Back to HTML, CSS, and Javascript for Web Developers

Learner Reviews & Feedback for HTML, CSS, and Javascript for Web Developers by Johns Hopkins University

Do you realize that the only functionality of a web application that the user directly interacts with is through the web page? Implement it poorly and, to the user, the server-side becomes irrelevant! Today’s user expects a lot out of the web page: it has to load fast, expose the desired service, and be comfortable to view on all devices: from a desktop computers to tablets and mobile phones. In this course, we will learn the basic tools that every web page coder needs to know. We will start from the ground up by learning how to implement modern web pages with HTML and CSS. We will then advance to learning how to code our pages such that its components rearrange and resize themselves automatically based on the size of the user’s screen. You’ll be able to code up a web page that will be just as useful on a mobile phone as on a desktop computer. No “pinch and zoom” required! Last but certainly not least, we will get a thorough introduction to the most ubiquitous, popular, and incredibly powerful language of the web: Javascript. Using Javascript, you will be able to build a fully functional web application that utilizes Ajax to expose server-side functionality and data to the end user....

SM

Jun 11, 2020

Actually the best online course i hv ever learnt,especially the professor yaakov is quiet outstanding.And a field trip in a online course sounds rare and good!!Thank You Coursera and yakkov for this!!

SW

Mar 15, 2016

This was a really great course, i learned so much, and it was really interesting and very well explained. I will be taking any more courses done by Yaakov! Really excellent course, thank you so much.

151 - 175 of 2,875 Reviews for HTML, CSS, and Javascript for Web Developers

By Victoria M

Jul 07, 2016

Excellent excellent course!!! Professor Yaakov Chaikin is brilliant, he really knows what he is talking about. I attempted learning HTML, CSS, JQuery and JavaScript on my own and in just a very short amount of time of taking this course, I have learned so much more! I am thankful I found this course when I did. I am looking forward to what is to come. Thank you professor!

By Mirko C

Mar 18, 2016

Great course, very well done and lot of stuff in it. There's a great job done by the teacher in planning and organizing everything, always very clear in the lessons and using clear examples to explain the concepts. My only suggestion would be to divide the last week into two different weeks, since there is lot of material in there, and cover a bit deeply Javascript language.

By Do H L

Mar 20, 2016

You can't get any more generous than this course. It gives you tons of knowledge, tons of practice, tons of meaningful projects to do.

If you have started this course a beginner and have since then religiously following the course materials and activities, you'll emerge an intermediate level developer who will be on the right track to building more advanced web applications.

By He J

Definitely a good course! I love it! It helps me to see the big picture of web development. Briefly, HTML for structure, CSS for style, Javascript for dynamic. The course material is well prepared and coding material is easy to start with. The instructor is enthusiastic and humorous. Because it is an introductory course, I'm considering taking other courses offered by him.

By Srinivas P

Apr 28, 2020

This course changed my outlook regarding online courses. Everything was laid out in the simplest manner and was conveyed perfectly. The entire 5 weeks of the course were brimming with information. WE EVEN WENT ON A FIELD TRIP!!!. This course is just AMAZING.

I don't have enough words to thank Mr. Yaakov Chaikin for teaching me. He's one of the best teachers I've ever seen.

By Darya K

Jun 08, 2017

The course is well structured, includes only relevant information and allows you to get a feel for what's it's like in real life. The instructor does a great job on emphasizing important things, gets to the point quickly.

One detail that could be improved though was that the coding assignments on JS were too simple and covered only a tiny portion of the lecture material.

By Carlos E E M

Nov 12, 2019

Estoy muy feliz de haber tomado este curso el cual lo considero "Intenso" pero muy actualizado en el tema de HTML JS y CSS. Quedé sorprendido por la habilidad y el buen conocimiento del instructor Yakov, quien domina perfectamente todos los temas.

Este curso requiere mucha dedicación y estudio de manera personal para poder avanzar cada semana. Está fascinante. Gracias.

By Andrew C

Sep 02, 2017

This is an excellent course. I have been in software development for over 20 years, but never took the time to really understand CSS and Javascript. After taking this course, I feel much more confident in my skills and I've already been able to apply them on the job. Professor Chaikin is a fantastic instructor and conveyed the key points. The course was also fun.

Sep 22, 2017

Outstanding quality course. Very well structured, well-thought, in-depth, comprehensive and in the same time easy to follow . Professor Chaikin is outstanding teacher easy to understand, teaches straight to the point, clearly and with good sense of humor.Many thanks to Yaakov Chaikin and Johns Hopkins University for all the effort making this course available.

