Back to Learning How to Learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Learning How to Learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects by McMaster University

This course gives you easy access to the invaluable learning techniques used by experts in art, music, literature, math, science, sports, and many other disciplines. We’ll learn about the how the brain uses two very different learning modes and how it encapsulates (“chunks”) information. We’ll also cover illusions of learning, memory techniques, dealing with procrastination, and best practices shown by research to be most effective in helping you master tough subjects. Using these approaches, no matter what your skill levels in topics you would like to master, you can change your thinking and change your life. If you’re already an expert, this peep under the mental hood will give you ideas for: turbocharging successful learning, including counter-intuitive test-taking tips and insights that will help you make the best use of your time on homework and problem sets. If you’re struggling, you’ll see a structured treasure trove of practical techniques that walk you through what you need to do to get on track. If you’ve ever wanted to become better at anything, this course will help serve as your guide. This course can be taken independent of, concurrent with, or prior to, its companion course, Mindshift. (Learning How to Learn is more learning focused, and Mindshift is more career focused.) To join the fully translated Portuguese version of the course, visit: https://www.coursera.org/learn/aprender To join the fully translated Spanish version of the course, visit: https://www.coursera.org/learn/aprendiendo-a-aprender To join the fully translated Chinese version of the course, visit: https://www.coursera.org/learn/ruhe-xuexi...

AK

Aug 18, 2017

It was a wonderful journey of learning how to learn. Simple and effective. Wish i had come across something like this a little early in life. But better late than never. Keep up the good work. Thanks.

JS

Aug 14, 2017

I really appreciate the time these guys invested in this course and am willing to take it again if they re-explain some topics in order to refresh some things that with time haven't stayed in my mind.

51 - 75 of 12,725 Reviews for Learning How to Learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects

By Hilman S

Dec 04, 2018

i'ts a really great course because it has a lot of practical thing that you can try immediately in your learning. It makes me really want to make deliberate practice into my habit

By Isabela P d C

Dec 04, 2018

Muito objetivo, transformador e reflexivo.

By 张正熙

Dec 03, 2018

Very useful and thought-provoking

By Daniel d

Dec 03, 2018

Excellent course with a lot of new ideas to become a better learner.

By karim k s

Great

By Srini S

Dec 05, 2018

Fantastic course, great content and Barbara and Terry - they Rock!!

By kristen j

Dec 18, 2018

very useful course for students

By hussein a

Dec 18, 2018

It's important lesson I learned in my learning trip.

By Breno M

Dec 18, 2018

It's amazing learning about the things helpful to keep learn. I have a lot of difficult to understand and keep focus in a task, but this course help me to understand how my mind work and how I can improve my skills, develop new skills and have new goals. It was my second MOOC, I had difficul to keep the course because my time is short, I work and study at the same time, but I know it's very important this course to help me understand myself and improve my professional life and private life.

By Tomé L

Dec 19, 2018

Great content, practical insights, and actionable techniques! I totally advise everyone with the goal to learn any subject to learn how this memories are stored and how can you improve it!

By Li L

Dec 19, 2018

It's useful. It will help us to check ourselves.

By Sai C A

Dec 18, 2018

The world needs more Barbara Oakleys. Fantastic course and definitely a recommendation to anyone interested in taking any courses online. The material was amazing and wholesome enough to achieve the purpose, and Mrs Barbara's teaching style, passion and her enthusiasm moved my heart. I'm changed in the way I view learning now and I feel more ready to approach it. Her efforts in compiling this comprehensive information and additional interviews and reading/video materials were just too good. Dr Terrence was amazing and I loved everything he had to say, both together we're able to take a wholesome approach to tackling so many issues. Thank you so much for your efforts, I bet there are too many that feel the same as I do.

By Nikhil B

Dec 19, 2018

A really insightful course on learning practically.

By Gary G

Dec 18, 2018

Excellent. An absolute must.

By Andrei S

Great course

By Richard C

Dec 19, 2018

This spectacular course feeds my love of learning, and gives me another way of improving it.

By Asaf S

Dec 20, 2018

This is great course!

My biggest takeaway was how to deal with procrastination.

Enjoy it

By Mohammad H

Dec 07, 2018

I highly recommend this course to anybody wanting to learn the inner workings of their mind and how to learn properly. This course can help you in any field and any endeavor.

By Vilas J

Dec 07, 2018

Great course and really enjoyed the learning process. Inputs about brain and its working are valuable. Shall try and use the techniques in all my future studies.

By Rafael C

Dec 05, 2018

Awesome material for create better study habits and understand how our brain works so we can get the better of any situation while we are learning something new

By Othon R

Dec 06, 2018

Awesome course that helped me so much to learn about what it is learning, how to learn, the illusion of learning, what to do when i want to procrastinate and how to prepare for a test

By MAMI A

رائع

By Virgile R

Dec 05, 2018

This course was so helpful and so brilliant, thank you very much ! I have only one regret: to haven't discovered that before, but I still have time to apply all that in my everydays life :)

By Бушин О

Dec 06, 2018

Полезный и структурированный курс. Есть понимание, что может помочь в обучении, а на что просто тратишь время.