Back to HTML, CSS, and Javascript for Web Developers

Learner Reviews & Feedback for HTML, CSS, and Javascript for Web Developers by Johns Hopkins University

Do you realize that the only functionality of a web application that the user directly interacts with is through the web page? Implement it poorly and, to the user, the server-side becomes irrelevant! Today’s user expects a lot out of the web page: it has to load fast, expose the desired service, and be comfortable to view on all devices: from a desktop computers to tablets and mobile phones. In this course, we will learn the basic tools that every web page coder needs to know. We will start from the ground up by learning how to implement modern web pages with HTML and CSS. We will then advance to learning how to code our pages such that its components rearrange and resize themselves automatically based on the size of the user’s screen. You’ll be able to code up a web page that will be just as useful on a mobile phone as on a desktop computer. No “pinch and zoom” required! Last but certainly not least, we will get a thorough introduction to the most ubiquitous, popular, and incredibly powerful language of the web: Javascript. Using Javascript, you will be able to build a fully functional web application that utilizes Ajax to expose server-side functionality and data to the end user....

SM
Jun 10, 2020

Actually the best online course i hv ever learnt,especially the professor yaakov is quiet outstanding.And a field trip in a online course sounds rare and good!!Thank You Coursera and yakkov for this!!

SW
Mar 14, 2016

This was a really great course, i learned so much, and it was really interesting and very well explained. I will be taking any more courses done by Yaakov! Really excellent course, thank you so much.

151 - 175 of 3,543 Reviews for HTML, CSS, and Javascript for Web Developers

By Anush M N

Jul 27, 2020

The course was extremely informative and fun at the same time as I got to develop my own website by the end of the course.

Towards the end of the course, especially module 5 picked up too many concepts that were explained in a very short time. This made it a bit difficult for me as I did not take up the entire specialization.

Overall, It's an amazing course. I suggest people looking to learn web development take it up.

By Uriel A R L

Aug 10, 2016

Very useful, complete, clear and awesome course. The tutor explain not only what you need to know about web development but also what you need to know when using this skills in the real world interacting with clients. I absolutely will recommend this course and be forever grateful with it. I encourage you, who is reading this, to sign to the course! Especially if you have interest in the informatics and coding topics!

By edmond m

Mar 17, 2016

One of the best courses I must say. Yaakov Chaikin, a name that I have become familiar, since he coded so much, was absolutely phenomenal. I wish I was at JH, taking a class right now from him, or consulting with him. He was very thorough and did an incredible job. This course is great for people who want to delve deep into CSS and JS, and AJAX. I want to take more classes in AJAX now I have learned the fundamentals.

By Kamath D V

Nov 24, 2020

This is one of the best course present on Coursera which i would suggest to any Beginner. The specialty of this course is that we can get a proper understanding of every Essential Web Developing Technology and also, assignments are one of the best way to check our Understanding. Overall, i loved this course and time with mentor (Yakkov) and I hope it gets updated with new content Soon! All the best.

-Devesh V. Kamath

By Pantelis D

Aug 8, 2016

This course has been very insctructive and great motivation to look further into Git, HTML, CSS, Bootstrap and Javascript. It's the backbone of web development meaning the best place to start from but also that it cant possibly cover everything. I found that w3schools and an online git tutorial of the quite a few out there, perfectly complete this course. A big thank you! to all the people that put effort into this.

By Milagros R

Apr 14, 2016

This is a great course to learn basic, or if you are intermediate and want a clear explanation on what things are and how they work. The key to being a great web developer is is understanding the functionality of your website and how people see in in many devices views. This is the course to find out all the details and make it a part of your web development. I would recommend it to any one who needs these skills.

By Sreenivasulu S

May 1, 2016

This is the best course I have encountered so far. The instructor, Yaakov clearly explains the theory, and demonstrated them through actually developing a restaurant website. Even for an experienced web developer, there is something to learn from this course. I strongly recommend this course to anyone who would like to enhance their web development skills. Thanks to the Yaakov and Coursera to sharing this course.

By Emil

Mar 13, 2016

I have been using web technologies for quite some time now and I was one of those people who are writing html/css/js without really understanding what is going on behind the scenes. The course helped me fill in the gaps in my knowledge.

The lectures go at a nice pace and explain as much as possible without getting tedious. They are very practical, no dry theory.

The assignments don't require huge efforts.

Well done!

By Heather C

Oct 25, 2016

This course is very comprehensive and explains things that are not explained in other online HTML, CSS, courses. The teacher is personable and is good about not just assuming students know things. The videos are not too long and the code examples are great. The assignments are at the right skill level and really employ a lot of the skills taught in the course. I would take another course by this instructor.

By SANDEEP S

Oct 14, 2020

One of the best courses to begin with, in web development if you are a beginner. Moreover, I am learning web development for more than a year but through this course, I was able to clear my basics. It laid the basis of the foundation to explore my skills.

In the future, I would like that this course would cover more about SASS and Jquery as they are growing pretty well.

Once again thank you for this course!

