Back to Teach English Now! Lesson Design and Assessment

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teach English Now! Lesson Design and Assessment by Arizona State University

Learners will be introduced to designing lesson plans based on principles and knowledge of learning objectives, assessment plans, methods, materials, and learning activities. Learners will find and prepare appropriate teaching materials through careful analysis, adaptation and creation of professional resources. Learners will also reflect on the cohesion between lesson design and teaching philosophies....
Highlights
Enriching course content
(161 Reviews)
Great instructors
(53 Reviews)

Jan 31, 2021

What makes these courses is fun are the instructors. I love their role-playing, and they make me laugh sometimes. Not that the material is difficult, but the instructors keep things from getting dull.

IM
Mar 4, 2021

The course content is so beneficial. I'm now able to make a stunning lesson plan, thanks to the effort of these amazing professors. You are building a community of good teachers of English language.

101 - 125 of 947 Reviews for Teach English Now! Lesson Design and Assessment

By Crystal F

Mar 24, 2018

This class made instructional design very interesting. You create a lesson plan with the goals in mind. Very hands on. I recommend this class to anyone who needs to create lesson plans, regardless of TESOL or not.

By Hendrik W H

May 19, 2018

This is a very good, actually excellent, course and I would recommend it to anyone. I used it as a warm-up to an online MA TESOL program that I am still searching for. I hope to do the whole certificate. Henri H

By dan b

Dec 10, 2020

When Shane and Jessica act as commentators after all 3 teachers engage with each part of the LP, this is very useful and a novel way for me. I especially like when Shane said to Jessica "You said do-do" ha ha!

By Maria P

Aug 27, 2020

I finished this course. It had a level of difficulty, but was done! all the readings! lots of them!

I had fun while doing it!

Thanks ASU and Coursera!

Now I expect my CERTIFICATE and will proceed to new course!!!

By Richard H

Nov 22, 2016

Thank you very much to Shane, Jessica, and all the teachers and staff at ASU for this course and a soon to be approved TESL certificate which will validate the teaching work I have been doing in South America.

By Ramesh A

Jul 25, 2020

Thanks to Dr. Dixon and the team for the wonderful course. I enjoyed learning to design a lesson and assessment. I hope it will definitely change and teaching philosophy and lead to a successful TESOL career.

By Arnaly A

Aug 18, 2018

Great course! It is entertaining and packed with information. It is easy to watch as the teachers took their time to design a course full of visual material, fun representations and great lectures. Thank you!

By Michele F

Jan 4, 2018

Excellent course! This one is really practical and at the end, you will have lessons that you can use in the classroom. I like how it's taught with a variety of methods and how Dr. Dixon keeps it interesting.

By zeynep h

Jul 11, 2021

I think it was amazing experience for me, I have been teaching English for eight years, to remember my past courses, it was great. The instructors were great since the instruction includes role-play somehow.

Jan 24, 2018

This course really taught me the importance of designing great lesson plans for my future ESL students. I am sure that I will be well-prepared to go forth in my career because of this educational experience.

By Ngwalem B N

Sep 12, 2019

I learned so much from this course. I absolutely love the step by step approach used to teach this course . I have a lot more confidence to prepare my own lesson plan , teach and know that i hit my target.

By Francisca R R

Jan 17, 2018

Excelente curso. Sin duda alguna los contenidos y las actividades presentadas son fundamentales para un buen trabajo pedagógico. Además, el curso es organizado, claro y divertido. ¡Simplemente espectacular!

By Asha J

Oct 13, 2018

Thank you for this excellent course. I enjoyed every part of it. I learnt new skills especially activities and while planning a lesson for EAL students. Instructors did a wonderful job. I was never bored.

By Evgeniya T

Aug 22, 2016

Great Course! I am learning a lot. The course material is represented very well in an interesting and engaging way. I am recommending it to anyone who wants to become a great language teacher! Thank you!

By Jana V

Aug 28, 2017

I strongly recommend this course to anyone who wants to teach (not only) languages as well as to anyone who has some teaching experience and needs to " push themselves forward". Thanks a lot !!! Jana

By Paloma

Mar 16, 2019

This is an awesome course, like all the previous ones!! This experience is being super important to me and my professional development, since TESOL is the area I am planning to follow for my career!

By Sean R

Sep 10, 2021

A very positive experience. I was able to develop a thorough underpinning of what it takes to develop lesson plans. The feedback and sample plans were very helpful in reinforcing what I learned.

By Jean d D N

May 5, 2021

For sure this course has helped me think again about how I design and assess lessons! It saved me. Many thanks to all instructors. Thank you once again. Look forward to attending the next course.

By Bonnita B

Jul 30, 2020

I am enjoying these courses and learning more than I did going to classes in person when I reviewed my degree. This is the same information presented in a much more understandable way. Thank you!

By Deeksha s

Oct 16, 2020

The course has taught me the importance of Lesson Plan. Through this course, I learnt how vital is alignment in the Plan to achieve the goal. I would recommend every teacher to take this course.

By Alberto L A

Aug 20, 2019

This course is excellent from any point of view. Instructors are absolutely fantastic and very professional. I higly recommend it if you want to be an English teacher with a TESOL certification.

By Irina S

Dec 27, 2016

This was a really great and well-structured course on designing lessons! The instructions were very clear and quizzes and assignments made me think and analyize, I felt very involved. Thank you!

By Cristina S

Oct 19, 2020

A fabulous course about writing objectives and aligning objectives, learning activities, and objectives.

It is so hard to do this correctly and the course explains how.

Cristina Stern

By CARLOS M P A

Feb 22, 2016

I certainly I would encourage and recommend the TESOL specialization at Arizona State University to anyone that approach to me and is willing to improve his/her knowledge and teaching skills.

By Shirlei S G

Mar 30, 2016

In my opinion this course was easy to undertand, not because the concepts are easy, but because of the methodoly used by the teachers. That made the concepts more acessible to me and others.