Back to Introduction to Machine Learning

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Machine Learning by Duke University

This course will provide you a foundational understanding of machine learning models (logistic regression, multilayer perceptrons, convolutional neural networks, natural language processing, etc.) as well as demonstrate how these models can solve complex problems in a variety of industries, from medical diagnostics to image recognition to text prediction. In addition, we have designed practice exercises that will give you hands-on experience implementing these data science models on data sets. These practice exercises will teach you how to implement machine learning algorithms with PyTorch, open source libraries used by leading tech companies in the machine learning field (e.g., Google, NVIDIA, CocaCola, eBay, Snapchat, Uber and many more)....

KS
Aug 4, 2020

I felt that I took the best descition in taking this course, because the professors took this course with atmost clarity and made even the difficult concepts understand easily.\n\nThank you Professors

NN
Nov 26, 2020

Thanks Coursera and Duke University for this course. It is very insightful to get understood the basics of ML and applied ML in numerous fields. It really made me to move ahead with ML domain.

626 - 650 of 665 Reviews for Introduction to Machine Learning

Apr 27, 2021

it good

By Sovon P

Jul 19, 2021

good

By ARKA S

Jul 8, 2021

good

By DEBALEENA D

Jun 28, 2021

good

By VPK A

May 7, 2021

Good

By Syed A

May 2, 2021

Good

By Mohamed L

Apr 21, 2021

Good

By AKRITI P

Apr 20, 2021

Good

By MOHIT K S

Jul 21, 2020

Nice

By RENUKA.K

Jul 6, 2020

good

By pritam D

May 31, 2021

By Viktor B

Jun 24, 2021

I​t's an introductory course, so what you'll get is an intruductiory overview. During the lecture videos, you'll have to take some things for granted. Some of them are explained later, some are not. What I do mind is that there is no interaction between the course staff (lectures or assistants) and course participants. So some of your questions will be left unanswered, and on some you'll get questionable answers. More and more I find this to be the general problem with Coursera. You have few graded quizes and few lab exercises. So in my opinion, the course is not worth paying extra money for the certificate.

By Evren O

Jul 22, 2021

I​ enjoyed Lawrence Carin's explanations a lot but the overall experience was not great I'm afraid. It felt like it did not come together properly. The order of lectures and assignments felt wrong. The Python level of competence was too high for this course and support (via forums) was non-existent. I don't regret finishing the course but I would not recommend it to my friends.

By Grace F E P

Apr 28, 2021

The lectures were great and very easy to follow! However, I found that the assessments were too easy as they comprised solely of multiple choice questions, maybe including hands on coding assessments fo contribute to our final grade would have made me feel more confident that I've grasped what was supposed to be taught to me each week.

By Vaibhav B

May 2, 2021

Modules need a bit of synchronization.

Please spend some more time explaining gradient descent.

If possible, explain using a board where we could have things simultaneously.

Also, request to have a course on machine vision using CNN etc.