Back to Journalism, the future, and you!

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Journalism, the future, and you! by Michigan State University

You will learn about the career paths that are available in journalism, and what opportunities the skill sets of a journalist can offer in other fields. You will explore areas such as being an international correspondent, self-publishing in journalism, as well as how to freelance in the field. You will be empowered to develop your own path in journalism, from being an active and informed consumer, to being a journalist. The worlds of business, communications, politics, education and marketing all utilize elements of journalism. This course also examines how to keep the trust of audiences through ethical, and responsible, journalistic practices. Sometimes, journalists need to be aware of their own safety. We will intelligently discuss how journalists around the world handle pressure, threats and other dangers while doing their jobs. Journalism - and journalists - are agents of change. Are you ready to become one too?...

SR

Jun 30, 2018

Fantastic Class! I have a BA in Journalism and I felt the Coursera/MSU SoJ Classes were indeed tougher and give a much better example of 'real world' than you will find in most class rooms.

VS

Dec 07, 2016

Genuine course, which makes budding journalists aware about the dangers involved, dedication required, & precautions to be taken, as well as importance of business aspect in journalism.

1 - 25 of 48 Reviews for Journalism, the future, and you!

By sarwat j

Jan 02, 2019

Nice

By mouna s

Feb 11, 2019

Like the classical sort of learning experience you get in the classroom. I wouldn t trade it for anything more fancier. Nice wit and a more or less fast pace. Good quiz paces and module design. It s the sort of teaching skills that help you climb a mountain step by step making sure your steps are sure with frequent verification of feeback (quizes)

By Md S H

Feb 16, 2019

I am really excited to be a learner of this part of journalism. The instructors are really helpful indeed. I loved their teaching method. Thanks a lot

By atta r m

Dec 20, 2018

excellent course. I learnt valuable information through videos

By Mary E P

Dec 06, 2018

Excellent course. I highly recommend for anyone who wants to be a journalists but also for anyone who wants to be a better consumer of the news.

By Sarah E

Apr 03, 2018

This is an excellent course, really enjoyed it.

By Shan Y

Sep 08, 2016

Thoughtful

By Ruben G

Apr 04, 2018

I am forever grateful. Thank you, my professors. You taught me a lot!!!

By Adil C

Sep 15, 2016

Excellent content!

By Daniel Z

Nov 16, 2017

Great course, really enjoyed it.

By benard o o

Jul 28, 2017

Quite insightful and a wonderful approach plus prowess with every video. Best of all at the end you end up with options on how to advance.

By Keri A B

Jun 21, 2017

5 stars for the 4th course in the specialization. In this course I learned about fairness & balance, freelancing, international journalism, disaster situations, conflict of interest, covering world news, press rights and safety, ethics, plagiarism, and more.

As each of the courses has been, the lectures were succinct, with key term and information slides well placed. Engaging and thought provoking. As it should be, this 4th course was the most challenging. I earned my certificate!

I immediately enrolled in the capstone.

I highly recommend this course

By Viraj G N S

Dec 07, 2016

By Maria R

May 30, 2016

I am so excited to begin a wonderful free lance career in Journalism. This course has given me the tools and knowledge to grow and achieve the respect of a professional Journalist.

By Red M

Feb 28, 2017

My journey continue, this is my fourth step. Learning a lot with the professors I'm honoured to work.

By Shane R

Jun 30, 2018

By RS R

Mar 13, 2018

Love it

By Marie V

Jun 11, 2016

I really enjoyed this class because it really hit on international issues for those who are abroad.

By Akinwande H B

Nov 01, 2016

This course is so good and educating.

By Odelin C

Jan 01, 2017

On ne devrait pas exercer le metier de journalisme sans suivre ce cours a l'avance. It is a great guide to lead the journalist.

By Michael J S

Nov 16, 2016

Great course, educational and fun as well.

By Estefania I

May 24, 2018

It was great!

By Tamer D A

Apr 07, 2018

Excellent course to complement the specialization. This component focuses on conflicts of interest, trust, how to treat sources and collect information like a professional journalist. This part contains assessments to consolidate the previous areas in the specialization.

By Samuel

Sep 18, 2018

I wantto learn about journalist more information

By Rohit R