Back to Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition by Arizona State University

In this course learners are introduced to second or foreign language theories and practices for teaching and assessing listening, speaking, and pronunciation. Learners will also be introduced to basic studies in second language acquisition and their pedagogical implications. Teachers will be invited to recognize the importance of grounding their own teaching philosophy through an examination of purpose, content, and technique....
Highlights
Applicable teachings
(121 Reviews)
Creatively designed course
(270 Reviews)

AA
Jun 21, 2021

Interesting courses! I am learning a lot. Thank you very much Coursera. I have just completed course 2 and been delivered a certificate but I just can't access my new course. What should I do, please?

NZ
Jun 10, 2018

I'm really enjoying this course. I'm about half way through. I'm looking forrward to how the various courses in this series take me farther and farther into language learning theories and techniques.

451 - 475 of 1,654 Reviews for Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition

By John I O

Nov 16, 2020

Super informative, Kudos to Dr. Shane for the wonderful portrayal of each caricature. Learning history has never been this fun!

By Radwa A E

Jun 13, 2018

I really got benefit contrasting to what I imagined when I studied it at first time.Thank you so much dr Shane , and dr Jesica.

By Clarise P

Nov 28, 2017

Excellent course! I enjoyed this second course of Teach English Now and I learned a lot of new approaches to language teaching.

By Jose A A C

May 5, 2017

This course give more tools and resources to be a better teacher, understatement in every approach the show us during the cours

By Noha S

Feb 7, 2017

It was wonderful learning how approaches we use in class came about and knowing where the techniques we use in class originated

By Kurylina N

Dec 16, 2020

Knowledgeble module about different approaches of teaching. Dr.Shawn is a great actor!!!!! Was really interesting to watch it.

By Amelia R S

Oct 7, 2019

This course will really help me to understand more about the teaching approach and the usage as a future educator of language.

By Marta I V

Jan 1, 2021

It was a very good course. I remimd all the ideas about approaches in the process of teaching a new language. Thanks so much.

By Anthony C A

Nov 24, 2020

For me, it is a very useful tool in teaching and also a good opportunity and part for boosting language teaching credentials.

By Synthia H

Sep 27, 2020

This course is very helpful. I enjoyed it after having approved the course 1 of this series. Instructors are very engaging.

By Addie S

Sep 25, 2016

The curriculum in this second course allowed me to reflect on which approaches I see most fitting for my students and myself.

By Aaron A

Apr 30, 2016

i love "teach english now". It's interesting and effective. Teachers are very carefully to do this courses.Thank you so much

By Maxine M N

Nov 23, 2017

This was course was not only informative, it was really enjoyable! I love the lecturers and how the concepts were presented.

By Pushkar O

Jul 25, 2017

Very usefull course! The classes well taught by the Teachers.

I really enjoyed it! I can recommend it without hesitation.

By Anna_Bibikova

Mar 23, 2016

This course is very undestandable, colorful, more than memorable!

Still iy has very rich content. It's great! Great! Great!

By Harshwardhan S

Aug 23, 2021

Dr. Shane Dixon, you're just awesome. I have become fan of yours sir. Along with teaching, you're excellent at acting also.

By KIYINGI I

Nov 19, 2019

Great theories that I learned. 8 of them from 1980...... great thanks a lot that I promise using them in my daily teaching.

By Pippa J

Jul 12, 2019

Well presented and interesting way of giving information about the different theories. I have learnt a great deal! Thanks.

By Elemar K

Jul 5, 2018

Understanding the history of the approaches gives you a better perspective how to use the different approaches effectively.

By Asmaa S

Aug 26, 2016

excellent course I found my self using several teaching strategies without knowing what it is now I do know a lot about it.

By Karina L V M

Nov 12, 2020

Well well well this course. Is very important speaking, reading of the differents approaches. The true, I love the course.

By JUDITH C O

Jul 29, 2020

Great course! I really learn a lot I am excited to shate my learnings to my students. The professors are great as well! <3

By Şahitap E

Jul 1, 2020

it was really beneficial and enjoyable time with you and I am so appriciated to take this amazng course so thank u so much

By Dang N Q

May 2, 2019

This module is awesome. It helps a lot in comprehending learning process that is important for selecting teaching methods.

By Roberto C

Jul 17, 2016

Really good course.

Everything really good summarized, explained and.... funny! that may be the best point to learn faster.