Back to Teach English Now! Lesson Design and Assessment

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teach English Now! Lesson Design and Assessment by Arizona State University

Learners will be introduced to designing lesson plans based on principles and knowledge of learning objectives, assessment plans, methods, materials, and learning activities. Learners will find and prepare appropriate teaching materials through careful analysis, adaptation and creation of professional resources. Learners will also reflect on the cohesion between lesson design and teaching philosophies....
Highlights
Enriching course content
(161 Reviews)
Great instructors
(53 Reviews)

Jan 31, 2021

What makes these courses is fun are the instructors. I love their role-playing, and they make me laugh sometimes. Not that the material is difficult, but the instructors keep things from getting dull.

RA
Jul 14, 2017

This course has an excellent structure for helping you put together a lesson plan and assessment. I love how each facet is explained so that we can see where our mistakes lie and how we can improve.

101 - 125 of 889 Reviews for Teach English Now! Lesson Design and Assessment

By Arnaly A

Aug 18, 2018

Great course! It is entertaining and packed with information. It is easy to watch as the teachers took their time to design a course full of visual material, fun representations and great lectures. Thank you!

By Michele F

Jan 4, 2018

Excellent course! This one is really practical and at the end, you will have lessons that you can use in the classroom. I like how it's taught with a variety of methods and how Dr. Dixon keeps it interesting.

Jan 24, 2018

This course really taught me the importance of designing great lesson plans for my future ESL students. I am sure that I will be well-prepared to go forth in my career because of this educational experience.

By Ngwalem B N

Sep 12, 2019

I learned so much from this course. I absolutely love the step by step approach used to teach this course . I have a lot more confidence to prepare my own lesson plan , teach and know that i hit my target.

By Francisca R R

Jan 17, 2018

Excelente curso. Sin duda alguna los contenidos y las actividades presentadas son fundamentales para un buen trabajo pedagógico. Además, el curso es organizado, claro y divertido. ¡Simplemente espectacular!

By Asha J

Oct 13, 2018

Thank you for this excellent course. I enjoyed every part of it. I learnt new skills especially activities and while planning a lesson for EAL students. Instructors did a wonderful job. I was never bored.

By Evgeniya T

Aug 22, 2016

Great Course! I am learning a lot. The course material is represented very well in an interesting and engaging way. I am recommending it to anyone who wants to become a great language teacher! Thank you!

By Jana V

Aug 28, 2017

I strongly recommend this course to anyone who wants to teach (not only) languages as well as to anyone who has some teaching experience and needs to " push themselves forward". Thanks a lot !!! Jana

By Ismail m

Mar 5, 2021

The course content is so beneficial. I'm now able to make a stunning lesson plan, thanks to the effort of these amazing professors. You are building a community of good teachers of English language.

By Paloma V G

Mar 16, 2019

This is an awesome course, like all the previous ones!! This experience is being super important to me and my professional development, since TESOL is the area I am planning to follow for my career!

By Jean d D N

May 5, 2021

For sure this course has helped me think again about how I design and assess lessons! It saved me. Many thanks to all instructors. Thank you once again. Look forward to attending the next course.

By Bonnita B

Jul 30, 2020

I am enjoying these courses and learning more than I did going to classes in person when I reviewed my degree. This is the same information presented in a much more understandable way. Thank you!

By Deeksha s

Oct 16, 2020

The course has taught me the importance of Lesson Plan. Through this course, I learnt how vital is alignment in the Plan to achieve the goal. I would recommend every teacher to take this course.

By Alberto L A

Aug 20, 2019

This course is excellent from any point of view. Instructors are absolutely fantastic and very professional. I higly recommend it if you want to be an English teacher with a TESOL certification.

By Irina S

Dec 27, 2016

This was a really great and well-structured course on designing lessons! The instructions were very clear and quizzes and assignments made me think and analyize, I felt very involved. Thank you!

By Cristina S

Oct 19, 2020

A fabulous course about writing objectives and aligning objectives, learning activities, and objectives.

It is so hard to do this correctly and the course explains how.

Cristina Stern

By CARLOS M P A

Feb 22, 2016

I certainly I would encourage and recommend the TESOL specialization at Arizona State University to anyone that approach to me and is willing to improve his/her knowledge and teaching skills.

By Shirlei S G

Mar 30, 2016

In my opinion this course was easy to undertand, not because the concepts are easy, but because of the methodoly used by the teachers. That made the concepts more acessible to me and others.

By Fan X

Feb 21, 2021

I have learnt a lot from Teach English Now. Thanks so much for coursera have provided us such wonderful course. And our professors from Arizona State University, you are a amazing teacher.

By Olha S

Sep 15, 2020

This course was a great of help for me as an English teacher. I was provided with so much valuable information on how to improve language teaching and make it more digestible for learners.

By Kumiko M

Jan 20, 2021

Clear and explicit explanations and instructions on each step of lesson planning. Viewing the examples from teachers in this course was an excellent way to assess my own teaching skills.

By Anas T M

This is a great course. I learned about lesson planning step by step. I am sure this will be of great help for me in my career as a novice teacher. Thanks for those who made it possible!

By Eric T M

Aug 24, 2017

I love how the course breaks down teaching principles in simple terms and illustrations demonstrating the summation of all the theories learned on teaching English as a Second Language.

By Mardonova D A q

Oct 20, 2020

This is really great course. I learnt a lot of methods and teaching techniques with this course. Thank you all for your great work like helping English teachers from all over the world

By Oscar J B C

Jul 23, 2020

A good and useful course in the dynamics of teaching English and planning lessons. Well explained and with excellent instructors and above all very practical. I enjoyed it very much.