Back to Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition by Arizona State University

In this course learners are introduced to second or foreign language theories and practices for teaching and assessing listening, speaking, and pronunciation. Learners will also be introduced to basic studies in second language acquisition and their pedagogical implications. Teachers will be invited to recognize the importance of grounding their own teaching philosophy through an examination of purpose, content, and technique....
Highlights
Applicable teachings
(121 Reviews)
Creatively designed course
(270 Reviews)

AA
Jun 21, 2021

Interesting courses! I am learning a lot. Thank you very much Coursera. I have just completed course 2 and been delivered a certificate but I just can't access my new course. What should I do, please?

NZ
Jun 10, 2018

I'm really enjoying this course. I'm about half way through. I'm looking forrward to how the various courses in this series take me farther and farther into language learning theories and techniques.

426 - 450 of 1,654 Reviews for Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition

By Hee-Jung L 이

Aug 12, 2020

Thank you so much for your organized and elaborated lectures. I learned a lot about theories of language learning which I longed for.

By Cerise A

Mar 7, 2020

In depth, informative, and a wonderful background to enable teachers to develop their own teaching philosophy, and teaching practice.

By Anas T M

Jul 13, 2019

Really enjoyed learning in this course. It helped me develop a deeper understanding of the history of language teaching and learning.

By Mariia P

Oct 15, 2017

I really LOVED this course! It was very easy to get the information and to do tests with special tasks. I'm greatful to ASU for this!

By MAURICIO C T

Jan 22, 2019

F A N T A S T I C ! Intereting, cativating, motivating, estimulating all in gerund. Very good explanations from Professor Dr.Shawn.

By Mustafa A

Jan 7, 2018

very interesting and easy to be understood course, I gained a lot of information and ways if teaching during the time of studying it

By Hajra J

Oct 17, 2021

It really helped me understanding the history of English Linguistic Theories. The videos and assignments were super understandable.

By Aminah B

Aug 1, 2020

Fantastic course that will help you learn the differences between major language approaches throughout history. I highly recommend!

By Lola C

Feb 19, 2018

A great course! They managed to present not too engaging information (useful, though) in a very engaging and memorable way!!!

Great!

By Hassan R R

Jan 18, 2018

it was a really helpful course for me and I would recommend this course to all who want to be aware of how to teach their students.

By Julieth

Jan 17, 2016

I have learned so many important and interesting things and I am only getting to the third week. I am very happy I enrolled here :)

By 艳舞贾

Apr 10, 2021

Thanks for this great course, the professors are so good at teaching and they really make this course fun to learn at. Thank you!

By Jody T

Nov 30, 2020

I enjoyed learning the different language learning theories over the years. It helped to put the teaching of language in context.

By Simone B R

Nov 27, 2016

What a great experience! I am in love with the course and so many knowledge! Thank you very much to all the teachers and mentors!

By Tracy J

Jan 6, 2016

The team is wonderful at teaching how to teach English! Not a single minute of the course is boring or tiresome. Very motivating!

By mai s

Oct 9, 2021

Hats off to Dr. Shane for being the greatest authentic material we have and for making all of these an easier path for everyone.

By Rena G

Nov 29, 2020

I liked the course very very much. I adore dr. Shane. I laughed and was amazed a lot and learned a lot. Thank youuuuu DR. SHANE!

By Süleyman S Ç

It has been a really rewarding course, I regret not getting it before. It has broadened my horizon on my teaching. Thanks a lot.

By Luthfi N S

I learned about this an entire semester at the campus, yet I gained nothing. In this course, I gained everything in just 3 days.

By Kyi K S

Nov 4, 2018

I do appreciate to attend this course as I have learnt valuable approaches throughout history. Thank you for giving me a chance.

By Adam A

Apr 13, 2018

Instructors need to tone it down with the cheery attitude, but other than that good course. Some instructions should be clearer.

By Rachel J B

Nov 1, 2016

It truly helps me better understand myself and hone in on my strength for development and weaknesses for improvement! Thank you!

By Ashley D

Oct 3, 2021

This second section of TEN! was harder than the first section! But very informative and useful. Thanks so much for the content.

By Suman R

Jul 17, 2021

This part of the course was informative. The angel vs the devil debate made me question the efficcay of my teaching techniques.

By Maria C T A

Apr 25, 2021

This course synthesizes the information in a great and fun way! I learnt a lot throughout all the process, thank you very much!