Back to Marketing in a Digital World

This course examines how digital tools, such as the Internet, smartphones, and 3D printing, are revolutionizing the world of marketing by changing the roles and practices of firms and consumers. Marketing in a Digital World is one of the most popular courses on Coursera with over 250,000 learners and is rated by Class Central as one of the Top 50 MOOCs of All Time (https://www.class-central.com/report/top-moocs/). You will be able to: • Understand how particular digital tools are changing the development of products • Explain how digital tools allow for a more active role in promotion activities and product distribution • Understand the role of the customer in setting the price of goods and services through digital tools This course is part of Gies College of Business’ suite of online programs, including the iMBA and iMSM. Learn more about admission into these programs and explore how your Coursera work can be leveraged if accepted into a degree program at https://degrees.giesbusiness.illinois.edu/idegrees/....

Oct 8, 2019

With no prior knowledge of digital marketing, this course helped me to understand all the basic concepts and enhance my interest in marketing field. I have already enrolled myself into another course.

MS

This is very helpful in making me learning about marketing in digital world. This is also going to be helpful for me in future. And as well the certificate of this will be beneficial for me in future.

176 - 200 of 4,892 Reviews for Marketing in a Digital World

By anna l d l f c

Oct 11, 2020

This is a very good course than initiates the student in the world of Marketing in the Digital World. The case studies are up to date, challenging and varied. The peer reviews could be daunting since we dont know each other so review tend to be short and evasive but I do learn a lot from the answers of different classmates from around the world. This is such a Global , Essential course!

By Seyedeh S B

Jun 20, 2020

The material is pretty up to date. The lectures are very well structured and well presented. The examples and academic studies were pretty informative. The quizzes are a great way to recap each part of the material. The assignments are also a great way to put the lessons into practice as well as to recap/reinforce the material. It is a great addition to the basic Marketing Mix concept.

By Pavithra S

Feb 5, 2019

I really enjoyed spending time in this course. I get to know so many new concepts. This course was more than amazing I should say. The syllabus and data was very informative. Interesting case studies, assignments that I admired a lot. Thank you coursera for giving me this opportunity to learn this course with financial aid. Finally thank you professor Aric for such enlightening classes.

By Madeleine G

Jul 5, 2017

Really good course, I enjoyed every bit of it. The lectures are simple and full of interesting facts. I loved the case studies that were very concrete and real, the professor makes you work with real data and that makes you feel like you're working in our world! Not too theoretical, everything is applicable to real life. Content really corresponds to what I was expecting. Really good!!

By Andreea G

Oct 9, 2016

I really enjoyed taking this course. It was informative, interesting and I really liked its format. Every module has a series of reading references, besides the videos on the specific topic, so one can also do some additional reading to better understand the topic. Additionally, there are discussions with campus students or professors, that address the subject from another perspective.

By Anudeep.s

May 7, 2020

Since i have learned this course with my intrest on MBA.I get to know about the term "Marketing" in which it has many divisions and levels of marketing and the content was very clearful and understanding.and the assignments and case study was intresting,moreover the professor was muvh talented and the communication was easily recogonizing to me.I encourage everyone to take the course.

By Paula U

Feb 5, 2020

It describes really well the way brands promote themselves in the US. The way social media is affecting in a positive and negative way companies and their BRAND NAME.

A great course that will teach you how to promote your brand in a genuine way. How to be more concerned and creative ( innovate ) about the customers needs, how to engage and create a brand name with a CO-CREATIVE IMAGE.

By Giulia G

Feb 29, 2016

I did not a lot about marketing in general, and even less about digital marketing. Having started a business with a friend, with an archaeological background, I felt like in the middle of a dark forest. This course is really well organized, the concepts are well explained and you have really the chance to understand the subject with case studies and assignments. I strongly suggest it!

By Afrina J

Jul 19, 2021

I am more into language before until I had my internship and start working with a digital marketing company. This is the reason why I started to learn more about digital marketing and I am glad that I made the right choice in choosing this course as my first digital marketing course to learn. Thank you so much! This course inspires me to finish all the specialization courses offered.

By Joy X

Nov 30, 2020

I have enjoyed the course a lot. It is very informative, intriguing, and inspiring. What I have acquired from this course has enhanced my knowledge base in digital marketing. And more importantly, it has brought me a new perspective to the marketing work I am currently engaged in. Thank you so much, Professor Aric Rindfleisch, for bringing us such an enlightened and pleasant course.

By Justin R

Apr 1, 2016

I give this course 5 stars! I learned a lot and I like the hands on activities. The only thing I would change is how the assignments are graded. I know that they're graded by our peers but I don't think that everyone knows how to correctly grade assignments. I received some low scores and I disagree with them. I answered all of the questions with enough detail to be at least "good."

