Back to Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential by McMaster University

Mindshift is designed to help boost your career and life in today’s fast-paced learning environment. Whatever your age or stage, Mindshift teaches you essentials such as how to get the most out of online learning and MOOCs, how to seek out and work with mentors, the secrets to avoiding career ruts (and catastrophes) and general ruts in life, and insights such as the value of selective ignorance over general competence. We’ll provide practical insights from science about how to learn and change effectively even in maturity, and we’ll build on what you already know to take your life’s learning in fantastic new directions. This course is designed to show you how to look at what you’re learning, and your place in what’s unfolding in the society around you, so you can be what you want to be, given the real world constraints that life puts on us all. You’ll see that by using certain mental tools and insights, you can learn and do more—far more—than you might have ever dreamed! This course can be taken independent of, concurrent with, or subsequent to, its companion course, Learning How to Learn. (Mindshift is more career focused, and Learning How to Learn is more learning focused.)...

TM

Feb 12, 2018

I really enjoyed the first course, Learn 2Learn. The female professor is great but the boring old guy should have been kicked out of the course, as he do not provide anything of value for the course.

SN

Jan 18, 2018

Thank you Barbara. It was really enjoyable trip with you in this course. I have found many new learning techniques. Your positive behavior was very encouraging for me to begin a new list of my life!

126 - 150 of 987 Reviews for Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential

By Lawrence N

Sep 18, 2017

Best Course ever.

By bezawit a

Sep 25, 2017

This is by far the best course I have ever participated in. It's has completely shifted my mind in a positive path.

By Nikita S

Jan 14, 2018

Thank you so much!

By Iosi P

Dec 17, 2017

My favorite online course in Coursera

By Truphena N

Jan 21, 2018

Learnt A LOT! Glad I took the course.

By Scalesse

Jan 15, 2018

Brillant course, perfect next step after « learning how to learn ».

By Darléne A

Nov 30, 2017

Uplifting and has changed the way I think about everything.

By aMIr h

Dec 18, 2017

It has all the things that I want from a course, great marvelous professors. It's like a key to most of my fundamental puzzles in my mind. special thanks to great Barbara and marvelous Terrence Sejnowski.

By Abigail K

Aug 06, 2017

This was my first course on Coursera and I'm so glad. It set a high precedent and has given me a great foundation on which to continue my MOOC journey.

By Jessica M

Oct 20, 2017

Excellent course that I would recomment to anyone starting MOOCs!

By Andrew T

Nov 06, 2017

Effective, interactive, and enthusiastic teaching. Thank you very much.

By Carol

Sep 24, 2017

Very good course. Well presented and narrated. Never a boring moment!

By Steve W

Sep 23, 2017

This is a very helpful course that provides you with useful information on how to get more out of life.

By CLAUDIO B

Dec 06, 2017

Amazing powerful tools for our brain and w

By Chamroeun P

Dec 29, 2017

This course is incredible beneficial. It shows different aspects of learning can inspired you even you are the one who think you can't do it to learn.

By Gitansh K

Dec 12, 2017

it is very intresting and conspiring.

By Antreina S

Oct 13, 2017

I absolutely love this class. Very informative and inspirational. You can learn anything. Practice, practice and practice. Great teachers!

By Stephanie

Jul 08, 2018

Well presented, very interesting and useful in daily life

By Gary D P

Dec 18, 2017

What can one say about this course that would do it justice. The narrator is never dull or boring. Never once did this course or the course Learning how to learn leave the student feeling overwhelmed. The pace was perfect and the tests appropriate for the subject matter covered. As my second course in the world of online learning I can honestly say that this a good waste of your spare time. Now I will admit the cable company misses me. No longer feeling the zombie draw to mindless shows night after night the only problem is the addiction to learning.

By Zai E

Jul 09, 2017

I got so many ideas from this course. Also I developed a better understand on learning and how our minds work. I had already taken Learning How to Learn and this was a wonderful follow up course. I highly recommend this course to people who want to learn something new, want to make a shift in their career, and to teachers/future teachers.

By Raiyan S

Jul 25, 2017

Awesome! It gave me a new perspective on my learning and life in general!

By Fang L

Jun 12, 2017

Very good case which inspired me to be a life long learn

By Gabriel G

Sep 23, 2017

An excellent course. I have been a teacher for over 31 years and I accept that I must learn to teach. The new generations require that we know how they learn with the new technologies being friendly with their brains.

By David A

Sep 16, 2017

Great follow up course to learning how to learn - more career focused

By jose m c

Sep 30, 2017

Muchas gracias a Barbara y a su equipo, por este segundo gran curso......debo señar que "Aprendiendo a Aprender" ha sido el primer MOOC que he completado y que cambió mis conocimientos, mostrándome que no había limitación alguna para seguir aprendiendo miestras viva (tengo 62 años) y que además, mi calidad de vida, se verá beneficiada importantemente, en la medida que siga aprendiendo. La verdad es que los agradecimientos son pocos y pobres en comparación al cambio que se ha generado en mi, gracias estos cursos..........fui a italia de paseo y pude comunicarme en Italiano, fui a Rusia a ver la copa de confederaciones y pude comunicarme en Ruso, jamás habría imaginado alguna vez que esto podría ocurrir, he realizado varios otros Moocs (Cocina al vacio, confección de juegos vía PC, etc.).

Escribo esta referencia en español, para motivar a los latinoparlantes. Un abrazo e infinitas gracias.