Back to Teach English Now! Lesson Design and Assessment

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teach English Now! Lesson Design and Assessment by Arizona State University

Learners will be introduced to designing lesson plans based on principles and knowledge of learning objectives, assessment plans, methods, materials, and learning activities. Learners will find and prepare appropriate teaching materials through careful analysis, adaptation and creation of professional resources. Learners will also reflect on the cohesion between lesson design and teaching philosophies....
Highlights
Enriching course content
(161 Reviews)
Great instructors
(53 Reviews)

Jan 31, 2021

What makes these courses is fun are the instructors. I love their role-playing, and they make me laugh sometimes. Not that the material is difficult, but the instructors keep things from getting dull.

RA
Jul 14, 2017

This course has an excellent structure for helping you put together a lesson plan and assessment. I love how each facet is explained so that we can see where our mistakes lie and how we can improve.

776 - 800 of 851 Reviews for Teach English Now! Lesson Design and Assessment

By Ashley R

Mar 17, 2016

By AbdulRahman H K

Oct 9, 2020

Good

By Huangzhongyong

Aug 4, 2019

Good

By Noor A

Aug 9, 2018

nice

By JUSTIN C N

Aug 14, 2017

nice

By Hoàng X T

Mar 20, 2017

good

By Emilomo A

Dec 5, 2020

Sep 21, 2018

T

By Francis Y

Jan 3, 2020

While Course 3 continues to offer theoretical insights into language teaching, students begin to put those theories into practice through lesson planning. Although I have been teaching for some time, I rarely had to make lesson plans that follow a standard format for others to understand, so it was good practice for what I should be doing more often. The course also made me look back at things I did or did not do in past lessons, so I was able to learn a few things to bring to future lessons. It was a little more time-consuming than previous courses in the series, but it was worthwhile for novice and veteran teachers alike.

By Nicole K

Apr 3, 2016

I enjoyed this course very much and have NEVER had so much fun learning. The only thing driving me nuts was that I couldn't find anything in my notes or even on the web on one of the researchers mentioned in the final test. Dumping my grade. Hated that and would have wished you'd mention something so relevant in the summary in case someone had taken wrong notes or misunderstood during lectures.

Otherwise: looking forward to working with you again!

Thank you to the whole team.

Feel free to connect or get in touch anytime. www.vegan-translator.com

All the best,

Nicole

By Paul J M

Jun 12, 2016

This is an outstanding introduction to lesson planning. It covers the subject in far more detail than did my graduate teaching course. I would have given 5 stars but still struggle a bit with the presentational style of the instructor. Don't let this put you off though as that is very much a personal opinion and the material is excellent. For those who have followed the earlier courses in the specialization, I should warn that this one is much more difficult, particularly for those without prior teaching experience, and far more practically based.

By Garth M

Nov 29, 2020

The Lesson Design and Assessment course was well worth the time and effort in that the contents was very informative and useful, especially for teachers who're English 2nd language speakers. However, section on the lesson planning was somewhat frustrating as every teacher has his/her own way of designing lesson plans according to their students needs. Not all teachers have to follow the lesson plan guidelines explained in this module as teachers sometimes have to improvise on the spot.

By Michael J S

Mar 14, 2016

Foolish quiz answers, seemingly plagiarized assignments, dead forums, in my opinion, make this a less than satisfactory specialization. Great lessons, excellent presenters, and 'sticky' information - well, that makes this course worth its' cost, and it is well worth looking into. I imagine it will become better with age - this is the first iteration so don't let my fours stars dissuade you from exploring this specialization further. I am looking forward to part 2.