Back to Structuring Machine Learning Projects

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Structuring Machine Learning Projects by DeepLearning.AI

You will learn how to build a successful machine learning project. If you aspire to be a technical leader in AI, and know how to set direction for your team's work, this course will show you how. Much of this content has never been taught elsewhere, and is drawn from my experience building and shipping many deep learning products. This course also has two "flight simulators" that let you practice decision-making as a machine learning project leader. This provides "industry experience" that you might otherwise get only after years of ML work experience. After 2 weeks, you will: - Understand how to diagnose errors in a machine learning system, and - Be able to prioritize the most promising directions for reducing error - Understand complex ML settings, such as mismatched training/test sets, and comparing to and/or surpassing human-level performance - Know how to apply end-to-end learning, transfer learning, and multi-task learning I've seen teams waste months or years through not understanding the principles taught in this course. I hope this two week course will save you months of time. This is a standalone course, and you can take this so long as you have basic machine learning knowledge. This is the third course in the Deep Learning Specialization....

MG
Mar 30, 2020

It is very nice to have a very experienced deep learning practitioner showing you the "magic" of making DNN works. That is usually passed from Professor to graduate student, but is available here now.

TG
Dec 1, 2020

I learned so many things in this module. I learned that how to do error analysis and different kind of the learning techniques. Thanks Professor Andrew Ng to provide such a valuable and updated stuff.

351 - 375 of 5,097 Reviews for Structuring Machine Learning Projects

By Marcin G

Oct 15, 2017

Another great course from Andrew Ng. You will learn how to manage deep learning project and get to know some clever ideas of approaching the project from managerial perspective. You will also get to know important people in deep learning community.

By SHUBHAD M

Aug 18, 2020

Pretty important course in my opinion. I had skipped this course last year when I was new to deep learning. One year later after working on some deep learning projects, I feel this course makes a lot of sense to me and I wish I had done it before.

By Jonathan S

Aug 18, 2018

I do not think you will find this expert advice elsewhere. And the extended scenarios which the quizzes test give the feeling that I now have real experience (although I do not) making high level decisions about guiding a machine learning project.

By Michael D

Mar 5, 2018

An excellent overview of a rarely discussed subject. Often lost amidst the seemingly daily discoveries of new deep learning tricks is need to apply deep learning in real applications. This course did a great job of addressing the latter concern.

By Hari K M

Jan 18, 2018

One of the key courses in the specialization besides being short and tricky. The content of this course is exactly that which differentiates between a mere programmer from a data scientist or a machine learning engineer. Do not skip this course.

By Vladimir A

Oct 9, 2017

At the very beginning the course seemed to be about self-evident, even trivial things. Now I can't imagine it to be dropped out of the specialization.

Thank you prof. Andrew Ng, you gave us a roadmap to move and saved from many blunders on the way.

By Vishal V

Oct 11, 2018

A very insightful course detailing the problems encountered in a real-life deep learning pipeline. The solutions were very intuitively explained and the case study approach reinforced the concepts. The heroes interviews too were very interesting.

By Serhii K

Sep 21, 2017

This course give a lot of insights about approaching a machine learning problem. It doesn't contain a lot of concepts or algorithms regarding ML itself, but the course will be very helpful for anyone interested in working on real life ML systems.

By Igal C

Sep 30, 2020

A really must have course for anyone who wants to enter the field of machine learning. The concepts being thought are crucial for creating effective solutions in the modern world. Andrew explains everything in a simple and down to earth approach

By Mihail Y

This course provides very specific information about best industry practices. When I started it I was ready to underestimate its value, but by the end I realized Andrew Ng provides many insights that one can get only through years of experience.

By Shivam M

Feb 23, 2020

I think this course is one of the best course which teaches you how can you proceed your machine learning project in various situations and what measures to take while building a ML project. Hats off and thank you Andrew sir. Thank you coursera.

By Florian B

Sep 25, 2019

Very helpful to get an understanding of how to structure a machine learning project. Furthermore it is a great guide to get a first intuition on where to spend time or fix errors in a machine learning project and where to go on fast. Great work!

By Laure G

Aug 9, 2018

Ce cours donne des clés sur comment améliorer son réseau de neurones et en particulier éviter de perdre son temps à chercher dans la mauvaise direction.

Je n'ai pas encore mis en oeuvre cela, mais je pense que cela sera très utile le temps venu.

By ANSHUL P

May 4, 2020

Amazing Courses for Deep Learning Specialization, help in making you good with basics needed, and apply the concepts in real-world applications.

Thanks to Andrew Ng for the way he explains every topic so deeply and easily understandable manner.

By Luam C T

Nov 2, 2017

It's an amazing course for people without ML experience overall. But if you have some experience (deep learning or not), you'll find a lot of basic tricks that you probably already used or figured out intuitively as you worked on some projects.

By Mohammad A Q

Jun 21, 2020

Knowing just theories won't guarantee one's success in a specific field like deep learning, theory, and experience are both what it takes to be so. This course conveyed not only theory but also many years of great experience from professor Ng.

By James B H

Mar 6, 2020

This is one of the best courses in data science I have ever taken. There are a lot of options out there for taking data science courses, but this one is key to getting organized and know how to proceed with a project what to do at each step.

By Doipayan R

Nov 1, 2019

One of the most helpful 8 to 10 hours of instruction I have ever received in my life. Thanks a lot Andrew, and the entire team for putting this together. I will recommend this course to all my friends and colleagues working in the AI/ML space.

By Sayar B

Jul 30, 2018

Perhaps the most important course out of the 5 courses, Professor Ng explains really important concepts often overlooked by a lot of machine learning/ deep learning tutorials. This course will really make your good algorithms great.

Cheers! :)

By Gabriel S

Jul 11, 2018

the question on synthetic fog, I would love to know if someone answered to this one right from the first time. It is a designed trap to see if we are just listening to the class and applying or if we really think and work hard on each question

By Harish K L

Sep 22, 2020

Awesome course. Hats off to Andrew for how this course is organized and presented. The simulator exercises are very good too. I'm yearning for more such exercises. It feels like I gained real-world experience without working at an AI company.

By MAYANK C

Apr 26, 2020

The case study approach to teach students is really awesome. This way the concepts that you learn in the course are so easily set up in your brain, it's just awesome. Thank you Andrew for your dedicated efforts to help us learn Deep Learning.

By Egnatious P

Apr 11, 2020

This was an interesting course which gave me an opportunity to really think about different machine learning problems and how to go about addressing these. I think the notes I took are going to prove invaluable as I go along in my AI journey.

By Mahmoud H S

Jul 25, 2019

this is the greatest course I have ever seen in machine learning and deep learning. it gives students the best practice for applying machine learning in real projects and gain a lot of experience from one of the best machine learning experts.

By neeraj c

Apr 14, 2018

Practical tips distilled from years of hands-on experience delivered to be understood easily and intuitively. Will save a lot of time on getting started or getting accelerated on projects esp. for those with beginner or intermediate skills.