Back to Journalism, the future, and you!

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Journalism, the future, and you! by Michigan State University

You will learn about the career paths that are available in journalism, and what opportunities the skill sets of a journalist can offer in other fields. You will explore areas such as being an international correspondent, self-publishing in journalism, as well as how to freelance in the field. You will be empowered to develop your own path in journalism, from being an active and informed consumer, to being a journalist. The worlds of business, communications, politics, education and marketing all utilize elements of journalism. This course also examines how to keep the trust of audiences through ethical, and responsible, journalistic practices. Sometimes, journalists need to be aware of their own safety. We will intelligently discuss how journalists around the world handle pressure, threats and other dangers while doing their jobs. Journalism - and journalists - are agents of change. Are you ready to become one too?...

SR
Jun 29, 2018

Fantastic Class! I have a BA in Journalism and I felt the Coursera/MSU SoJ Classes were indeed tougher and give a much better example of 'real world' than you will find in most class rooms.

VS
Dec 6, 2016

Genuine course, which makes budding journalists aware about the dangers involved, dedication required, & precautions to be taken, as well as importance of business aspect in journalism.

1 - 25 of 104 Reviews for Journalism, the future, and you!

By Maria R

May 30, 2016

I am so excited to begin a wonderful free lance career in Journalism. This course has given me the tools and knowledge to grow and achieve the respect of a professional Journalist.

By Shane M R

Jun 30, 2018

By Viraj G N S

Dec 7, 2016

By Keri A B

Jun 21, 2017

5 stars for the 4th course in the specialization. In this course I learned about fairness & balance, freelancing, international journalism, disaster situations, conflict of interest, covering world news, press rights and safety, ethics, plagiarism, and more.

As each of the courses has been, the lectures were succinct, with key term and information slides well placed. Engaging and thought provoking. As it should be, this 4th course was the most challenging. I earned my certificate!

I immediately enrolled in the capstone.

I highly recommend this course

By Ibtihal A B A Y A

Sep 16, 2018

A highly informative, applicable& easy to follow course by absolutely knowledgeable professors. The thorough, well-organized& engaging course content reflects the the professionalism & the extensive knowledge of the professors in this field. Really looking forward to enrolling in other courses by the same professors & Michigan State University . Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to learn from you.

By mouna s

Feb 11, 2019

Like the classical sort of learning experience you get in the classroom. I wouldn t trade it for anything more fancier. Nice wit and a more or less fast pace. Good quiz paces and module design. It s the sort of teaching skills that help you climb a mountain step by step making sure your steps are sure with frequent verification of feeback (quizes)

By Tamer D A

Apr 7, 2018

Excellent course to complement the specialization. This component focuses on conflicts of interest, trust, how to treat sources and collect information like a professional journalist. This part contains assessments to consolidate the previous areas in the specialization.

By Tomelilla G

May 8, 2020

What made this course particularly valuable was the amount of assignments to be completed and reviewed. Ensuring that students wrote a personal and researched essay after almost every lesson really makes one work harder and delve deeper into journalism.

By Kayden N

Apr 23, 2019

Enjoyed the in-depth insights and passionate sharing by the lecturers. Tutorial assignments challenged us to recap the key points and add in our own experiences.

By Bhavana

Jul 29, 2020

Iam honoured and privileged to be part of this wonderful course journalism through this course I gained most talented skills like knowledge, optimism adaptability, communication skills and lots of other great wondered skills mainly as a writer I have improved myself a lot so thank u so much for giving me this splendid opportunity for being part of your excellent course The journalism future and you course I have enjoyed this course so much at the same time through this course sure I know I have a great career path towards my journalistic field so I sincerely thank all of them who supported me throughout this course Iam obliged and very happy and this is a marvellous path of course where we can enhance our skills and this is the place/field where u can show ur talents in acheiving. Great miracles and wonders u can get apt from this course so frnds I assure you to enroll these course and be a part of this tremendous nice course and enjoy urself in this course and learn lot of new things from this journalism course this course sharpens our dreams and it will deepen our skills so Thank you all🙂👍

By Asha S G

Jul 28, 2021

I found this course helpful in understanding the foundations of journalism and how it is changing with time and technological advancements. The course touches all facets of journalism started from native and international laws for media, the life of a foreign correspondants, free journalism, and the challenges of a journalist's life.

By MUHAMED E

Sep 17, 2021

In this course, you will learn and understand the importance of the profession of journalism and how to deal with surrounding problems and awareness of the freedom and rights of the profession I recommend completing the entire specialization: Be a journalist

By VALERIA D

Sep 21, 2020

This was my favourite course. I loved every single word! The lecture about correspondents let me dream and hope that it's possible. I discover an incredible world that brings me positivity and allows me to be still alive. THANKS TO ALL!

By Loreen W

Sep 18, 2020

Any Journalist will be able to relate to everything being taught in this course. Even persons who aren't journalist would be inspired to become one after taking this course. I enjoyed every class literature! Kudos to the lecturers....

By karlyga m

Nov 4, 2020

I enjoyed to this course. It was a good opportunity for me to get more practical information about the future of journalism. Thank you very much for the usefull course! I wish to have more MSU courses in the future.

By Deepak M

May 2, 2021

New course New test for me. Thank you Coursera and MSU.

Thank you Coursera, MSU, support Team, all the faculties who support me in all sides of difficulties and make me successful to earn this certificate.

By Annisa R G

Sep 7, 2020

I like this course because it makes me know about journalism in specific and then i like video,assignment all about journalism it makes me want to learn about journalism thankyou

By Nuwan D

Sep 3, 2021

#Logic #Communication #Critical #Thinking #LawWriting #Strategy #Operations #Finance

#Advertising #Communication #WritingCritical #Thinking #Journalism #CultureSocial #Media

By Shahadat H

Feb 15, 2019

I am really excited to be a learner of this part of journalism. The instructors are really helpful indeed. I loved their teaching method. Thanks a lot

By Mary E P

Dec 6, 2018

Excellent course. I highly recommend for anyone who wants to be a journalists but also for anyone who wants to be a better consumer of the news.

By mahammedsani S

Jun 9, 2021

coursera you are helping the poor in delivering education all over the world. This is good job and should be recognized. Thank you coursera.

By benard o

Jul 28, 2017

Quite insightful and a wonderful approach plus prowess with every video. Best of all at the end you end up with options on how to advance.

By Rida A

Sep 24, 2020

I am very thankful to Michigan University for this course, It taught me the basics of Journalism and elevates my interest in this field.

By Cecilie L

Nov 22, 2018

This is an absolute must take course. As we learn about the field of journalism, we also write essay's, which helps with the writing.

By Ayub M

Jul 5, 2021

Never knew there was so much that goes into journalism. I have acquired skills and experience I never thought possible. Mind blown