Back to Teach English Now! Lesson Design and Assessment

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teach English Now! Lesson Design and Assessment by Arizona State University

Learners will be introduced to designing lesson plans based on principles and knowledge of learning objectives, assessment plans, methods, materials, and learning activities. Learners will find and prepare appropriate teaching materials through careful analysis, adaptation and creation of professional resources. Learners will also reflect on the cohesion between lesson design and teaching philosophies....
Highlights
Enriching course content
(161 Reviews)
Great instructors
(53 Reviews)

Jan 31, 2021

What makes these courses is fun are the instructors. I love their role-playing, and they make me laugh sometimes. Not that the material is difficult, but the instructors keep things from getting dull.

IM
Mar 4, 2021

The course content is so beneficial. I'm now able to make a stunning lesson plan, thanks to the effort of these amazing professors. You are building a community of good teachers of English language.

176 - 200 of 947 Reviews for Teach English Now! Lesson Design and Assessment

By Brenda D M

Aug 9, 2021

I have learned so much from this course. Now I have much clearer ideas how to align my teaching objectives to my goals. Thank you so much ASU and Coursera!

By Francisco R L

Aug 6, 2021

F​antastic Course. As always the teachers are simply the best. This course is very practical and to the point on what you need to know to design a lesson.

By Grace C J A

Jun 17, 2020

Very practical and hands on teaching and assignments! Love the videos that were presented. Very entertaining and engaging yet informative. Learnt so much!

By Yasin E

Feb 16, 2019

This course is very helpful and the trachers are really at their best. I want to thank especially to Dr Dixon for his lessons. Thank you ASU and Coursera.

By Anne M

Jan 26, 2021

Thank you for your effort in doing this online course. I applied right away what I've learned in our winter school here in Korea. More power to you all.

By Andrew N

Aug 8, 2016

The most interesting of all of the courses in the TESOL, I found it (to my surprise) has really made me rethink lesson planning in some ways! Excellent!

By Rachel W

Aug 2, 2019

The most valuable course I've taken as an ESL teacher to date. Course material was interesting, engaging, and helped me to improve my lessons everyday.

By Yulia L

Mar 21, 2016

Great course that gave me a new perspective on lesson planning and language teaching! Must have for teachers who want to develop their teaching skills!

By Ramazan T

Aug 26, 2020

I am really happy to participate in this Tesol Course. This course is a well-organized course. I haven't participated before like that quality course.

By Barno Z

Apr 11, 2020

Thank you for this course. I've learned a lot of useful information that I'm going to use my professional teaching skills. It was really intertaining.

By Mister R E C A

Jan 2, 2020

Such an amazing course I learned to prepare amazing lesson planning. I hope to use the skills that I have learned in my classroom with all my students

By Maria P M G

Nov 7, 2019

It has been amazing how teachers have shown the ideal lesson plan, it allows me to see how different my future students will learn English far better!

By Ammar A

Aug 30, 2017

Thank you very much for providing us with some of the most valuable information in this module. i am sure the way you deliver nobody else can do this.

By Maria F d O V

Jun 12, 2017

Planning a good lesson usually is the hardest part of teaching. This module on lesson design and assessment is a big help on rethinking our practices!

By Clarise P

Jan 15, 2018

This course was so good! I learned a lot about the correct way to plan a Lesson Plan and how to form lesson objectives. I loved doing this course! :)

By Marina H

Jan 2, 2018

A plan and an overview will increase our enjoyment of the job, will engage our students and we all know that means fewer classroom management issues.

By Yulia N

Jul 9, 2017

This course is crucial! Now I've got skills how to create the ideal lesson. Following instructions I see how my lessons are improving! It's amazing!

By LESLYN M

Oct 1, 2020

I enjoyed this course. it was very helpful in teaching me the correct way to plan an effective lesson. I really liked the videos. Very engaging.

By Olga P

Feb 9, 2017

Lesson planning from the first step till the end, really helps to incorporate all kinds of activities and design the lesson according to the logic!

By Shirley O N

Aug 22, 2019

One of the best courses i have done. Thank you my instructors. I will practice all i have learned making reference to you all and my course mates.

By Saida A

Jan 25, 2017

I prepared Lesson Plan and I am proud that I could do it with the help of the course. It was fun to evaluate peers and the topics were inspiring.

By Luis T

Mar 27, 2016

An interesting course that goes deep in the lesson planning field and how everything teachers do in class starts before even being the classroom.

By Marian B G

Jun 14, 2017

The perfect course if you've never been in touch with any educational related background. They make planning and assessment easy and appealing.

By Dorian A A A

Oct 4, 2020

Excellent courses. I have learned so much in these courses that it's unbelievable. Recommend them to anyone who wants to Teach English Nos!

By Konstantin U

Nov 25, 2018

I think your course is awesome! You guys have gone above and beyond to make something wonderful, useful and captivating! Thank you very much.