Back to Investment Strategies and Portfolio Analysis

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Investment Strategies and Portfolio Analysis by Rice University

4.2

In this course, you will learn about latest investment strategies and performance evaluation. You will start by learning portfolio performance measures and discuss best practices in portfolio performance evaluation. You will explore different evaluation techniques such as style analysis and attribution analysis and apply them to evaluate different investment strategies. Special emphasis will be given to recent financial market innovations and current investment trends. After this course, learners will be able to: • Describe performance measurement measures • Evaluate portfolio performance • Describe and contrast different investment strategies • Propose investment strategy solutions...

DG

Jul 02, 2020

Best course. I was able to apply what I learned to my job. My office loved the ideas I brought to the table from this course.

GI

Jun 12, 2020

outstanding, and includes a few Excel exercise as well which I have found very useful

1 - 25 of 46 Reviews for Investment Strategies and Portfolio Analysis

By Kumar A

Dec 28, 2017

All the previous specializations were amazingly informative and practical. This one however lacks the pre-knowledge required and seems somewhat trivial to the whole course.

By Roger D

Dec 06, 2018

I've tried a few courses that are similar and this one is better than average.

By Stacey C R

Jan 29, 2018

Too many errors in answer keys, and no real support to speak of. Disappointing.

By Matteo E

Feb 15, 2018

Excellent course, unfortunately ruined by the lack of support from mentoring or teaching staff. Also getting a peer review assigned is very difficult, probably due to shortage of students.

By Oleksandr S

Sep 04, 2017

There were a lot of typos and errors in this course. Please, fix them. From the content perspective the course is very informative and I would suggest it

By Michael B

Oct 13, 2017

While the material was good the quiz was frustrating (5 answers to the 13 questions on the quiz) so no way to go back and see the calculations.

By Nollymar L

Mar 13, 2017

The course has many mistakes, especially the quizzes solutions. The staff was not very active answering forum questions. In some way, I felt disappointed taking this course, because the quality is very poor in comparison to the other three courses of this specialization. However, I hope this review helps the staff to improve the quality of this course for future students, considering that the teacher has a great methodology to explain the content.

By Gavesh Y

Aug 11, 2017

Very bad quizzes due to incorrect answers!

By Akshay D

Apr 24, 2020

This was an exceptionally well delivered course. Got to learn a lot. The concepts and their application at the beginners level was 100% perfect. Simple and clear use of jargons of finance made the understanding very easy to digest. Practice quiz and graded quiz. did test the proper application. Only one small suggesstion, after the course certification is completed, at the end, some more questions can be provided with solution as take-away practice for future reference and practice. This would enable the student to re-look and practice. Thank you Dr. Arzu for the wonderful compilations of notes, videos, etc. Kudos to you and Rice University. !!! Grateful. Stay safe in these time. -- Akshay D.

By Hong M

Jul 27, 2020

Very good course, which provides practical tools and methodology to assess the risk and optimize the investment portfolios. I am honored and pleased to take the course. Appreciated in teacher's wonderful teaching and forum classmates' discussions. Would recommend to others. Best regards and Have a nice week.

By Henry X

Oct 27, 2017

Concise and visualized speech, greatly impressive. Combined with the practice and quizzes, it deeper my understanding in analysis on investment strategies and how to evaluate performance of a certain portfolio. I would recommend this course to my friends without hesitation.

By Guillermo V

Dec 09, 2019

This was a really good learning experience full of practical information.

It fits very well into the progression of the 4 course + 1 Capstone certification.

I am looking forward to start the Capstone project in Jan'20

By Miao H

Apr 18, 2017

To the successors:that is an intriguing and informative course,you can learn some useful skills and details concerning the Chartered Financial Analyst that the context (or course itself) in your country may not cover.

By Federico V

Nov 17, 2017

Super interesting course! It gave me the principles necessary to be aware of perform Portfolio analysis through Style analysis and Performance attribution.

By Diego A G G

Jul 02, 2020

By Michael

Aug 13, 2017

Very practical course. Highly recommended for someone pursuing a asset management role.

By Gabor I

Jun 12, 2020

By Holmert R

Feb 22, 2020

Thank you so much for putting this course togeteher online!

By Kafui B

Apr 29, 2020

Very relevant examples and course works

By Amarnath A

Apr 28, 2020

Excellent

By saurabh n p

May 14, 2017

good

By Dev G

Apr 19, 2020

Its a nice course to do but one should have finance background to start with this course. The only thing I would like to stress on that it would be a great help if professor explain the concepts little more with the live examples.

By Bob C

Jul 31, 2017

A really good course that I would certainly recommend. The only thing that let it down was that some of the solutions to the final quiz were incorrect and led to some frustration on the forum!