Back to Teach English Now! Lesson Design and Assessment

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teach English Now! Lesson Design and Assessment by Arizona State University

Learners will be introduced to designing lesson plans based on principles and knowledge of learning objectives, assessment plans, methods, materials, and learning activities. Learners will find and prepare appropriate teaching materials through careful analysis, adaptation and creation of professional resources. Learners will also reflect on the cohesion between lesson design and teaching philosophies....
Highlights
Enriching course content
(161 Reviews)
Great instructors
(53 Reviews)

RA

Jul 15, 2017

This course has an excellent structure for helping you put together a lesson plan and assessment. I love how each facet is explained so that we can see where our mistakes lie and how we can improve.

RA

Aug 10, 2020

It's very well designed. I'm thankful to the creators of this course at Arizona State University and I'm thankful to Coursera for making it so easy for us. Thank you guys for your time and efforts.

101 - 125 of 718 Reviews for Teach English Now! Lesson Design and Assessment

By Cerise A

Apr 13, 2020

Thorough, informative, and easy to follow. I'd recommend this course, the TESOL specialisation as a whole to all teachers. It looks at Education in a modern, accessible light.

By Coral S H C

Apr 02, 2019

Actually this course was really hard hard work, and all that work was an excellent investment in my future. I really learnt something. Thank you Coursera for this opportunity!

By Keishia S

Jan 16, 2019

This course was a bit of a challenge compared to the last one. It requires you to watch videos multiple times and really pay attention. I enjoyed the work and lesson planning.

By Prasolova S I

Mar 08, 2016

This has been very helpful course for me as a beginner teacher. I have see so much "MUD" information to use in my future class. Thank you very much. You are doing great job!!!

By Jinhe Z

Aug 27, 2018

This course is very useful, I learned a lot about how to design a class and how to do the evaluation during or after the class. Thanks for interesting and specific teaching.

By Ayman M

Oct 12, 2017

This course is very useful and wonderful really. I learned many new things related to lesson plan. I really thank Dr. Shane, Jessica and everyone who is running this course.

By William L S Z

Aug 08, 2020

Simply amazing, this is the best course I have ever taken, and I have already taken a lot of them here and in other platforms but tue quality of this course is really high.

By Marjorie B M E

Aug 20, 2017

I enjoyed and even looked forward to the videos. They were enjoyable to watch and I found that the teaching methods were in line with my philosophy of teaching. Thank you!

By Jestoni E S

May 04, 2020

I learned so much in preparing and making a lesson plan, and creating a measurable and effective assessment. It's simple but its strengths lie in its simplicity! Thanks!

By Adriana G

Sep 04, 2017

It was excellent ! The materials and instructors were clear. Very creative, as always. It was a little more challenging than the previous ones. I certainly recommend it.

By Justin I R

Aug 19, 2017

This course was great at teaching the realities of everyday teaching. It was very helpful to know the history of different teaching techniques before taking this class.

By Yasmeen R K

Jun 12, 2020

It was an amazing experience for me which taught me a lot. Thanks for this amazing community. Thanks, Arizona University for this amazing effort, and Thanks Coursera!

By Carrie H C

Mar 26, 2016

No doubt that this is the best course I've ever taken via online. If you want to build up the basic knowledge or recheck your knowledge, this can be your best chance!

By Ana L G C

Feb 27, 2016

This course is really helpful on Lesson Design and Assessment. If you want to improve your Lesson Plans or you do not know how to make one this is the course for you.

By Sanaa J

Apr 07, 2020

Enjoyed the course to the rim :)

I liked the detailed recordings, and the chance to go back and review the material at any doubt moment.

Thank you. Great experience.

By Dr. A K

Sep 12, 2019

Learned a lot of practical ideas about designing a lesson plan. The instructors of the course could make the toughest theory interesting and possible to understand.

By Donna N D

Dec 30, 2016

I like the setup that you have where you keep things easy, but well informed. The information provided is actually great for practical use and not just theoretical.

By Овсяный И Ю

Jun 20, 2020

With very lesson I love these amazing specialists and this course more and more. If you're lookin for a TESOL, you have found it. Thanks a lot for your great work!

By Hend M K M

This course helped me a lot to make a perfect lesson plan. I like the instructors and the way they deliver the information smoothly. Thanks a lot for all courses.

By Kat B

May 02, 2018

Very informative, useful, and direct to the point. I learned so much in one week than in the ten months that I have culled my own resources. Highly recommended!

By Jie L

Jul 11, 2020

I almost finish all the course and for each, I give a five star!!! I have learned a lot about the logic of lesson planning and everything. Everyone worth a try!

By Mervin J Z S

Dec 19, 2017

I love the course. It taught me a lot of things that I can apply not only in English language teaching but everything about teaching regardless of the subject.

By Sarah Y

Mar 03, 2016

The instructors are fantastic! They simplify a lot of information into a compact, 6 week course with engaging videos that keep my interest as an adult learner.

By Oscar E G D

Mar 06, 2020

Great content selection!!! Great explanaciones!!! However, I think that it was required to study and comprehend too much info in a not so long period of time.

By JG

Sep 02, 2018

Excellent course. As a new soon-to-be teacher, I learned a lot. Harder than the previous courses in this series, but I learned the most by far in this one.