Back to Digital Marketing Analytics in Theory

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Digital Marketing Analytics in Theory by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Successfully marketing brands today requires a well-balanced blend of art and science. This course introduces students to the science of web analytics while casting a keen eye toward the artful use of numbers found in the digital space. The goal is to provide the foundation needed to apply data analytics to real-world challenges marketers confront daily. Digital Analytics for Marketing Professionals: Marketing Analytics in Theory is the first in a two-part series of complementary courses and focuses on the background information and frameworks analysts need to be successful in today's digital business world. You will be able to: - Identify the web analytic tool right for your specific needs - Understand valid and reliable ways to collect, analyze, and visualize data from the web - Utilize data in decision making for agencies, organizations, or clients This course is part of Gies College of Business’ suite of online programs, including the iMBA and iMSM. Learn more about admission into these programs and explore how your Coursera work can be leveraged if accepted into a degree program at https://degrees.giesbusiness.illinois.edu/idegrees/....

VB

Apr 16, 2018

Well, this is great course since I did it online, but the material well covered and the lecturer give clear and interesting material through video. I will take another course after this. Thank you.

AS

Jan 22, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. I liked the professor's teaching style as well as the materials the course provided. All the knowledge I've got from the course helps me when I do research online.

976 - 1000 of 1,117 Reviews for Digital Marketing Analytics in Theory

Aug 18, 2016

Very good

By Md. A V

Mar 13, 2022

good

By Muhammad S A

Sep 23, 2020

good

By Sani K

Sep 18, 2020

Good

By Rasha N

Aug 4, 2020

good

By SHUBHAM A L

Aug 4, 2020

Good

By INFAR I

Jun 8, 2020

Good

By Vallabhaneni S

May 9, 2020

fair

By Anas E

Dec 9, 2019

good

By LE M K

Jan 21, 2018

nice

By Bishoy m

Jul 23, 2017

good

By Nikhil K

Jul 28, 2016

nice

By Gabriel T R

Nov 24, 2015

Good

By Tanmay K

Jun 24, 2020

By Ericka G

Dec 11, 2016

G

By Rainer S

Nov 5, 2015

Compliments: The course introduced me to a number of reporting and research tools that I was not aware of. I have also become a great fan of Avinash Kaushik and his blog in the process.

Criticism: The lecturer could have gone into more details in many areas of his course as opposed to just assuming that the prescribed reading material had been read. Many detailed points were glanced over and one prescribed reading material (Peterson, E. T. (2004). Web Analytics demystified) was written in 2004 and as a result much of the information presented in this text book is very outdated.

By Marino V

Aug 28, 2016

This stage of the course i feel could be summed up to just one week worth of work. It mainly revolves around ZMOT and best marketing analytics and data collection techniques and rawly around 30 minutes of content, and the last week was more of a "let's sum up". Compared to the first stage where every single week had a new subject, with lots of content this one i feel, just didn't cut it. I do feel I learned a lot from it...and i plan to finish the specialization, but this one should be aided as part of another another module.

By Ivan R

Jan 15, 2021

Quiet interesting presentation of everything, I was impressed at first and graded 5 stars, however, after just one lesson of Prof. Mike Yao in Digital Media and Marketing Strategies I got better understanding of research and data then I got from both courses of Prof. Kevin Hartman. Course is still very good, defiantly worth seeing, but it's lacks in practical explanations so you are kind of still in a fog after it.

By Luca J

Jun 18, 2020

I enjoyed the course, it was very detailed, it had great and interesting points. For me it was a bit too advanced, I would've liked if they explained what data actually is a bit more. However the teacher explained everything very well, I liked the tasks.

If you already know a few things about digital analytics, then I absolutely recommend taking this course.

By Paphangkarn L

Jun 15, 2020

What I don't like is the strongly recommend reading for this course is not for free, I have already paid monthly for this course but still have to spend money for his book in order to fully understand the lesson. I feel like the professor try to sell his book. I can't find it from any bookstores in my country, not every one prefer reading e-book.

By Subhajyoti C

Jun 4, 2020

The concepts introduced in this course are good. However, the instructor should really update the content which seems to be shot and compiled somewhere around 2016 and needs updating in 2020. Also, some of the tools mentioned no longer exists and some links are broken too. Overall the course needs some maintenance to stay relevant.