By karen c g k

Nov 18, 2017

Highly recommended! You don't know what you don't know until you pick up the knowledge through this course. Totally worth for the money and time spent. I particularly like the assignments which I think it's a very good brainstorming section and a best way to remember what has been taught in the course. I'll definitely continue with the rest of the digital specialisation courses.

By Madeline L

Oct 12, 2020

Great course!

Prof. R. gave a really insightful perspective on not just the digital impact on the business world itself but also on contemporary and innovative strategies that businesses can take to apply to their models. Personally, I know this course has aided me in my studies, entrepreneurial passion, and my small business, Notebeans Stationary.

Take this course if you can!

By M. M C A

Apr 6, 2020

I learnt lot about digital marketing which is totally new topic for me at first.Now at beginner level I have learnt more and more relevant to the topic.The lessons they have provided is clear and easy to understand. Exercise and assignments helps me to test myself how much am clear about the topic.Thanks Illinois University for helping me to learn with much interest and love.

By Abhishek A

Apr 19, 2020

This course is very useful for me..I register few month ago but re register this course and now i came to know about different new terms from this course like how the 4 ps of marketing will digitally run..The best thing i like by joining this course is that they provide the real life example which inturn helps in better clarity of thoughts.Thats the reason i rated 5 out of 5

By Arun S

Apr 13, 2017

Loved the way the concepts are introduced with real life examples of companies that are redefining how they do marketing by involving the customer, every step of the way and making them an integral part of the journey.

I am looking forward to the follow-up courses on this topic. I'd recommend it very highly to anyone who's eager to learn and understand more about this topic.

By Alexandra K

May 2, 2021

I really enjoyed taking this course since I learned a lot more about the four Ps as well as important concepts in the digital world. Furthermore, I was able to apply the newly learned skills to real-life case studies which also helped me to learn more about different companies. I can only recommend this course to anyone who would like to learn more about digital marketing!

By Juan P

Apr 30, 2017

Really great course. I really enjoyed the activities, the practice in a course is fundamental for the success of acquiring knowledge. I definitely recommend it to anyone who wishes to learn the basics of the marketing mix, in the digital context. Aric is really clear explaining the subjects, but again, the course's success is based in the practice exercises of each module.

By Kimberly K

Sep 11, 2020

Very good overview of digital marketing. I have been in marketing most of my career and I learned about some new digital platforms. There is so much information out there and it changes so quickly that taking a course to refresh your skill set and knowledge is invaluable. This course is an excellent one for both beginners and those looking to broaden their knowledge base.

By Ramona M

Mar 11, 2020

Perfectly structured course! Gives very good understanding of the basic concepts and its implication in digital environment, and gives an opportunity to understand where to continue self-learning! Personally I am currently on a maternity leave thinking on changing profession and coursera app gave me an excellent opportunity to continue learning at difficult routine days!

By Yassin Z

Nov 18, 2017

This course is a must take , very helpful , easy , lots and lots of info and knowledge

the study cases is very good it really helps in the study .

the videos the readings ... very easy , not too long

best thing is prof Aric , is a smart men and knows how to delivery the knowledge to you.

i love to thank coursers and University of Illinois , and a BIG huge thanks to Prof Aric

By Devkant K

Apr 22, 2020

The content is relevant, contemporary and well-explained. Hands-on exercises, practical recommendations and recent academic studies are really helpful in understanding the opportunities and challenges created by digital tools in the marketing landscape. Thank you, Prof. Aric Rindfleisch and Illinois - Gies College of Business, for this informative and wonderful course.

By José J F C

Feb 24, 2016

As a Marketing enthusiast I found this course very interesting and with a refreshing approach to Marketing, namely making bridges to the new digital tools and how they impact on the Marketing Management. Finally I was a septic about e-learning and this course surprise me as it is very engaging and well structured. Congrats to all of the people who develop this course.

By Nishant R P 2

May 3, 2021

The Course "Marketing in a Digital World" was very much interesting to learn. It provided a wholesome experience about Digital Marketing and how various organizations and start-ups function. I feel the time and efforts invested in this course gives you much value and ROI and helps you progress if you are looking forward to specialize in Digital Marketing. Thank you.

By Tahnee

Jun 2, 2017

Despite I couldn't complete all the course assesments because I can't afford that now, I really enjoyed all the lessons and I'm very happy with my increase knowledge about 4P's of marketing with a new perspective. This was very usefull to pay attention at new paths to make business trough the collaborative digital community.

Congratullations for the excelent work!