By Linda Y

May 13, 2016

Really like this class. In addition to the basic HTML/CSS/JavaScript taught in this class, the instructor gave us lots of useful web site to get more resource in the future. The class is well-paced. I only wish that the class is longer say 8 weeks so it can cover more in-depth discussion about JavaScript. Also I wish the last two homework are more challeng

By SHARUN E R

Aug 10, 2020

Excellent startup course for Web development programmer, its so easy to learn for a beginner to web development. It also has real-life coding experience which is more than what you could get from a online course. By the way thanks to Yakov and his team, also coursera for providing such a wonderful platform to work on. Looking forward to more courses like this.

By Hitarth B

Jul 02, 2020

This course is actually a great course. The Tutor Mr.Yaakhov Chaikin has done a great job of keeping students interested and I also like how Mr.Yaakhov doesn't explain small topics and encourages students to explore the answer themselves. It's a 4 years old course but still #1 course for HTML, CSS, and JS. I would love to see an updated version of this course.

By Kushan M

Dec 08, 2017

Really good code for someone looking to get started with basic web development or someone with little to intermediate knowledge of web development.

The best part in the course for me was the "Field Trip" where he showed how to interact with a real client and it was a unique feature I really liked!

Good efforts put in by the team. Overall I recommend this course!

By Katarina S

Jun 09, 2017

Despite having some basic knowledge of HTML, CSS and Javascript, this course was super helpful and I've learned loads of new stuff. It helped me to 'connect the dots' and understand the essentials of web development. Professor Yaakov is also a great teacher and makes the course not only practical but also fun! Thank you very much for sharing this knowledge.

By Ishan K

Aug 17, 2016

The course is nicely paced. I was able to go through all the videos and assignments within a day or two.

Prof. Yaakov Chaikin is very skilled and makes his videos fun to watch. It is amusing as well and educational. Really liked the videos about the Restaurant Visit and how to talk to a customer and what to expect and how to deal with issues in the process.

By Jim M

Jun 08, 2016

A lot of information comes at you pretty fast. Which provided me with plenty of practice backing up the video to repeat some parts. I'm not complaining, but it was a pleasure to have code available to follow during Dr. Yaakov's lectures.

This is a good initial course into HTML, CSS & JavaScript.

I'm hoping to find a continuation of this course in the future.

By Izhar A

Jun 20, 2020

I loved the course. The content on offer was very precise and knowledgeable. The way the professor teaches the course makes it even more fun. After taking this course, I am now more comfortable working with html documents, css styling, and examining a web-page at large. I would definitely recommend this course to everyone in the field of web developing!

By Pedro M N d S

Jul 14, 2020

This course takes a very thorough dive into HTML, founding basis to learn CSS (including some Bootstrap 3). Then it teaches Javascript in a kind of isolated manner, only to show next how it interacts with HTML and CSS in the context of the web development os a real application of a website. Finally, it shows some Ajax fundamentals applied to this case.

By Vanio F

Oct 14, 2016

Amazing course! I've tried to followed some online coursers on the same topic, but none kept me so motivated as this one. It is very complete and comprehensive course, and Yaakov teaches everything in a way that even the most complex subjects are easy to understand.

I really recommend this course to everyone who wants to learn any of these technologies.

By Esterling

Apr 30, 2016

The best classes I have ever had. I enjoyed every single lessons in the class, the assignments and grading other students assignments were fun. The last assignment is quite challenging, but it is worth learning. At the end of the class, I feel like I am a real developer, and ready for real world challenges. I highly recommend anyone to take this class.

By SARITA C

Jul 10, 2020

Yaakov is great instructor who taught HTML,CSS, Javascript, Ajax in simplest manner with all practical work and the great thing about assignments which helped a lot to identify whether we are learning or not. overall it was great course with package of multiple skills for web development, thanks to coursera and to the instructor. Highly recommended.

By Xue

Apr 28, 2017

I like this course, I'm beginning of this part, don't have much(almost have no) background about web development. But this course is really nice organised and easy to understand. I also like the way to do the assignment, make me understand better, also by viewing other classmates work, also helped me a lot. Highly recommond. Thank you Yaakov. :)

By Taryn J

Aug 10, 2016

This course was great! The instructor was very knowledgeable and incorporated humor into the lessons, which kept me interested in the topic. I found the last section (Javascript) a bit challenging since I had no prior knowledge of the subject, but I was able to follow along enough to get a basic understanding. I definitely recommend this course!

By Katarzyna A

Nov 13, 2016

Definitely my favourite course so far from whole RoR specialisation! For such a short time course is packed with everything you need and hints where to search for more knowledge. Oh, and instructor is such a nice and bubbly persona which makes the whole experience even more positive, I wish I had this kind of teachers at my uni back in the day!

By Sourav K

Jul 05, 2020

Special thanks to Yaakov Chaikin Sir. The way you teach is just exceptional. Yeah this course is now a bit outdated but you provided all the important links that kept me updated with the latest technologies in web development. Thanks to Coursera and Johns Hopkins University for availing such a good course from such an awesome Professor/Tutor.