Back to An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1) by Rice University

This two-part course is designed to help students with very little or no computing background learn the basics of building simple interactive applications. Our language of choice, Python, is an easy-to learn, high-level computer language that is used in many of the computational courses offered on Coursera. To make learning Python easy, we have developed a new browser-based programming environment that makes developing interactive applications in Python simple. These applications will involve windows whose contents are graphical and respond to buttons, the keyboard and the mouse. In part 1 of this course, we will introduce the basic elements of programming (such as expressions, conditionals, and functions) and then use these elements to create simple interactive applications such as a digital stopwatch. Part 1 of this class will culminate in building a version of the classic arcade game "Pong"....

CD

Jul 13, 2017

It was nice beginner course for the new programming to learn programming and practice the concepts with most intuitive way, the way is to build a game and that interests anyone who takes this course.

JT

Oct 09, 2018

A great intro that puts the topic into achievable steps! I have a mechanical engineering background and I found it to be straightforward. The professors do a good job of making it fun and enjoyable.

251 - 275 of 666 Reviews for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

By vasanth K R

Mar 17, 2017

excellent course to get a good introduction to programming in python. Mini project based appraoch ensured I got hands on training throughout the course of the project

By Madison C

Jun 04, 2017

The instructors and mentors have made it fun and interesting to learn Python. I love their easygoing lectures and especially appreciate the programming style /developer tips. It has been invaluable to me as a beginning programmer to learn not just the basics of the language, but most importantly how to break the problem into smaller manageable chunks and to document everything. The community mentors have been wonderfully responsive and helpful as well. I definitely have learned a lot! Thank you!!

By Yomaira A

Jun 11, 2017

Very interactive and great community to learn with. I'm very content with the knowledge I have obtained.

By Nurmat E

Aug 07, 2016

cool :-)

By John C

Jun 26, 2017

Excellent hands-on way to learn Python, from instructors who love the topic and made the course fun and low-key, but still rigorous. It's a commitment that pays off.

By Carlos J G

Apr 05, 2016

Brillante curso. Muy ilustrativo.

By Andrés F C G

Jul 20, 2017

So easy to learn with this course. Totally recommended

By Jinru Y

Nov 17, 2017

A very useful course, and I had so much fun doing it!

I really like the professors, they successfully made me get interested in computing.(I hated computing for actually no reasons before and I'm so glad I decided to try this course)

By Zou S

Jun 11, 2017

Very good and well-organized course , full of fun. I really enjoy the course and the games and I learn a lot . Thank you so much for Scott and Joe.

By Julianna M

Sep 09, 2016

Fantastic class. A little fast paced for a beginner, but I was able to keep up and enjoyed it.

By Luis L

Oct 15, 2017

Good information was provided. It maintain interest by using adequate exercises.

By Dalibor S

Mar 26, 2016

Best python (or programming) course for beginners I have seen (and I tried a lot of them).

1) Codesculptor helps a lot (no need for endless saving, running IDLE etc) - you go immediatelly

2) Interesting examples + exercises with templates (where you just fill in some part of code) maintain motivation and interest high. No basic boring stuff like "print fibonacci sequence". Also - more focused on actual programming than on mathematical/logical solving of exercises (as I viewed in some courses)

3) Small enough increments to not being overwhelmed, yet still motivated by new stuff.

To sum it up, I am looking forward to subsequent courses in this series.

By Li M

Jul 05, 2018

Awesome !

By Peter D

Feb 15, 2017

Excellent introduction to Python and programming. The Python concepts move at a gentle pace, but the assignments are quite challenging. This makes a great introduction to programmatic thinking and problem solving in addition to Python

By abhishek c

May 21, 2017

I spent a great time doing the projects and having fun along the way.

By LIN Z

May 09, 2016

m

By Michael B R

Oct 14, 2017

Great course. It uses games as projects which will not suit all.

By Alexander S

Dec 21, 2017

Great!

By Brahma P Y

Dec 04, 2016

doing mini projects is a great way to learn

By Nicholas B

Apr 14, 2016

These guys make programming much more approachable.

By Vaduva R

Jun 20, 2016

Very interesting course and the learning process is easy to follow, i recommend it.

By Francisco d J G A

Feb 04, 2017

It's a great course. Teachers are awesome since they're capable of getting your attention 100% of the time by keeping motivation up and making the learning curve really smooth. Thanks!