Back to Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition by Arizona State University

In this course learners are introduced to second or foreign language theories and practices for teaching and assessing listening, speaking, and pronunciation. Learners will also be introduced to basic studies in second language acquisition and their pedagogical implications. Teachers will be invited to recognize the importance of grounding their own teaching philosophy through an examination of purpose, content, and technique....
Highlights
Applicable teachings
(121 Reviews)
Creatively designed course
(270 Reviews)

AA
Jun 21, 2021

Interesting courses! I am learning a lot. Thank you very much Coursera. I have just completed course 2 and been delivered a certificate but I just can't access my new course. What should I do, please?

NZ
Jun 10, 2018

I'm really enjoying this course. I'm about half way through. I'm looking forrward to how the various courses in this series take me farther and farther into language learning theories and techniques.

476 - 500 of 1,657 Reviews for Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition

By JUDITH C O

Jul 29, 2020

Great course! I really learn a lot I am excited to shate my learnings to my students. The professors are great as well! <3

By Şahitap E

Jul 1, 2020

it was really beneficial and enjoyable time with you and I am so appriciated to take this amazng course so thank u so much

By Dang N Q

May 2, 2019

This module is awesome. It helps a lot in comprehending learning process that is important for selecting teaching methods.

By Roberto C

Jul 17, 2016

Really good course.

Everything really good summarized, explained and.... funny! that may be the best point to learn faster.

By Livio I C G

Mar 8, 2016

Amazing course, the characterizations of the approaches were great and the explanations simple but direct, so I loved it.!

By Venkata R M

Oct 29, 2020

It is one of the finest courses which I have learned. it has given me a good insight into the History of Teaching Methods

By Yehia B

May 8, 2020

This was really fruitful to understand the history of teaching theories and their application in classes through the past

By Mikhail K

Jan 21, 2017

This is a great course! Thanks to Jessica and Shane for help, ASU for the course, and Coursera for a convenient platform!

By Michael W

Feb 14, 2016

When you have someone with so many talents - at the nexus of education and entertainment - you're sure to enjoy learning.

By Javier C

Dec 11, 2020

Fue interesante conocer como los differentes approaches han cambiado atraves del tiempo buscando un enfoque comunicativo

By Alberto S

Jul 10, 2020

a really useful and interesting course to understand the bases and foundations of current language teaching universe

By Amira C

Apr 10, 2020

This course has broadened my knowledge of language teaching theories and has inspired me with many ideas. I am grateful.

By Carlos G H C

Sep 15, 2019

Excellent pedagogues explaining the theory of English teaching through scientific documentation of language acquisition.

By Anh L

Oct 20, 2021

This course is amazing!!! I have learned a lot of new things. Everyone is very friendly and I really enjoy myself here.

By Elías O E

Jun 15, 2020

Excellent course, great material, and dynamic professors. Thank you so much for your teaching, enthusiasm, and support!

By Diogo M K B

Apr 13, 2020

Excellent course. I could reflect on language teaching and to expand upon the discussions and reading I had in college.

By Dream C

Jul 11, 2020

Incredibly interesting and helpful course for me! Exactly what I was looking for. Every video is high-quality variety.

By Ayesha C

May 6, 2021

A wide plethora of information presented in a beautiful manner with lots of practical examples,reading materials etc.

By Chernova E

Sep 29, 2019

Very interesting course! I really appreciate all the effort and great talents that are the very core of the lessons.

By Anna M C

Jan 19, 2018

Very professional and useful course. Thank you for this opportunity to attend this course! Best regards from Poland:)

By Ishita M

Oct 10, 2017

A very informative course, designed with a lot of creativity and effort ! Learned a good many things in just 6 weeks!

By Luis R B P

Dec 20, 2020

This course is very useful for people who are studying modern languages, the videos and materials are very didactic.

By Arzu M

Sep 17, 2020

It is really funny to hear approaches in that way. Thank u Dr. Shane u are the most funniest teacher in the world :)

By Minjeong B

Apr 23, 2020

It's really useful course for me!!

I would like recommend this if you want to get professional teaching English skill