Back to Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition by Arizona State University

In this course learners are introduced to second or foreign language theories and practices for teaching and assessing listening, speaking, and pronunciation. Learners will also be introduced to basic studies in second language acquisition and their pedagogical implications. Teachers will be invited to recognize the importance of grounding their own teaching philosophy through an examination of purpose, content, and technique....
Highlights
Applicable teachings
(121 Reviews)
Creatively designed course
(270 Reviews)

NZ
Jun 10, 2018

I'm really enjoying this course. I'm about half way through. I'm looking forrward to how the various courses in this series take me farther and farther into language learning theories and techniques.

ZY
Oct 10, 2018

Teachers are great. The course is fun and informative. I love this specialization. I look forward to completing all the courses as soon as possible. I highly recommend this course and specialization.

326 - 350 of 1,529 Reviews for Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition

By Ismail A

Jan 31, 2021

I really enjoyed it. This course helped me so much to have a theoretical and practical insight into the approaches and strategies for teaching English.

By Danae C A A

During this course I could covered many important topics for my lessons. I think that is a good option from who wants to improve their teaching skills!

By Susana C d S G M M

Mar 18, 2019

Essential course to take if you want to have your classes meeting its purpose, being preparing students for exams, communication or cultural awareness.

By Muhammed E E

Dec 4, 2017

I have benefited greatly from the approaches and theories of teaching English language and the information and the multiple methods in teaching English

By David S M

Nov 20, 2017

Excellent course! very didactic, it provides relevant information in a clear and simple way. I strongly recommend it, if you are thinking to teach ESL.

By Anas A

Jul 18, 2017

I really liked the course and learned a lot , you can understand every thing easily from the way they present the course from a real professional staff

By Zana A A

Oct 10, 2016

I have learned a lot from these engaging and uncomplicated videos. I'd encourage EFL teachers to do this useful course to improve their teaching style.

By Andrew N

Aug 8, 2016

A lot of effort went into making this course memorable, and it worked (even though it was a little childish)! Can complain when you learn the material!

By Asia

Mar 20, 2016

Great course! Dr. Shane Dixon is superstar!! The most joyful way to get the understanding of all the approaches to teaching English! Thank you so much!

By Ahmed N

Jan 29, 2021

The most intelligent and powerful course I've ever taken. Thanks for Coursera and all the crew also thanks a million for Dr.Shane for his instructions

By David B

Mar 20, 2020

This was a great introduction to different theories. I love the Teach English Now series. ASU has really made a good name for itself with this series.

By Juanita J

Jan 20, 2020

enjoyed the engagement and information provided during the class. The presenters are lighthearted and comical and adds to the materials comprehension.

By Christian N L M

Dec 14, 2018

I am a student of pedagogy and finding this course especially the second is a great opportunity to learn more about teaching methods in the classroom.

By Adriana O G

Apr 7, 2016

I loved this course. I loved the videos, I learned a lot from them. Dr. Dixon is an excellent teacher. The content of this course was awesome! Thanks!

By Ezekiel C

Aug 15, 2020

Learning from the course is very easy! The video lessons and readings are very comprehensive. Thanks Coursera and ASU for this wonderful opportunity!

By SAYED K A A

Oct 12, 2019

THANKS A MILLION YOU ARE JUST AWESOME PROFESSORS.

I REALLY LEARN FROM YOU A LOT, I HOPE ONE DAY I AM THE SAME AS YOU ARE,

MUCH APPRECIATION,

SAYED KADRY

By Ayman M

Sep 26, 2017

The course is very useful and contains a lot of information. I would like to thank our tutors, editors and everyone who makes this course successful.

By ABDELMAJID E

Oct 22, 2019

This is the best course that explains and demonstrates the eight theories of second language acquisition. I really enjoyed learning from the videos.

By Ann D

Feb 2, 2019

Wow, another great course in the series Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition. Great exercise and modelling. I learned a lot.

By Tamara A

Jul 26, 2016

What a wonderful way to learn the history of what we do as language teachers. I enjoyed every video and the articles were wonderful also. Thank you.

By Elaine T

Aug 31, 2020

One of my favourite courses and would highly recommend. Excellent learning materials and tutors. This one is a must. Very interesting all round.

By Ashgan A E

Jun 14, 2020

I'd like to thank everyone contributes to give such amazing outcome of these videos. This course was very fruitful, helped me , and opened my mind.

By Svyatogor K

Jan 9, 2021

It's an amazing course! I'm so glad that I've completed the course. If you are a language teacher you have to enroll in it, you won't t regret it!

By Mariana A

Aug 19, 2018

I am a Spanish teacher, I really enjoyed the course. It was a good refresher of all the theories I had learnt in my credential program. Thank you.

By Shirley C E

Jul 31, 2017

Great course! It provided me with a host of ideas that I can use in my classroom. I will recommend this course to all second language instructors.