Back to Teach English Now! Lesson Design and Assessment

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teach English Now! Lesson Design and Assessment by Arizona State University

Learners will be introduced to designing lesson plans based on principles and knowledge of learning objectives, assessment plans, methods, materials, and learning activities. Learners will find and prepare appropriate teaching materials through careful analysis, adaptation and creation of professional resources. Learners will also reflect on the cohesion between lesson design and teaching philosophies....
Highlights
Enriching course content
(161 Reviews)
Great instructors
(53 Reviews)

Jan 31, 2021

What makes these courses is fun are the instructors. I love their role-playing, and they make me laugh sometimes. Not that the material is difficult, but the instructors keep things from getting dull.

IM
Mar 4, 2021

The course content is so beneficial. I'm now able to make a stunning lesson plan, thanks to the effort of these amazing professors. You are building a community of good teachers of English language.

801 - 825 of 855 Reviews for Teach English Now! Lesson Design and Assessment

By Nicole K

Apr 3, 2016

I enjoyed this course very much and have NEVER had so much fun learning. The only thing driving me nuts was that I couldn't find anything in my notes or even on the web on one of the researchers mentioned in the final test. Dumping my grade. Hated that and would have wished you'd mention something so relevant in the summary in case someone had taken wrong notes or misunderstood during lectures.

Otherwise: looking forward to working with you again!

Thank you to the whole team.

Feel free to connect or get in touch anytime. www.vegan-translator.com

All the best,

Nicole

By Paul J M

Jun 12, 2016

This is an outstanding introduction to lesson planning. It covers the subject in far more detail than did my graduate teaching course. I would have given 5 stars but still struggle a bit with the presentational style of the instructor. Don't let this put you off though as that is very much a personal opinion and the material is excellent. For those who have followed the earlier courses in the specialization, I should warn that this one is much more difficult, particularly for those without prior teaching experience, and far more practically based.

By Garth M

Nov 29, 2020

The Lesson Design and Assessment course was well worth the time and effort in that the contents was very informative and useful, especially for teachers who're English 2nd language speakers. However, section on the lesson planning was somewhat frustrating as every teacher has his/her own way of designing lesson plans according to their students needs. Not all teachers have to follow the lesson plan guidelines explained in this module as teachers sometimes have to improvise on the spot.

By Michael J S

Mar 14, 2016

Foolish quiz answers, seemingly plagiarized assignments, dead forums, in my opinion, make this a less than satisfactory specialization. Great lessons, excellent presenters, and 'sticky' information - well, that makes this course worth its' cost, and it is well worth looking into. I imagine it will become better with age - this is the first iteration so don't let my fours stars dissuade you from exploring this specialization further. I am looking forward to part 2.

By David L A

Apr 7, 2016

Initially a little misunderstanding on the differentiation needed by the overseers of the course to relate to the diverse backgrounds of the participants. Formats and personal adaptations became more mutually understood and accepted. Course ended in strong accordance. The re-enactments and vignettes are excellent!! (and goofy--on purpose). This was the strongest component of the three so far.

By GRIGOREV A

Mar 16, 2020

Writting lesson plans is a headache for some teachers and I was expecting boring explanation on how to make a good lesson plan, but instead we got quite intertaining course with good examples of how to or not to teach. But overall the course is bit difficult and it took me quite a long time to complete.

By Maria T S J

Aug 4, 2018

I learned so much in this module and realized how I was actually using and not using techniques that are important for my class. This is a must learn course for me and I would highly recommend this course to others because of the invaluable information one will get from it. Thank you teachers.

By Heidi G

Jan 25, 2021

This was good, although not as good as the previous two courses. I feel like some of it was not as well-explained as perhaps was needed. It did help, though, in determining the parts of a lesson plan, and I like that it showed examples of teachers teaching each part of a lesson plan.

By Екатерина

Jul 20, 2018

It's very helpful but I needed more feedback, which is not so much widespread among the students. I hope so much that there will be a feedback not only from the peers on the Project but from the teachers as well. Anyway, thank you for your work, I've learnt a lot through the course.

By Kathryn C

Dec 16, 2019

I think if the example videos for each section of the lesson plan had been from the same lesson it would have been easier to see how they flow into each other instead of having to imagine what each teacher had just taught and what they would be teaching next.

By Kristine W

Course content is high quality.

Peer review is frustrating and laughable. It says that you can contact ASU staff by submitting comments through the flags, but they will absolutely never answer you. No 'mentors' or 'moderators' reply in the forums either.

By Farah N

Jun 27, 2016

More narratives and examples should be there in the videos that can demonstrate explicit connection between the lesson plan templates and the lecture video talks.

By DABI F E

Feb 21, 2016

what a golden opportunity given by' almighty' coursera to train teachers to rather become professional teachers !!!.....wow coursera, you are perfectly the best .

By Christian A M R

Mar 29, 2016

It's such a nice good Course. It focuses on the essentials of Lesson Design and Assessment. As a novice English Teacher, I'd highly recommend this course.

By Yani

Sep 19, 2017

I like that the course requires the assignments to be peer-reviewed by peers because it's just like having faculty members review your work.

By Alba R S

Jun 1, 2018

Bien estructurado, aunque se agradecería que pusieran un apartado para poder comentarios a la hora de revisar el trabajo de los compañeros.

By JENNIFER O

Sep 15, 2017

The teach English Now method of online learning is very engaging and a far cry for a taking head in the screen. very well done!

By Emmanuel A

Feb 19, 2018

The lecturers were very good in the video presentations. My course mates were supportive. i am realy grateful to all.

By Mauro T

Sep 20, 2016

Not so guided as the previous ones. And this one is harder. But still great content, well organized, great teachers.

By Danielle M

Aug 2, 2017

Beautiful course that I wanted to do since sooo many years ago... happy to have found it online at a 'trusted p

By Serah

Mar 11, 2018

Dr Shane Dixon is the bomb. Com. The course is really really informative and detailed. I enjoyed ut

By Khalisha S

Nov 28, 2019

I enjoyed the course, I just wasn't too sure if I was supposed to download all of the PDFs?

By Silvia G

Aug 17, 2016

clear, well guided and inviting. Thank you for such a great work teaching teachers ;-)

By Binta

Mar 22, 2016

A well designed course that gives great information and window into better teaching

By Obinna A

Jul 24, 2018

Brilliant ideas on lesson design and assessment. it's all worth it.