Back to Introduction to C# Programming and Unity

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to C# Programming and Unity by University of Colorado System

This course is all about starting to learn how to develop video games using the C# programming language and the Unity game engine on Windows or Mac. Why use C# and Unity instead of some other language and game engine? Well, C# is a really good language for learning how to program and then programming professionally. Also, the Unity game engine is very popular with indie game developers; Unity games were downloaded 16,000,000,000 times in 2016! Finally, C# is one of the programming languages you can use in the Unity environment. This course doesn't assume you have any previous programming experience. Don't worry if you've never written code before; we'll start at the very beginning and work our way up to building small games by the end of the course. Throughout the course you'll learn core programming concepts that apply to lots of programming languages, including C#, and you'll also learn how to apply those concepts when you develop games. Computer programming is really fun in general, and programming games is even better! Caution: Beginning (assuming no prior programming knowledge) is not the same as easy (not hard to do). Learning to program IS hard to do, especially since this course is essentially the first half of a freshman-level college course. Meeting the course challenges while you master the material will be rewarding to you, but doing that will require hard work and maybe even a few expletives along the way. Module 1: Write your first C# console application and Unity script and learn how we store data in our programs Module 2: Learn how we use classes and objects to implement our code Module 3: Learn the basics of Unity 2D games and discover how we make decisions in our code Module 4: Get and use player input in your Unity games Module 5: Complete final peer review and take "Final Exam" “Unity” is a trademark or registered trademark of Unity Technologies or its affiliates in the U.S. and elsewhere. This course is an independent work and is not sponsored by, authorized by, or affiliated with Unity Technologies or its affiliates...

MM
Jul 29, 2020

The instructor extremely enthusiastic and passion which is really rare to see but amazing. Thank you so much for teaching this course it really helped to kick start my interest in game development :)

JT
Jan 17, 2020

Very good instructor walks you through every step and then has assignments for you to do on your own to practice your coding skills. Emphasizes using documentation and practicing fundamentals.

51 - 75 of 444 Reviews for Introduction to C# Programming and Unity

By Dennis A

Nov 17, 2020

I'm pretty sure; you either like Dr. T's quirkiness or you don't.

Every step throughout the course contains all the information you'll need,

to complete the given tasks which are 'just enough' out of reach...

to give you a sense of accomplishment after figuring them out.

By Alejandro M G M

Aug 29, 2018

It was fun and great, I am going to take a short brake from code to finish my creative writing. But immediately after I am coming back to finish this specialization. Thank you so much Dr. T. Thank you so much Coursera for all the opportunities to keep on learning.

By Kartik B

Jun 18, 2020

This is an excellent course to get started with gaming. The only negative thing I can say is that it is a little hard for people who have no background in programming, but, if watched carefully, someone with no programming knowledge can also learn a lot.

By Alejandro P

Apr 8, 2018

It's a well structured course. Starts really slowly at the start, but then it pushes you to learn more and search up on the web to understand better the libraries. The first course for now has been amazing, i'll be sure to continue it.

By Mridul B

Apr 3, 2020

I faced a few problems here and there trying to figure out how to make things work while doing the assignments.. but the course is very well structured so I can't blame it for me not knowing some of the very basic things beforehand.

By Kelsey G

Mar 28, 2019

Excellent professor! I really enjoyed the videos and the reference tools given. There were a lot of headaches, screaming at monitors, and rage quitting... but in the end I learned something to help me further myself in a new path.

By Nicole B

Oct 29, 2020

Professor T is awesome, very friendly, professional and patient. His lessons are informative and his textbook was a good addition to the course. Definitely looking forward to the rest of the courses within this specialization.

By Emilio d J L C

Jun 12, 2020

Really good course. I recommend it a 100%. But the most important (apart from knoledge) is that Dr. T is a really good teacher. He gives the special human touch to each and every class. I really recommend to do this course.

By Yevhenii S

Cool Unity Introductory Course! Very charismatic teacher! Comfortable feed. Probably requires at least minimal programming knowledge to complete, but it is possible to do it from complete zero! I recommend this course!

By Ren F

Loved this course. Dr.T is awesome. As soon as he said he was a sim racer I knew I was going to like him :) His approach to teaching is first class, detailed information delivered with a great sense of humour.

By Samar J

Aug 15, 2020

As a total beginner, i felt that the course pace was perfect and Dr. Tim explained everything in a very simple and easy to grasp manner. Would definitely recommend to anyone who wants to learn C # and Unity.

By TikAcademy

Oct 1, 2019

I love Dr T's style and teaching, though in week three was my downfall because I could not omplete the activities anymore and querions or help resources are non-existant so, let's see how otehr classes go.

By Ali H

Aug 9, 2018

This course is so amazing, Its Funny its amazing its helpful i even bought the book i cant thank Mr T I mean Dr T enough this course is amazing and its very helpful couldn't recommend it enough

~ Ali hatim

By DAVID F M M

Jul 7, 2020

It's a pretty good course, I had some experience with C# and Unity and I was able to follow it and learn a lot of new tricks, although it may be a little bit too fast for someone without any experience.

By Marcel

Jul 30, 2020

By Luis F C T

Sep 18, 2020

Dr T. Is great at balancing both explaining things vs. having you sort and learn thing out on your own, you can see the effort and love he puts in his videos and that's really motivating.

By Skvortsov S A

Jan 3, 2021

Insanely cool course where everything about game programming is explained in clear language. I changed my job as a waiter to a game developer after completing a series of these courses!

By Elizaveta

It is incredible course for C# Unity newcomers! I really love it. Especially I like the professor's attitude to learners and creating tasks and lectures. Thank you very much, Dr. "T"!!!

By Gue C

Mar 10, 2020

It was very helpful to me, and make me get a priliminary understanding about C# and unity. Dr.T is very humor and his class is truly intersting. I can‘t wait to start the next course!

By MARTÍN A C L

Jul 6, 2020

I learned a lot! Sometimes the learning curve was really steep, but it was for the best in the end, learning to think and to solve the problems instead of just following tutorials.

By Chane D T

Apr 6, 2020

I really enjoyed this course not only was it a great learning experience. The lecturer has a wonderful way of presenting the content and keeps you engaged while giving you a smile.

By Igor N

Sep 29, 2019

Till now, is very well explained! It permits the learner goes tracking the map. The teacher tries to inspire us through the lessons. Up to the present moment everything is good.

By Edward M

Apr 25, 2020

Dr. T is so much fun to learn with! His passion for programming is clearly seen in his lectures. He explains everything extremely well and makes the overall process enjoyable.

By Ernesto B J

Apr 8, 2019

This is a great course for those who want to learn C# for Unity. Dr. T is very effective in his instructions plus the program exercises will make you learn C# in no time. :-)

By Arun S B

Dec 17, 2020

Simple and systematic instructions with appropriate exercise materials make this course a perfect beginners guide for unity. Learning from Dr. T has been a great experience.