Back to Learning How to Learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Learning How to Learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects by McMaster University

This course gives you easy access to the invaluable learning techniques used by experts in art, music, literature, math, science, sports, and many other disciplines. We’ll learn about the how the brain uses two very different learning modes and how it encapsulates (“chunks”) information. We’ll also cover illusions of learning, memory techniques, dealing with procrastination, and best practices shown by research to be most effective in helping you master tough subjects. Using these approaches, no matter what your skill levels in topics you would like to master, you can change your thinking and change your life. If you’re already an expert, this peep under the mental hood will give you ideas for: turbocharging successful learning, including counter-intuitive test-taking tips and insights that will help you make the best use of your time on homework and problem sets. If you’re struggling, you’ll see a structured treasure trove of practical techniques that walk you through what you need to do to get on track. If you’ve ever wanted to become better at anything, this course will help serve as your guide. This course can be taken independent of, concurrent with, or prior to, its companion course, Mindshift. (Learning How to Learn is more learning focused, and Mindshift is more career focused.) To join the fully translated Portuguese version of the course, visit: https://www.coursera.org/learn/aprender To join the fully translated Spanish version of the course, visit: https://www.coursera.org/learn/aprendiendo-a-aprender To join the fully translated Chinese version of the course, visit: https://www.coursera.org/learn/ruhe-xuexi...

MI

Oct 03, 2015

This is an amazing class. It makes my professional life easy as well as my personal life. Everybody should take this class, and also the teachers are brilliant about all subjects that we see in class.

EA

Apr 29, 2017

This was a great course! I learned a number of different techniques and strategies for learning more effectively that I can't wait to implement in my studies. I highly recommend Learning How to Learn.

76 - 100 of 12,979 Reviews for Learning How to Learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects

By Caela C

Jan 28, 2019

Who knew learning could be fun?! I have been out of school for 20 years now and this was a great course to take to ease myself back in.

By N V L

Excellent course

By CarlosMogrovejo

Jan 28, 2019

A stellar course, I have no regrets taking it and I am very happy with what I learned!

By Wesley J P

Jan 28, 2019

This course provided helpful practical guidance and implementation of effective learning techniques.

By Andrew W

Jan 29, 2019

Great course and, as a teacher, has given me scientific basis for the teaching methods we use in class.

By Ahmad N H

Jan 28, 2019

Reading the book at the same time is great and made the course very easy to understand. Thank you dear Barbara Oakley and Terry.

By Kim P

Jan 27, 2019

I am a high school teacher, and I learned so much more than I thought I would. Thank you.

By Maxim F

Jan 27, 2019

This is a great course for EVERYONE, who is willing to live a BETTER life. Thank you SO much.

By Симкина Е И

Jan 28, 2019

Very informative and super useful!

By Tatsiana S

Jan 28, 2019

This course is really beneficial! I am so amazed that every statement here is based on proven scientific facts. And we can use every piece of knowledge from this course in our real life. I could not stop to return to this video day by day until I finished. It is really the first course on Coursera I have completed. I appreciate authors amazing work and look forward to Part II.

By Maxim P

Jan 29, 2019

This course is short and simple yet extremely powerful! It is definitely worth your time.

By Thomas v H

Jan 29, 2019

This is a basic skill for life. Everyone should learn this! How to learn any other skill and avoid procrastination.... Amazing!

By Кучер А Д

Jan 27, 2019

Very good and usefull course!

By RAJ W

Jan 14, 2019

Of of the best courses that i did. Both the instructors are amazing. Thank you so much.

By Monica J

Jan 16, 2019

Wonderful course to understand how to build sessions for different learners, what to incorporate in learning for maximising learning. From a student perspective I think a lot of what we have done in school but forget to do as adult learners, that we still need to be the child when it comes to learning

By MUHAMMAD A

Jan 15, 2019

An excellent course . Techniques are very useful which include in course.

By Weiyong X

Jan 14, 2019

This course is very helpful. I should really start applying these techniques to my own learning!

By Lin J

很赞,改变了自己对学习的很多看法,能够让自己更好地,更有效率地安排时间和进行学习。

By idani m

Jan 15, 2019

Il est très bien ce cours, j'ai eu des conseils pour stimuler ma mémoire et éviter la procrastination.

By Daniela D

Jan 15, 2019

This course gave me a new perspective on how to approach learning anything new from now on. Would have loved to have been aware of the concepts and ideas discussed in these chapters while I was still in school!

By Amr E

Jan 16, 2019

Amazing and useful course..it’s really help me

By Mohamed S M A H

Jan 14, 2019

I like it too much it is very helpful material ....thank you

By Vsevolod K

Powerful mental tools!

By Charlotte R

Jan 16, 2019

Great course! Fun and easy to work into my schedule with a lot of great tools for learning.

By Zach H

Jan 14, 2019

This course does something that I think every education system should use as a hard foundation to their teaching philosophy, it teaches people how to learn effectively and efficiently. It is incredibly frustrating that in my 18+ years as a student through primary education and on to graduate levels, I was never meaningfully taught how to study for myself but this course has done an outstanding job of doing just that. This should be required learning for every education system.