Back to Mathematics for Machine Learning: Linear Algebra

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Mathematics for Machine Learning: Linear Algebra by Imperial College London

In this course on Linear Algebra we look at what linear algebra is and how it relates to vectors and matrices. Then we look through what vectors and matrices are and how to work with them, including the knotty problem of eigenvalues and eigenvectors, and how to use these to solve problems. Finally we look at how to use these to do fun things with datasets - like how to rotate images of faces and how to extract eigenvectors to look at how the Pagerank algorithm works. Since we're aiming at data-driven applications, we'll be implementing some of these ideas in code, not just on pencil and paper. Towards the end of the course, you'll write code blocks and encounter Jupyter notebooks in Python, but don't worry, these will be quite short, focussed on the concepts, and will guide you through if you’ve not coded before. At the end of this course you will have an intuitive understanding of vectors and matrices that will help you bridge the gap into linear algebra problems, and how to apply these concepts to machine learning....

PL
Aug 25, 2018

Great way to learn about applied Linear Algebra. Should be fairly easy if you have any background with linear algebra, but looks at concepts through the scope of geometric application, which is fresh.

CS
Mar 31, 2018

Amazing course, great instructors. The amount of working linear algebra knowledge you get from this single course is substantial. It has already helped solidify my learning in other ML and AI courses.

376 - 400 of 1,992 Reviews for Mathematics for Machine Learning: Linear Algebra

By Adithya P

Sep 19, 2020

Excellent course... a complete new understanding of Mathematic(Matrices/ vectors). Awesome instrocturs, and a great learning experience. The subject is really engaging. I enjoyed it

By Gordon J

Sep 18, 2020

Challenging material though very enjoyable. Presenters were very clear and engaging. I would recommend this course to anyone with an interest in, or a need to learn, linear algebra.

By Amish A S

Jun 24, 2020

Superb Course.

Concepts are explained in a great way with real life examples. The coding assignments are also nice and help to teach how to apply the concepts that have been learned.

By Kabiraj p

Jan 31, 2019

Concise but very helpful in providing introduction to linear algebra and how it actually fits in the scope of machine learning.Excited to try out the other parts of this course too.

By Ariel M d A J

Jul 8, 2020

Great course! It gets even more complex than the linear algebra i took in college. It was quite fun and engaging, and i believe there's really valuable knowledge to be learnt here.

By Dhritiman S

Mar 22, 2019

The course was absolutely fantastic except for the very last week, where I felt the coverage of eigenvectors and page-rank was rushed. At the same time the assignments felt harder.

By Artem D

Aug 7, 2018

I liked it!

Good leturers who are really inteested in the subject. I've bben listening to lectures with much pleasure.

Interesting assignments and quizes!

Highly recommend the course.

By Marvin P

Mar 17, 2018

I'm impressed how good this course is. It provides lots of intuition, many examples and exercises about the topics and Prof. Dye is a incredibly talented instructor. Thanks a lot!

By Kothai

Jan 30, 2020

This course was very useful to not only revise the basic concepts from mathematics but also to start understand how these concepts are useful and used in Machine learning. Thanks.

By Juan I B R

Feb 10, 2019

muy bien estructurado, los exámenes se disfrutan debido a que se entienden los conceptos y las preguntas con conseptualmente profundas, no los intentes si no has visto los vídeos.

By Andrii Z

Jul 13, 2021

I can only recommend this course! Even though I studied Linear Algebra at university, this course was very helpful in getting better understanding of what is actually going on :)

By Ramsay

Aug 2, 2020

I'm really glad that i took this course rather waste my time on binge watching.

I gave me a strong intuition about the operations and manupilaiton of matrix and coordinate systems

By Santhosh S

May 22, 2019

The course is very good only thing is you have to spent some quality time to understand in deep why linear algebra is more important and how does it involved in machine learning.

By Alex J

May 13, 2018

I am new to this platform...

I would have liked to have the option for the system to accept lower grade (60%) if I don't have time to do 80% but have general idea on how to do it.

By Arun B K

Apr 11, 2018

If you are a bottom-up person who has to understand nuts and bolts before going up the software stack, this is the course to start your machine learning study. - From a ML newbie

By RISHAV K

Oct 4, 2020

The course is beneficial for the development of intuition of the underpinnings of Linear Algebra. But, the pace and details covered may sometimes be overwhelming for a beginner.

By Jack C

Sep 4, 2019

Truly fantastic. It is so clear, and the questions are the right difficulty, because they are challenging and make sure that all the concepts explained are thoroughly understood

By Shivam P

Everything was very well explained except the Page Rank part.A more detailed explanation would have been better. Overall a fantastic course for understanding Mathematics for ML

By Muthu K

Apr 6, 2020

I would like to extend my thanks to the Coursera team and the team from Imperial College London for giving us such a platform to learn the basics to keep our foundation strong.

By Jugal H

Jun 1, 2020

Beautifully delivered and with strong foundations, this course teaches you just the right set of things you will need to build your Linear Algebra skills for Machine Learning.

By Boon L

Overall it has been great in being given an opportunity to dive into mathematics world with some real useful examples! Thank you very much. Hope to see you again next courses.

By Oscar S

I've learn the basics and other interesting topics about linear algebra. I think that the lecturer's use a simple language to describe all that it is behind the linear algebra

By Gaurav a

Feb 7, 2019

I will recommend this course to everyone. The way I think about matrices and eigenvectors are completely changed. This course makes the Linear Algebra very easy to understand.

By Sanjay N

Aug 5, 2020

The videos are brief, yet really informative. Main aspects of the subjects are covered and the lectures communicate the ideas in an intuitive manner for better understanding.

By Akshaya P K

Nov 19, 2018

Loved it. One of the best courses I have taken in Coursera so far. The thoughtfulness with which the content is developed and delivered, technology used etc. are impeccable.