Back to Structuring Machine Learning Projects

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Structuring Machine Learning Projects by DeepLearning.AI

In the third course of the Deep Learning Specialization, you will learn how to build a successful machine learning project and get to practice decision-making as a machine learning project leader. By the end, you will be able to diagnose errors in a machine learning system; prioritize strategies for reducing errors; understand complex ML settings, such as mismatched training/test sets, and comparing to and/or surpassing human-level performance; and apply end-to-end learning, transfer learning, and multi-task learning. This is also a standalone course for learners who have basic machine learning knowledge. This course draws on Andrew Ng’s experience building and shipping many deep learning products. If you aspire to become a technical leader who can set the direction for an AI team, this course provides the "industry experience" that you might otherwise get only after years of ML work experience. The Deep Learning Specialization is our foundational program that will help you understand the capabilities, challenges, and consequences of deep learning and prepare you to participate in the development of leading-edge AI technology. It provides a pathway for you to gain the knowledge and skills to apply machine learning to your work, level up your technical career, and take the definitive step in the world of AI....

JB
Jul 1, 2020

While the information from this course was awesome I would've liked some hand on projects to get the information running. Nonetheless, the two simulation task were the best (more would've been neat!).

MG
Mar 30, 2020

It is very nice to have a very experienced deep learning practitioner showing you the "magic" of making DNN works. That is usually passed from Professor to graduate student, but is available here now.

351 - 375 of 5,446 Reviews for Structuring Machine Learning Projects

By Abdullah A

Jan 11, 2019

Worth the time and effort. Although this course did not contain the programming aspects, but it was helpful nevertheless. This course actually taught me how to properly go about my machine learning project and how to troubleshoot if I encounter some problems.

By DOLA R

Aug 26, 2018

This course give me direction to structure my project in better way. Content of this course was really awesome and most amazing part was the flight simulator for machine learning. Thank you Andrew Ng sir for beautifully presenting the idea, thank you so much.

By Benji T

Feb 18, 2018

Short course but i think this is the most important course out of the 3 as it is more applied. Everything in this course is new to me... , had to read the discussion for help on the quiz. Hope to appreciate what i learn after i start my deep learning project!

By Vijay A

Dec 23, 2017

Knowing the algorithms alone doesn't help much in developing ML applications. We should be able to tackle any problem and drive our project towards the intended goal.This course provides some handy tips and tactics for the same.Well taught as usual. Cheers!!!

By YongyiWang

Sep 7, 2017

This course is very useful. The 'Simulator' is very cool. After finishing the homework, I have a better understanding on how do deal with a real project. I'm trying to solve a problem in my work, I think this skills mentioned in the course will help me a lot.

By Mirza A A B

Jul 24, 2020

This course was directed towards giving more of a general perspective on an ML project. Although it was a brief one, it gives enough insight to continue and develop on the concepts taught. The best part as always is the inspiring and motivational guest talk.

By Victor A M B

Feb 9, 2020

Un curso corto con mucha información, pero muy muy instrucivo de cómo abordar los proyectos de deep learning o redes neuronales, se te enseña desde el análisis del error hasta la transferencia de conocimiento, lo cual es bastante interesante.

Muchas gracias!!

By Alexandre D

Aug 28, 2019

It's really nice to have Andrew share his practical knowledge and experience. Paying careful attention to data distributions and doing ErrorAnalysis to learn where to focus your efforts are valuable insights. Thanks for making us all better DL practitioners.

By Jonathan L

Dec 18, 2018

This course gives you a good understanding of how to approach deep learning projects and machine learning problems in general. After this course you should feel more comfortable understanding how to structure your projects and better optimize your time use.

By Leonard N B

Aug 25, 2017

Andrew provided lots of information in a two-week period due to this the course feels more dense than the previous two. The quiz has also been more challenging. Overall though, it is still top notch teaching from the best. Looking forward to Course 4 and 5.

By Debojyoti D

Mar 18, 2019

Prof.Nag and Team, had really gave immense effort to make things brain friendly. Really appreciate the effort to make this so easy going, but conceptually very high content. Recommend not to finish over night, but trick is to go slow and grasp the content.

By Ehsan M K

Aug 23, 2017

This course is very important as it offers solutions that don't exist in literature to tackle real DL problems. Andrew Ng is basically teaching you from his vast experience. I highly recommend it esp. for those who want to design / implement DL products.

By Ignatius I D

Jul 15, 2021

This course teaches materials that are missed or thrown away in other courses, but they are important detail in doing research or even field application. It really outlined important troubleshooting steps to take to get the best performance of your model

By Попов Д В

Aug 31, 2020

Outstanding course with immense amount of real-world cases from industry. However, there is no programming tasks here in this course and I was feeling a lack of programming assignments a bit. But overall, the theory and case studies are just incredible.

By Yogendra S

Apr 18, 2020

I think despite being more theoretical course than the previous ones, it is still one of the most important courses in this specialization as we learn about how to handle a real life project and mitigate the problems that arise in a more systematic way.

By Felix F

Mar 20, 2020

The content is super useful. I have struggled in my previous projects with many problems discussed in this course. It is great to hear Andrew Ng's opinion and his suggestions will definitely help me push the next project better into the right direction.

By Eiichi N

Feb 24, 2019

I think this course covers the cases where I tend to bog down and waste time, and has provided me with useful and practical guidelines to get out of them. You should not underestimate the value of this course,

just because there is no coding assignment.

By Roudy E

Nov 11, 2020

In this course, the instructor shared various methods to point us in the right direction of where we should improve our model. Also, many new techniques were also discussed in this course which help develop accurate model even with fairly little data.

By Jeffery B

Oct 4, 2020

Helpful context for a person such as me who is changing careers to the Data Science field. Would be easy to focus only on the mechanics of ML/DL and ignore the broader context of how to really pull a ML project together and make the effort effective.

By Satish G

Feb 7, 2020

This part of the course is really unique and provides an understanding of what are the challenges that you could as a Machine Learning engineer. The problem of the exercise was really great in terms of planning and execution of the real-world problem.

By Daniel B

Jan 16, 2021

Excellent overview of common pitfalls and problems you might encounter in a machine learning project. The lectures use good practical examples to highlight the issues. I definitely gained a better understanding of how to set up and run an ML project.

By Christopher W

Sep 2, 2019

This course is very good at establishing the fundamentals of 'problem analysis' - something which a lot of analysts actually struggle with. I enjoyed it and found the examples helpful to think through the various steps and types of ML applications.

By Ved P G

Apr 15, 2019

Learned a lot about dealing with datasets where training data and test data might not have the same distribution. In a practical deep learning project, a lot of decisions are strategic and this course will definitely help in making better decisions.

By Marcin G

Oct 15, 2017

Another great course from Andrew Ng. You will learn how to manage deep learning project and get to know some clever ideas of approaching the project from managerial perspective. You will also get to know important people in deep learning community.

By SHUBHAD M

Aug 18, 2020

Pretty important course in my opinion. I had skipped this course last year when I was new to deep learning. One year later after working on some deep learning projects, I feel this course makes a lot of sense to me and I wish I had done it before.