By Nur O M

Aug 23, 2020

Thank you professor Edward for your time, lectures, and those insightful additional resources on every topic. Learning this through Coursera with such a deep explanation means a lot to me personally. This course brings me to a new horizon of sustainability: how to act ethically in organizations, strategies to be sustainable, and good practices of sustainability that have been implemented.

By Agnes C

Aug 31, 2020

This was my first course on Sustainability after reading the UN principles. This training is really well made, it covers many subjects and gives lots of links on readings and videos.

Thanks to this course I am now aware of so much more and will be able to improve our CR strategy within our company.

By Jafed E G

Jul 06, 2019

By Bernard D V

Oct 07, 2019

Great course that can be tricky sometimes. It shows that the world is complex, that there is no perfect answer, but that we are trying to do our best. A complete and well-thought course about sustainability. I really learned a lot

By Suyash A

Jun 17, 2020

I really got a very detailed insight on Global Sustainability, Corporate Social responsibility, UN SDG and Global Compact. Would help me to incorporate some of these learning in my current role to deliver better customer value.

By Gobinda C S

Hoping to carry forward the learning and apply it in upcoming corporate jobs :)

By PP P

Apr 21, 2020

By Letícia M B

Aug 22, 2020

Interesting and really helpful scenario of environmental and social concerns and how to address these issues in both organization and individual levels.

By Laura H

Jun 05, 2020

This course provided some excellent frameworks and principles which can be incorporated into all sorts of business models. Very valuable indeed.

By Ezekiah F J

Jul 16, 2020

This course was really informative and insightful about various concepts about organisations and their functions.

By Madison B

Jun 26, 2020

Loved the readings and the layout of the course! Was very informative and I look forward to taking more courses

By Ranjana K

Sep 12, 2020

Course has really helped me in developing conceptual understanding. Content is updated and to the point

By MICHAEL H B

Jun 10, 2020

The insight from this course is just one of a kind, I am glad i had the opportunity to learn immensely.

By Silya M

Very clear and documented ! I missed some study cases but the overall training was well-made and worthy

By Isabelle S

Great course. The videos are very well made with full explanations and resources fro further reading.

By Dr S K

May 01, 2020

The concepts were clearly discussed and found some good stuff gone into my brain. Thanks....alot

By NISHIKA S K

Aug 21, 2020

VERY INFORMATIVE AND GOOD CONTENT TO STUDY AND VERY EASY TO UNDERSTAND THE VIDEO. THANK YOU!!!

By Potapova V

Jul 15, 2019

Very interesting and useful course with practical material. Thank you so much!

By Mudasar S

Feb 01, 2020

Amazing, Incredible, Just Awesome and state of the art learning experience.