Back to Meeting Investors' Goals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Meeting Investors' Goals by University of Geneva

In this course, you will dive into the concepts of rationality and irrationality and understand how they impact our investment decisions and what the consequences can be at the market level. You will first explore the different biases that we, as humans, are subjected to when facing investment decisions and how they may impact the outcomes of these decisions. Moreover, you will see how emotions and ethical concerns such as honesty and trust influence market participants. When they are considered as a group rather than individually, you will discover how rationality and irrationality can drive asset prices to and away from their fair value. Finally, you will be presented with different portfolio construction methodologies and investment styles that make up the landscape of today's portfolio management industry. At key points throughout the course, you will benefit from the practical knowledge of experts from our corporate partner, UBS, in how to build and manage clients' portfolios....

MB

Nov 23, 2016

I heartily thank everyone participate in this course . this course gave me a comprehensive knowledge about different types of investment styles and the optimum way to build an investment portfolio .

MU

Oct 23, 2016

I love this course because I was planning to start investing in the Bovespa (Sao Paulo, Brazil) following only the guides of sensational analysts. This course recommends being cautious. Thank you.

1 - 25 of 155 Reviews for Meeting Investors' Goals

By Lowell W

Mar 08, 2019

My only complaint was the assignment requiring evaluation by other students as this made the asynchronous nature of the course more synchronous and dependent on others.

By Evan B

May 27, 2019

This is an excellent course that provides detailed explanation of how investors can or should respond to monetary policy and various economic shocks. It also provides clear distinctions between portfolio construction methods and the rationale behind selecting either of them.

By José F A d V V

Dec 05, 2018

This course expanded my understanding of investors profiles, portafolio selection and financial crisis. It also gave me a basic understanding of behavioral finance.

By Tom S

Nov 19, 2016

I was not impressed. (And not impressed with this automatically centered text box either.) There was far too much very technical detail that no one save those working for hedge fund developers would ever use. The volume of analysis they suggest is overwhelming and impossible for the average investor, and when all is said and done, worthless. The market moves on news, rumors, scandal, etc; think Enron, Worldcom, Texaco, et al. None of the concepts presented in this course would have prevented you from investing in those companies when they were beginning or in their prime.

I'm about to become a registered investment advisor. I took this course looking for ideas to improve my recommendations. No go. This was terrible.

In addition, the presentation was presented by automatons I think. They rarely looked at us, they read flatly from the prompter. A good text to speech program could easily have replaced the "teachers".

By Jason M

Jun 27, 2016

need a sub. can't not understand what he is saying

By Augustine Q T Y

Jun 03, 2016

need to pay to submit quiz.

By Isaac H

Dec 07, 2018

Excellent course!

By Nirmal D

Dec 23, 2018

Superb!

By Nikita K

Jan 26, 2019

Tasks with excel calculations could be explained in more details.

All other studies were fine.

By Paolo N

Nov 23, 2018

Both courses I took from the University of Geneva are excellent. The only drawback is that they do not god deep with examples and explanations so you will have to look up some examples and definition on the web.

By Arpit S

Nov 25, 2018

Enjoyed learning and revising. Thank you to the faculty and the guests

By Jose D A

Jan 25, 2019

Excelent course and mentors.

By Sachin P X

Mar 05, 2019

Excellent coverage of topics. Personal favorite was the behavioral aspects in investing- the biases. Great practical industry insights from the UBS team as well. Highly recommended course.

By Dang D T

Mar 08, 2019

Its really helpful for me to understand process to construct a portfolio with various investment style, structure and distinguish exactly characteristic of value and growth

By Jaden E G

Jul 28, 2018

I learnt alot of things I didn't know about Trading, I am truly thankful that I did this course.

By Marly C

Sep 09, 2018

exceente

By Rohini B

Sep 15, 2018

I learnt a lot and am beginning to really appreciate the work that is done by fund managers. I love learning from Dr Michel Girardin. He is always so clear and his enthusiasm is so contagious that I want to learn and try harder. Thank you all so much.

By Vlado P

Jul 27, 2018

Learned a lot of new things and seems the course is in sync with practice, not focused on theory only. Great improvement in my thinking and ability to make better financial decisions after finishing this course.

By Scalesse

May 07, 2018

Great teachers! Good content! Cognitive psychology part was super interesting!

By Jinglei G

Aug 11, 2016

interesting and exercises helped to understand those topics more

By Jonathan M

Jun 27, 2017

Coursera courses are very informative and helpful.I gain alot of knowledge

By Shirokov B

Jun 11, 2017

Amazing course! You learn a lot! I highly recommend it!

By Matteo E

Jun 19, 2017

A great follow on from the Introduction to Financial Markets course. Valid, timely and clear concepts for anyone interested in taking care of their own finances (which I guess it should mean everyone...).

By Sergey K