Back to Introduction to C# Programming and Unity

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to C# Programming and Unity by University of Colorado System

This course is all about starting to learn how to develop video games using the C# programming language and the Unity game engine on Windows or Mac. Why use C# and Unity instead of some other language and game engine? Well, C# is a really good language for learning how to program and then programming professionally. Also, the Unity game engine is very popular with indie game developers; Unity games were downloaded 16,000,000,000 times in 2016! Finally, C# is one of the programming languages you can use in the Unity environment. This course doesn't assume you have any previous programming experience. Don't worry if you've never written code before; we'll start at the very beginning and work our way up to building small games by the end of the course. Throughout the course you'll learn core programming concepts that apply to lots of programming languages, including C#, and you'll also learn how to apply those concepts when you develop games. Computer programming is really fun in general, and programming games is even better! Caution: Beginning (assuming no prior programming knowledge) is not the same as easy (not hard to do). Learning to program IS hard to do, especially since this course is essentially the first half of a freshman-level college course. Meeting the course challenges while you master the material will be rewarding to you, but doing that will require hard work and maybe even a few expletives along the way. Module 1: Write your first C# console application and Unity script and learn how we store data in our programs Module 2: Learn how we use classes and objects to implement our code Module 3: Learn the basics of Unity 2D games and discover how we make decisions in our code Module 4: Get and use player input in your Unity games Module 5: Complete final peer review and take "Final Exam" “Unity” is a trademark or registered trademark of Unity Technologies or its affiliates in the U.S. and elsewhere. This course is an independent work and is not sponsored by, authorized by, or affiliated with Unity Technologies or its affiliates...

MM
Jul 29, 2020

The instructor extremely enthusiastic and passion which is really rare to see but amazing. Thank you so much for teaching this course it really helped to kick start my interest in game development :)

JT
Jan 17, 2020

Very good instructor walks you through every step and then has assignments for you to do on your own to practice your coding skills. Emphasizes using documentation and practicing fundamentals.

176 - 200 of 510 Reviews for Introduction to C# Programming and Unity

By Shrikant N

Sep 11, 2018

Dr. Tim Chamillard is best tutor

With face charming which directly shows in his personality great !!

By Rodrigo M

Oct 29, 2020

Buen curso, se necesita tener manejo del ingles para tomarlo ya que no tiene subtítulos al español.

By Danil S

All was great! sometimes it was difficult but it's just because english it's not my native language

By Ali K D

Feb 6, 2021

I really enjoyed the course and I can say that I learned many new things. Also, Dr.T is very cool.

By Gaurav S

May 9, 2020

Good course for beginners to begin with. Dr T. (the teacher) is fun and keeps videos interesting.

By Paramkusham V V K

Sep 10, 2019

This was my 1st course in coursera and I really enjoyed learning fundamentals of game programming.

By Juan D C D

Jan 21, 2019

Excellent course and the professor is so funny and he shows that its passionate in teaching others

By Kristin L

Dec 12, 2018

Pacing was a little fast sometimes and the instructions were rather vague on the later assignments

By Johan S

Nov 20, 2020

Excellent introduction, everything is well explained and the assignments at the appropriate level

By Pranav V

Sep 26, 2020

The instructor is too good. He teaches everything perfectly and the concepts fits in your brain.

By Prameet A

Jul 11, 2020

The instructor is really fun to learn with

totally recommended for anyone who wants to learn c#

By Ali E O

Nov 13, 2019

I have really enjoyed the course. Dr. T. and his teaching style is amazing. Highly recommended.

By Pavel T

Aug 6, 2020

Thank you for this amazing course, I learned a lot, but have some problems with grading system

By Marcin O

Jul 7, 2021

I'm impressed how much I've learned from this course. It's very well organised and conducted.

By Rio

Aug 31, 2020

This course is really good for a new Game Developer Master!!!!! Cheersss and keep learning!!!

By Sebastián M G

Great starting point even if you already know C# because Unity is a complete different field.

By Abdullah R

Aug 3, 2020

All lectures were great, content was great, i have leaned alto because of so many exercises.

By Tanim J

May 4, 2020

It's a very good course, but for a complete programming beginner, it's doesn't explain much.

By Simon L

Aug 28, 2019

Incredible course I recommend it to all beginners as well as intermediate users. incredible.

By Pablo M

Oct 3, 2018

Great course structure, even for the experienced programmers in other languages or paradigms

By Sven A R

Jun 5, 2018

Fantastic introduction to Unity and C#. The course is flawless and the teacher is inspiring.

By Lorena T

Aug 15, 2020

It's a great course, I learned a lot of things, now I'm confident in my programming skills

By Juan S P V

Aug 15, 2020

Excellent course. The teacher is awesome and he has a really good methodology for teaching.

By Sakib I

Best Course to start learning gaming development with best guiding and supportive workflow.

By Chianh J X

Jun 21, 2020

Dr T was very clear in his explanation and gave us many resources to work with. Thank you!