By Anne B

Apr 20, 2016

Very clear, very well organized course for beginning web developers. I have a basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, and Javascript, plus some other stuff (command line, git, databases, servers, etc.) and it was easy to get started and understand the content. I really appreciate how well organized the course materials are, and how the course progresses without leaving you struggling to put critical pieces together.

By Ho Y K

Aug 27, 2020

Very practical course. I am glad that I enrolled in this course. In just 5 weeks, I acquired a new skill that I have never imagined before. Mr. Chaikin is a good teacher! Plz take this course if you are interested in creating web. However, for the javascript week, I think it is a bit over the capability of a novice in this field. I hope the newcomers will not find it too difficult and enjoy their course!

By Carlos J C V

Feb 22, 2016

I like the style of speech because I think it influences on making up a mind of not over-complicating while coding, in theory of course. It is an excellent aspect of the course that there's an introduction to real life tools to used in the making g and use of the technologies taught. It is invaluable the exposition to a client interview process. I will like to overview other courses from this instructor.

By Sara N A

Apr 17, 2016

I'll review 5 star because even tho we are LOTS of people Yaakov and the assistant both take the times to clear our questions on Discussions. Yaakov takes us on an amazing tour for our web client! His explanations on videos are great and has really taught me not just to code, but to do it as efficiently as possible. This course and Yaakov are amazing! Thanks for putting this up and for listening to us!

By Navin P

Feb 2, 2017

Loved this course! I thought Yaakov thoroughly reviewed the concepts, while focusing on good programming fundamentals. I feel that I can adequately apply the skills that I've gained through this course in my future web development endeavors. However, I do believe that the grading guidelines are too generous, so it would be difficult to employ a student based solely on a specialization in this course.

By Carlos S

Nov 18, 2016

Very nice course that teaches you how to create web pages by using HTML, CSS and Javascript.

Be consistent on watching the lectures, reading the material and learning and trying all the concepts presented every week.

And last, but not least, please don't be afraid of asking questions by using the forum. There's always somebody who will give you a hand or who might have the same questions as you do!

By Consuelo J

Jul 24, 2018

I loved this class! It was easy to follow along, the material was explained well, and the assignments fun. The only thing I had an issue with is for the last module the explanation is a little hard to follow. I could have used some more clarification on the TODOs but luckily the discussion forum is awesome so someone was able to help me out. Thanks so much Yaakov! You're a wonderful teacher.

By Yang Z

Dec 1, 2019

Thank you. This course is really good. I learned a lot about HTML, CSS, JS. My purpose of learning is to build my own website. And this course just provide the very tools that I need to fulfill my goal. Now, I can write my own website and help others build their websites. I am very grateful to this course. If you want to build your own website, take this course and you won't regret.

By Laurence H

Oct 6, 2020

Excellent course! I learnt a lot about the intricacies of HTML, CSS and JavaScript. The instructor was very detailed and thorough when he explained the concepts in the different lectures. I really enjoyed the course, especially the process of developing a client's website, the insight about meeting the client's expectation. The coding examples were great. Thanks for a great course!

By Lucas d C O

Jul 10, 2017

This course is really great, even if you're a web developer you can learn some internal mechanics that often are not perceived in a daily basis. The instructor gives some really nice explanations about css rules and show and explain how some of Bootstrap classes work. Finally, it teaches about how to handle raw Javascript code, always preserving scope and following some guidelines.

By Tesh

Mar 6, 2017

A well-designed course that allows me to understand the web development concepts. Each section is clear and flows to the next section. A great teaching method that makes you think and try out the changes. It does not matter if you make mistakes, the tutor as your back, and provides the before and after source code. Brilliant, other course providers should follow a similar method.

By Emmanuel A

Mar 1, 2016

This is an amazing course. If you want to master these technologies in a fun way, this is the course for you. What sets this course apart from the others is the way Yaakov demonstrates the whole web development process, including interacting with a real-world client and taking requirements of the application from her, doing the design and implementing a complete solution for her.

By Ariel M

Feb 20, 2016

Excelente curso, el profesor es extremadamente claro para enseñar conceptos. Enseña todos los detalles necesarios para que tu como estudiante no quedes con "el puente con tablas menos" como es común en cursos de youtube hecho por aficionados.

Se nota la calidad que imparte tanto el profesor como el respaldo por la universidad en que lo que más importa, es que tú aprendas.

Saludos!

By Jaspreet K S

Oct 11, 2017

The course delves deep enough into the fundamentals of HTML, CSS and Javascript to provide a great start in Web development. Coding an actual website was a significant measure as it provided some practical exposure. Moreover the tips provided, be it related to code organization or dealing with client and many more ,are really useful. On the whole, this course is worth taking.

By Radhesh K

Sep 9, 2017

This course is amazing

The Only problem is that some content of this course such as the Github has become outdated and it is a sincere request to Coursera and Yankov Sir to please update the content of the course for the Development Environment part 3:Browser Sync and the Github Video and keep up the amazing and Awesome work that he is doing. In the end

Regards