Back to The Meat We Eat

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Meat We Eat by University of Florida

The Meat We Eat is a course designed to create a more informed consumer about the quality, safety, healthfulness and sustainability of muscle foods and address current issues in animal agriculture in developed and developing countries....

1 - 9 of 9 Reviews for The Meat We Eat

Oct 27, 2017

Fantastic, loved it. Very informative

By Alana G G

Feb 16, 2017

It was a great course! It has a lot of new and interesting information. I learned a lot with it and will definitely use this knowlegde in the future. It is worth it to who have some interest in the meat subject and want to learn more about it.

By Janie O

Feb 16, 2018

Excellent course, really enjoying it so far. I'm a farmer myself in Scotland and want to learn more about international meat farming and this was ideal.

By kaliappan.s

Nov 15, 2018

Informative course

By Stanley D

Jun 25, 2019

I entered this course being very skeptical, I was expecting propaganda like material. But I was pleasantly surprised with all the information I learned, and the host being clear about the information. Some information is left out like where only a video is shown of electrical stunning but not CO2 stunning (which would show an animal chocking for 15-30 seconds, depending on the breed) or halal slaughtering. I have yet to learn details about the exact feed given to pigs (the host hinted at one point that there is a chance pigs can transfer diseases by eating rats). I also would have liked to see more emphasis on the living conditions of these animals where they spend most of their life.

This lecture has not changed my mind, but it has taught me a lot, which is most valuable.

I recommend this course as there is so much I did not know about this industry, even though I considered myself knowledgeable prior.

-------------

Update:

Go watch the videos of week 6 and tell me how this is not blatant false meat-industry propaganda.

I do not recommend this course anymore, and I do not think Coursera should be allowed to host such false information that is harmful to the public.

By Mohamad S A

Aug 20, 2019

thanks

By Mark

May 01, 2018

Extremely thorough and informative, though the videos are long; perfectly understandable to the layperson who does not have a degree in nutrition or biology. Loses a star for the quizzes only being available if the course is purchased.

By Islam M

Jan 02, 2017

The accent,presentation & stuttering is too cloudy & not suitable for foreigners