Back to Preparing to Manage Human Resources

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Preparing to Manage Human Resources by University of Minnesota

One way or another, all employees are managed. But approaches to managing employees varying from employee-to-employee, job-to-job, manager-to-manager, organization-to-organization, and country-to-country. This course provides a foundation for developing your own approach to skillfully managing employees by illustrating alternative human resource management (HRM) strategies, introducing the importance of the legal context, and thinking about what motivates employees. This will then give you the factual and conceptual basis for developing specific, critical HRM skills in subsequent courses on hiring employees, managing performance, and rewarding employees. Don't know anything about HRM? That's OK! Leave this course with a new-found understanding of the range of options available for managing employees, a grasp of what makes workers tick, and the readiness to develop your own HRM skills....

MG

Mar 21, 2018

Excellent course structure, very clear and concise material, John Budd is teaching in a fun way, which helped me understand the syllabus, with short questions to help me think and not too long videos.

SH

Sep 01, 2020

Coursera is an online learning platform with a focus on higher education. Much like its competitors Udemy, MasterClass, and Skillshare, Coursera is completely online and covers a wide range of topics.

151 - 175 of 1,522 Reviews for Preparing to Manage Human Resources

By Oluwatoyin D

Apr 17, 2020

The course was very well explained and insightful also the the assignments were thought provoking. I really enjoyed learning the foundation of Human Resources and I feel equipped to start my career in HR.

By SAMARTH A

Feb 02, 2020

This course fits those who want to become Human Resource manager, it teaches from basic to a level where you can gain deep insight of managing various employees with different need and motivating factors.

By APOORV S

Jul 21, 2020

This course provides a very brief and thorough idea about HR theories and policies. The course is structured properly and Prof. Budd is amazing at explaining concepts and theories in brief and easy way.

By Annie

Dec 05, 2017

Very inspirational course.. I have learnt alot especially where people management and role of HR is concerned plus an indepth view of how the Labour Market and practices are different between US & Kenya

By bassem t a

Jun 17, 2020

This course has an outstanding wealth of information for new people entering the Human Resources arena. I also recommend it to others that want to brush up on knowledge and skills of the HR industry.

By Mary C V B

Aug 11, 2019

¡Excelente curso! Tiene material didáctico y el recurso m´s utilizado es el video, lo cual lo hace más entretenido. Ofrece las herramientas teórico prácticas básicas necesarias para manejar personas.

By Charmis T

Aug 23, 2020

This course had help me in identifying and enhance the skills that I need to managing employees. i love how the professor (Prof. John Budd) provides clear explanation of each lesson and as a whole!

By uwem U

Jul 01, 2020

I will like to use this medium to thanks my lecturer John W. Budd and the entire University of Minnesota for your support and lecture very educating process.

Thanks i love you all.

TimelineNext Step

By Lewis L

Oct 15, 2020

This Course has given me practical knowledge on HR and has helped me develop my leadership skills by using concepts from Economics, psychology and sociology. The lecturers have done an amazing job.

By Mahnoor m

Jun 20, 2020

I had a very great time while doing this course and there are a lot of things that i have learned from this course, and because of my this experience i am looking forward to go for another course

By Raymond O

Jul 26, 2020

I recommend this course for anyone leading and managing others. I learned it's better to be a managing leader as well as a reliable HR Partner, and it's important to do so. Great job, Professor!

By Pamela W

Jun 30, 2018

I learned so much about what it takes to become Human Resource Manager and the different laws that are out there. More importantly i learned that its exactly what i want to do with my career now

By Aparna m

it was a very good experience while running about the people management.How HR is important in every company and roles of HR .As we all know that HR is the backbone of the company.Thank you .

By Nicholas P

Mar 01, 2020

Great course for new managers. Provides framework for first decisions as a new leader. Good refresher for existing managers or individuals looking to transition into HR from a leadership role.

By Anna V

Apr 05, 2018

The course was useful to me, as I have people management responsibilities as part of my job. I have learned concepts that I did not know about, and got an insight into US labour laws as well.

By Ahmad S F

May 09, 2020

I really appreciate the Coursera Team that has provided many different and amazing courses and programs,

Best of Luck

I try to continue with more and more courses from Coursera

By Nida E

Apr 20, 2020

Amazing! Loved the course content, the way it was delivered, the doable time frames of each video and the takeaways gained through this platform! Thanks, Professor Budd! Great use of my time!

By Chika E

Sep 14, 2017

Very well detailed and engaging.

P.S: Just a minor pet peeve with watching the video is, Prof. Budd's light tongue smacking while speaking, is distracting for me. Just a tiny personal issue.

By Aditi V

Aug 12, 2017

Absolutely loved the content! Provided me with lots of insights regrading human resources. Thank you for helping me understand how human resources plays an important role in an organization!

By Abdul A

Jul 07, 2020

Blessed to avail this chance of learning from Pro. Jhon Budd, It really helped me to brush my understanding of HR, now i really feel it! I AM READY TO MANAGE HUMAN RESOURCES.

Thank you sir!

By Marika P

Oct 13, 2020

Good and useful course that mainly analyses the theoretical perspectives of different HR theories, strategies and processes. Gives the basic knowledge of managerial styles, approaches etc.

By gyan r

Sep 27, 2020

The professor's understanding on the subject was amazing. Generally i don't link attending classes, but during this course i never felt bored, was always curious to know about the subject.

By KHARAT D K

Apr 23, 2020

I got knowledge that makes my future bright. Other useful skills I will learn include organisations' HRM reporting and communication.

It a Great time to learn from John w. Budd. Thanks sir.

By V K

May 16, 2019

The course has excellent content good presentation and gained considerable knowledge. It is a complete refreshment of my studies with inputs on laws in other countries Throughout enjoyed.

By Diana C G A

May 31, 2016

Great content. This course gives you a better context of the aspects a people manager should consider for developing useful strategies for the company, but thinking about the people too.