Back to Learning How to Learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Learning How to Learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects by McMaster University

This course gives you easy access to the invaluable learning techniques used by experts in art, music, literature, math, science, sports, and many other disciplines. We’ll learn about the how the brain uses two very different learning modes and how it encapsulates (“chunks”) information. We’ll also cover illusions of learning, memory techniques, dealing with procrastination, and best practices shown by research to be most effective in helping you master tough subjects. Using these approaches, no matter what your skill levels in topics you would like to master, you can change your thinking and change your life. If you’re already an expert, this peep under the mental hood will give you ideas for: turbocharging successful learning, including counter-intuitive test-taking tips and insights that will help you make the best use of your time on homework and problem sets. If you’re struggling, you’ll see a structured treasure trove of practical techniques that walk you through what you need to do to get on track. If you’ve ever wanted to become better at anything, this course will help serve as your guide. This course can be taken independent of, concurrent with, or prior to, its companion course, Mindshift. (Learning How to Learn is more learning focused, and Mindshift is more career focused.) To join the fully translated Portuguese version of the course, visit: https://www.coursera.org/learn/aprender To join the fully translated Spanish version of the course, visit: https://www.coursera.org/learn/aprendiendo-a-aprender To join the fully translated Chinese version of the course, visit: https://www.coursera.org/learn/ruhe-xuexi...

GA

Jul 21, 2017

Really useful insights had been provided by this course. No price can be put on this valuable resource. It's beyond anything valuable. Thank you very much for making this course. God Bless Everyone :)

OM

Apr 29, 2016

Great course. Took it since it was the most popular MOOC on coursera,. Have started using a few of the techniques and they are very effective. Highly recommended no matter who you are and what you do.

251 - 275 of 12,910 Reviews for Learning How to Learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects

By Mohammed M M A

Feb 04, 2019

very good course it helps you to understand your brain and how to use it perfectly

By Bas A

Feb 05, 2019

A very interesting and refreshing course. It learned me, to look at a different way to studying. Thinks I have to change to become a better student.

I already practice the things I learned, and it certainly improved my studying already.

By Martin P

Feb 05, 2019

Good course, easy to follow. Taught me skills which I found instantly useful. Wish I had studied this topic many years ago.

By Hari

Feb 05, 2019

Excellent course! Every body should take it. I wish I had read this when I was in college. I seem to have been using only my focus mode all along. I am looking forward to using the the tools that I learnt from this course! Thanks Dr Barbara Oakley and the other professors!

By Gabriel A M

Feb 05, 2019

really good for understanding how our brain works and how we can turn things in our favor

By Elif Ö K

Feb 06, 2019

This course not only taught me the functional techniques of learning tough subjects, but also helped me understand the scientific process which my brain passes through while learning.

By Teemu P

Feb 06, 2019

Thank you! This course gave me the understanding that I CAN learn - with right attitude and techniques!

By Enjutsu

Feb 06, 2019

I liked it, seems useful

By Vladimir

Jan 26, 2019

Very inspiring

By Jatin d

Jan 26, 2019

A must go through course.amazing journey with barb.

By Eva P

Feb 07, 2019

BEST INVESTMENT EVER

By Vishak.pm

Feb 07, 2019

An incredible course. To be enrolled who wants to learn

By Mntungwa H

Nov 20, 2018

The course is amazing! Professionally taught, and supported with good evidence (both anecdotal and empirical)!

By Serge B

Nov 22, 2018

This course is what every student needs before starting their education!

By Anna

Nov 20, 2018

Great course, really like learning. It will be helpful not only for students but for after graduate too.

Nov 20, 2018

Great & usefuul course for any age

By Allan

great learns

By Rodrigo C M

Nov 20, 2018

Really makes the difference for those who need to change their minds about what can they learn or achieve. Makes you understand with simple words how your brain actually works and what can you do to get the most out of it, also gives you the topics so you can continue learn about the techniques of your interest.

By Yael S M

Nov 21, 2018

I've learned a lot, Prof. Oakley is an incredible lecturer, I've enjoyed every minute of learning!

By Alexander

Nov 20, 2018

It's very powerful tool in getting more knowledge

By 徐逸飞

Nov 22, 2018

So much thanks. I'll learn to do more and help more other persons.

By Marko P

Nov 21, 2018

This course has taught me a valuable life lesson. A must-take.

By Boris

Nov 21, 2018

Very good course, essential for further learning.

By Abdelhak E O

Nov 07, 2018

very good course

By Matěj V

Nov 06, 2018

Really good course, thank you very much.