Back to Conversations That Inspire: Coaching Learning, Leadership and Change

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Conversations That Inspire: Coaching Learning, Leadership and Change by Case Western Reserve University

Coaching can inspire and motivate people to learn, change, and be effective leaders, among other roles in life. Although most attempts are “coaching for compliance” (coaching someone to your wishes or expectations), decades of behavioral and neuroscience research show us that “coaching with compassion” (coaching someone to their dreams and desires) is more effective....

SY

Dec 01, 2018

I really loved this course and I learned so much. Although it took me awhile to read the papers and articles, it was well worth it. I use it for my trainings and workshops! Thank you!

SD

Jul 30, 2018

This was a wonderful course! Great opportunity to put learning into practice; the practical application of coaching skills in a real world environment was a huge benefit

76 - 94 of 94 Reviews for Conversations That Inspire: Coaching Learning, Leadership and Change

By John W

Apr 19, 2016

Good course, gave it four rather than five starts because:

The discussion boards were too prescriptive which did not lead to any open discussions.

The videos referred to course material that was not always there.

On the plus side, I found the course material useful and well structured. The personal journal was an essential part of the course and it should be emphasized as such. Without it I would not have learnt as much.

By Aniceto P y M

Jul 17, 2017

Absolutely inspiring course. I'd added some practice, some guides to coach. Anyway, the thinking behind this is very positive. And I was very surprised to read cited Barbara Fredrikson, whose course I attended a few weeks ago. This course and Barbara's one are completely in sync. Congratulations an Thanks you very much for this magnificent and positive course

By Shalini S

May 07, 2020

I found this program concise and inspiring. The program provides a reasonable understanding of most important factors or the foundational aspects of coaching. I think contents of the program inspire you to gain further expertise yet not enough to start practising coaching.

By Andy K

May 09, 2017

Generally speaking a good, solid and inspirational course with interesting aspects about how to coach. Valuable inputs at any time. The only thing, that the Learning Journal does not match the instructions (page numbers), but this seems to be under rev

By Mary J R

Jun 02, 2020

The explanation about how we think is evidence-based and scientifically explained. This course would really equip you in your practice and would provide you hindsight with how to deal with certain situations.

By Shiaw-Ling L

Jun 07, 2016

Very informative, balanced, and has great scientific content supporting the coaching lessons. Top notch on content, but could use more interactive systems and more dynamic lesson practices.

By Kathleen G

Jun 25, 2020

The content and exercises were helpful and thought provoking. Increases our awareness of the building blocks necessary to enact and sustain positive change.

By Antony M

Oct 05, 2020

It was really interesting! I really liked the theoretical background that was provided. A tip for improvement: more coaching tools could be provided.

By Dr. S M

Jun 01, 2020

A+ for course content, quality of professors and D - for the quantum of peer review assignments and not many peers to review your assignments

By Jia X

Jun 29, 2016

Excellent, was very practical and useful for immediate everyday application

By sook h p

Jan 15, 2020

This lesson gave me a framework to why and what enableing people to change

By Sorayun

Oct 29, 2016

Little hard because of lots of discussion session.

By Sheena B

Mar 14, 2017

I loved this course! There was so much to learn!

By Supatchaya

Jun 07, 2016

Very useful and inspiring! <3

By María d C O R

Apr 16, 2017

¡Muy bueno!

By Kevin L

Jul 08, 2017

The course material is good, and in many ways doesn't dive into areas adequately. I provided comments within the course feedback about these areas, and don't want to repeat them here.

At some point along the way of creating on line course material it seems someone thought that side angles of the speakers was a good idea. I would agree it's good, if the speaker then turns toward the new camera angle, but having the speaker still look at the original camera is simply distracting. Take a look at a few thousand news clips if that would be helpful, and see if the speaker is ever filmed not looking into the camera.

Last, this course was initially set up with an unannounced three-week, peer-review assignment at week four. That has been corrected with a step-by-step, weekly peer review assignment. It's a bit much on the peer reviews, but it's better. I already commented that the expected and graded components of each weekly coaching assignment should be laid out for each week so the students know what they will be graded on . . . and that each week with a client may progress at a different rate than the expected review.

By Roxanne R N

Mar 31, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. It challenges you to develop and become proficient in your coaching techniques. This is vital for those who in mentoring or even in leadership positions. I would recommend this course.

By Fichtberger O

Jan 03, 2017

I am really sorry that a course with such a good content is ruined by the unrealistic assignement of week 4. That assignment will at least take 6 weeks to do and that should naturally lead to course length of 10 or 11 weeks which would be realistic. So if you pay money for it, start the course and do it till week 4, than pause and do the assignment and restart at a later date in order to comply to the necessary tasks. The creators of this course did not react to our cries of help within a week. Poor support from them - the coursera team tried to help but obviously in vain. What I learnt for future courses: I will look into the detail of every assingment before starting and paying. Unfortunately in some courses you can´t even look into the assignments when you haven´t paid. This should be changed. Because I consider it a trick to lure someone into an interesting course and then making it impossible to finish it in the given timeframe. Not being able to see what will be demanded prior to paying may also be a coursera policy problem. So maybe there is a better platform than coursera that lets you to be clear of what is ahead of you. For a learner this is of great value: honesty, transparency and realistic information - because I have to plan and schedule how much time I can take for learning!

By Isabela d C

Dec 12, 2016

the course is designed in a way you can not accomplished or get certificate on the proposed timeframe. It was very disappointing to pay for certification and not be able to get it due to issues with the course developers ( a lack of understanding of how coursera works, it's clear they did not care to adapt to a 5 week course) and peer reviewed activities proposed that took over 6 weeks to get done. (further to the course timeframe) The assistance from developers was too poor and never sought to find solutions, which is very strange in a course for coaching. Not the mention video quality that is scary, I could not watch the videos, and preferred to study by reading the transcriptions.