Back to First Step Korean

Learner Reviews & Feedback for First Step Korean by Yonsei University

PW
May 27, 2021

useful course for fundamental learners. Everyone can take this course easily.\n\nthe instructor gives me good teaching and more information.\n\nI can basically talk to Korean after finished the class.

AN

51 - 75 of 8,590 Reviews for First Step Korean

By Lidia C M F

Aug 1, 2020

Excellent course! I learned a lot and I hope to speak fluently and visit South Korea someday. Thank you Professor, Seung Hae Kang and Yonsei University!

By Штурмин С В

Dec 15, 2018

Acctually I started learning korean language months before, but this course gives me more information. It was very useful to practice my pronunciation.

By Leonisa C M

Mar 24, 2021

Very useful course. Lessons were designed perfectly to facilitate comprehension of the lessons especially for beginners.

Thank you very much.

By Snow M

Jun 11, 2021

t​hank you yonsei for having me . and special thanks to my very first korean teacher Seung Hae Kang . Without you i can't make it :)

By Natalia O

Feb 3, 2021

Increíble las oportunidades que se dan en esta plataforma, muy didáctico y traducido para en este caso mi lengua materna.

By ERICA C C

Jun 15, 2020

Me pareció un curso muy bien estructurado, con los elementos necesarios para un primer acercamiento a la lengua Coreana.

By Noelia C

Apr 22, 2020

Es mi primer curso online y me ha gustado mucho. No se ha hecho pesado y los contenidos están muy bien presentados

By Esther A R

Jul 13, 2018

That's awesome, I realy learn and understand so much, I hope more lessons or another course like this

By Jairylle M C B

Jul 26, 2020

Excellent for first step Korean language. Hoping and looking forward for a next level course offer.

By Liliana V

Sep 3, 2020

Great teaching! It is a good place to start for a beginner. I think I have learnt a lot. 감사합니다!

By Luz C E G

Jul 14, 2019

Excelentes explicaciones y pronunciación. Me gustarían más temas, aunque son bastante variados.

By Evelyn D

Feb 7, 2021

Aprendi mucho, lo recomiendo totalmente si quieres saber lo basico del idioma coreano

By Patricia

Nov 30, 2018

¡Muy chévere el curso! Me motivó a continuar estudiando el idioma coreano. ¡Gracias!

By fernanda g

Feb 7, 2021

Da muy buenas explicacione y los test son muy buenos es el mejor curso

By Miss. W W

Jul 26, 2020

Really good caurse for beginners like me.

By Pinyarat T

May 4, 2020

너무 감사합니다. 지금 처는 한국어를 알겠습니다. 열심히하겠습니다. ^_^

By 横山纯一

Jan 23, 2020

非常喜欢学习语言,这是我学习韩语的第一步!有时间将会继续学习!谢谢延世大学!

By Andrea L

Dec 5, 2018

Un curso muy completo y que recomiendo

By Henry

Jul 26, 2020

Great for learning basic Korean!

By Thinzar W L

Mar 24, 2021

easy to understand

By Carolain G

Dec 11, 2018

Excelente!!

By Debi

Feb 25, 2016

It is a very good course for everyone to learn basic of Korean. For me who have learned Korean by read Korean lesson book somehow this course not give much thing to learn.

GRAMMAR (5/5)

This course is good because it give me more insight about Korean grammar (difference between normal. formal, and informal speech; the using of 예요/ 이에요, 이/가, etc).

THE TEACHER (5/5)

She explain clearly and give some exercise in the video to make us practice. I like the method.

VOCABULARY (3/5)

There were not much vocabulary in the course. I hope Yonsei University would add more new vocabulary in the course.

TEST/ ASSIGNMENT (3/5)

I've taken another language online course at another site that similar to Coursera. That site's assignments more complex than this course's given. This site only test our reading and listening but there were not speaking aspect that scored here. And I wish you will add writing aspect to the course.

LESSON (3/5)

The lessons those given here really simple. They were easy to understand, but I hope there will be a sequel of this course that will give us more advance lessons.

Recommendation:

- add more vocabulary,

- add speaking and writing assignment,

- a sequel of this course.

Thank you for coursera and Yonsei University for giving me an opportunity to learn Korean Language for free.

By Athiyya A R

Jan 4, 2021

I have learned to read and write basic korean and i am very happy with this progress. The course is easy to follow and gave a lot of information. I would love more conversations to be included in the course. I believe it will benefit a lot

By Jim B S

Jun 23, 2020

If you're a BEGINNER beginner, DO NOT TAKE THIS COURSE! This course can be really overwhelming if you don't have any background at all. I don't think that 5 weeks with this course is enough for you to learn the Korean basics. The lessons here are very hard to understand if you're a beginner with no background at all. It's all straight-up Korean dialogues with no romanization or translation at all. You would learn more and engage better if you just learn the basics by watching Youtube or using online Korean lessons. (Try websites like Talk To Me in Korean or Korean From Zero.) The lecture notes on this course though are very helpful for beginners. They're very straight forward. If you're someone who knows the basics of Korean writing, reading and grammar, this is a good refresher course but it's not that very challenging in my opinion. I only learned like 3-5 new things from this course. But it's great to know that I am very confident in speaking basic Korean, especially now that I have this certificate lmao. I only gave three stars because I wasn't really challenged but also it will be way too hard for beginners to understand the lessons. For beginners, you have to find your learning style especially when you are studying a new language. You have to use your creativity to easily memorize the alphabet, the grammar, etc. The lectures and teaching style here are way too straight forward with no creativity at all so it'll be difficult for you guys to understand or be motivated to learn.

By Patrick F

Oct 29, 2020

I have two concerns with the organization of the course. My first concern is that the "review" lessons at the end of each unit were not actually review; most of the time, they were simply additional new content that was added. While this was not a major detriment, it did mean there is functionally no review at the end of each unit. My second issue is with the quizzes. Even the final quiz (lesson 4 of unit 5) still had questions where we were essentially being asked if we understood "yes/네" and "no/아니요". The questions on the quizzes usually required very little testing of the concepts we had just learned, and almost every single quiz had a question where the only difference between the two answers was "yes" or "no" being at the beginning.